Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Vodafone Broadband Pay as You go
  • geoffj

Anyone using one of these

Linky for details

I’ve had mine about a week, thinking I could replace my 3 monthly one which the contract is up on in March.

Running the 2 side by side, the vodafone is slower (using speedtest.net) and struggles to get a connection even in town centre locations (Perth, Glasgow, Crewe and Aberystwyth). I’m tempted to take it back and stick with 3, but I thought I’s check with the great unwashed for any other opinions before I do.

I’m wondering if the pre-paid version is throttled in some way compared to the monthly subscription versions?

Whaddy reckon?

Midnighthour
    Free Member

I have not checked your link, but when choosing a mobile broadband stick for myself I ended up with Vodaphone. I had really wanted a monthy contract rather than a year long one, but when I read the site carefully I realised the pay monthly modem was a different design and stated to be a slower speed then the full contract modem. Then they brought in a faster full contract modem about 2 days before I bought – so presumably the monthly contract one may be either 1 or 2 generations behind for speed.

My year contract one logs on ok in the locations I have tried so far, unless I am in a chain cafe (almost any brand) – my netbook tries to log on, goes through the whole system and then I get a message that my stick is faulty. If I leave the cafes it logs on fine. I have no idea if this is a vodafone issue, a general issue with sticks or if the internet cafe has some kind of blocking system to force you to pay for access to thier own broadband supplier.

A friend has a montly vodaphone broadband stick and seems to be getting on well with it in Cardiff.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Vodafone Broadband Pay as You go’ is closed to new replies.