Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Watches again….
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

That Victorinox is gorgeous. Do it man.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Must say I like that Victorinox too, just day window missing for my likes but I believe in their range they do one with tritium markers aspect too……
    Had a Nite M10 for nightwork but sold it after I retired, now sort of wishing I hadnt. Only thing letting Nite m10 is short battery life and £50 service seal cost……no point risking an expensive watch seal.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Nothing makes you look more of a berk than a stupid watch.

A big doughy pale wrist sporting a monstrosity like that. It looks anything but cool/stylish/acceptable.

Following that thread about a bright yellow van; I think you must be on another wind up. 😀

grantway
    Free Member

I have bought many watches from here Creation Watches and much cheaper than anywhere else.
    If the watch your looking for isn’t there, then you have to wait to re stock.

noltae
    Free Member

Metal straps are just the worst …

Scapegoat

Bering solar? Bang on budget, fuss free, not ten-a-penny.

unovolo
    Free Member

Take a look at Steinhart Ocean One Vintage divers, very well made watch and good value.
    Nice clear dial where you can actually read the time unlike those over busy Citizens.
    http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/OCEAN-one-Vintage-Military,909.html

loddrik
    Free Member

Gotta be a Citizen Ecozilla.

skiboy
    Free Member

Ok enough is enough.
    TUDOR .
    if someone buys one it might make it stop…

Enough is enough – completely disregard my first post, I’m buying a Victorinox INOX!

jim25

After much deliberating I’ve ordered one of these

Totally different to the Oris I was originally after!

CountZero

Nothing makes you look more of a berk than a stupid watch.
    A big doughy pale wrist sporting a monstrosity like that. It looks anything but cool/stylish/acceptable.

Not sure what point you’re trying to make, the Seiko Scuba is anything but stupid, it fulfills all the criteria of a timepiece;, it tells the time, clearly and unambiguously, without loads of clutter that over-complicates things.
    I have skinny, girly wrists, but my SP045RK certainly doesn’t look out of place, in fact my old Series 1000 TAG looks like a girl’s watch on me by comparison.
    Unless you’re trying to point out that the Seiko is preferable to the Casio Edifice, in which case it’s not at all clear that’s what you’re trying to do.
    No way could I wear something like those two Casios, I’d get a migraine looking at them, and I’d have to put glasses on just to read the dials.
    Pointless.

pirahna
    Free Member

jim25 – Member
    After much deliberating I’ve ordered one of these

Good choice (I’ve got one with white instead of green).

DrP

I like the comment on the solar watch advert..

“The Solar feature relieves you from the burden of battery replacement; a must when you are out in the woods for some adventure. “

That must be some adventure…. most batteries last, ooh, 3 years….!

DrP

growinglad
    Free Member

For my tuppence.

Seiko, some nice looking watches, don’t break the bank, not pretentious and bloody bomb proof.

Wife bought me one in 2006 for our Engagement…Worn day in day out, for everything, swimming in the sea, sailing, fixing engines/bikes, you name it, it’s seen it and survived. I’ve forgotten how many times I’ve caught the glass on a wall or something else, not a mark. The only time I alter it is when the clocks go back or forward, never looses time even after years of careless wearing. Wish I could say the same for my other watches with the big names.

I’m thinking of getting another one soon, just because I’ve worn it that much the strap is bear metal in a few places and I thought I’d treat myself to new smart one.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Watches again….’ is closed to new replies.