Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Want to try a bit of Bikepacking on the Yorkshire Moors?
  • gil_

The third year we have pulled together for a weekend of fun and a suggested 100 mile route across the beautiful North Yorkshire Moors, it’s split over 2 days with a suggested night stop at the amazing High Paradise Farm just outside Boltby

This gives a central point for the evening and an opportunity for some great food and beer, this year we’ve got Alpkit on board so an ideal opportunity to check out there bikes and clothing range, listen to chilled out music and sample an craft beer or two

It’s a non profit event, pulled together by people who love the area and just want people to enjoy themselves ~ there is a £30 charge for the overnight stop but this gives you evening food, a beer and breakfast roll, safe in the knowledge you have somewhere safe for the night

Get yourselves along, what have you got to lose

FUN

gil_
    kcal

oh!

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Just entered 🙂 .. double booked last year so didnt ride 🙁

jekkyl

Do you have to carry all your sleeping equipment?

survivor

Entered.

I’ve been looking forward to this since finishing last year’s.. was a great weekend

h4muf
    Free Member

Just booked it! Cheers.

bornonaboat

Such a great event, challenging riding,
    Pizzas to die for and beer from the gods.

Can’t wait.

aP
    Free Member

Couldn’t make it this year, just thinking about it currently for next year

Creg

Really tempted by this as an intro into bikepacking plus it’s close to home.

Is the route really technical?

No issues with the distance, it’s my lack of skill that’s the problem.

fooman

Normally Mrs Foo considers biking and camping mutually exclusive but she’s interested in this event (having serenaded her with tales of True Grit) where does it actually start from? I know the overnight is High Paradise Farm I assume it starts some way from there.

sijackson
    Free Member

Generally it’s not too technical, but considering that around 98 of the 104 miles are off road, there will be the odd short snippet, but nothing really springs to mind.
    I had it in mind that most, if not all will be on bikes laden with bags, so while there isn’t any gnar to be had, I didn’t want a gravel bike snooze fest either. If you have the legs, you’ll have no problems and really enjoy it.

sijackson
    Free Member

The route starts from Goathland. There is no set start time or start point. Folk just kinda gather around the village and set off in drips and drabs. Plenty of options for camping/parking/eating and drinking there too.

Creg

Well that’s me signed up…my first ever cycling event too.

Guess I’d better get a bike sorted 😁

jekkyl

Can anyone answer my question please? I quite fancy the look of it but cba carrying tent and gubbins. Can I arrange with the organisers for my stuff to be transported there and back so I can ride with just a camelbak?
    Thanks

gil_

Jekkyl, not really an option I;m afraid, however there are a limited number of rooms available on site, obviously this would be at an additional cost but could be an option if you want to travel light

robob
    Free Member

Booked!! 😁😁

charliemort

Mtb or gravel bike? Thanks

sijackson
    Free Member

You could do it on either. One bloke turned up on a CX bike with slicks on last year, Lois came on her Rocket with 170mm forks and Magic Marys. Both were fine.
    You would probably enjoy it more on a short travel hardtail though or something with plus size tyres.

Marin
    Free Member

I’d have to turn up in my van. Is parking good with the locals or handy fields available to pay and park on for few days?

sijackson
    Free Member

Plenty of options in Goathland. Most people stayed on Abbotts House Farm on the friday night and paid an extra fiver to park there all weekend. I’ll be getting in touch with them soon when i get an idea on numbers, and will put something up on the website in due course.

Inn on the Moor pub has become a sort of unofficial event HQ over the last few years and thats where many end up too.

Its all very loose. But hey, it kinda works out just fine. No sweat.

Marin
    Free Member

Thanks sounds good to me. See you then.

woody2000

In 🙂

kittyr
    Free Member

Ah I’d love to get involved with this event but it’s JUST before a 9 day U.K. road thing I’m doing so might be a bit ambitious on the schedule 🙁

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Want to try a bit of Bikepacking on the Yorkshire Moors?’ is closed to new replies.