Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Virgin Media (who to complain to in the UK)
  • onehundredthidiot

20 minutes of the most stilted conversation where i was trying to get the information about the processes for cancellation due to moving house and ended up cancelling totally.
    They wouldn’t accept “i don’t want to as as acceptable answer”.
    Felt sorry for the girl at the call centre for whom english was obviously not her native tongue.

Houns

When I worked there the CEOs complaints office was in Sheffield (even though CEO worked out of London)

maccruiskeen

You are probably wasting your breath. 3 months in we can’t get Virgin to acknowledge that one of their customers is dead – nearest thing to progress is a letter addressed to the deceased offering condolences at the news of his own death.

brooess
    Free Member

Give up.
    When they couldn’t give me the service I was paying for I emailed the Chief Exec with a formal complaint. His executive complaint team got onto it but still failed to give me working t’internet. So I walked away…

takisawa2

I posted my woes on cableforum.net & it was picked up by some big wig. It was fixed quickly etc, & I actually find them pretty good to deal with.

Perhaps my calls come through on a special red telephone, like the Bat-Phone, that sort of thing…

smudge
    Free Member

I had VM grief a couple of years and after all the grief from phonecalls I gave up, set up a twitter account and tweeted Richard Branson direct, within a few hours had a phone call from VM and then ongoing daily updates.. I know he’s no part of it anymore, but still a Branson/Virgin brand. worth a try.

IanW
    Free Member

Same as above… six years a customer had a problem, couldn’t get resolution they have no customer relation function so tweeted. Got the oh dear sorry to hear that style response but no additional help.

Cancelled now going to BT who are probably just as bad.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I have to say they’ve not been bad with me; effectively been with them 11 years (inc NTL) and seem to get a helpful UK based operative whenever I call.

Following threads on here about them I rang to say wanted to leave in a vain attempt at getting a discount and they trebled my broadband speed to 60mb, added channels, gave me 2 TiVo boxes and cut my bill by £10 per month.

Merlinman

Useful site: http://www.ceoemail.com/

Virgin Media = neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk

samuri
    Free Member

When you’re speaking to the support people, tell them you want to raise a formal complaint. They’ll either give you a number or an email address. Do both. Eventually a professional scapegoat will phone you up and take a load of abuse off you before agreeing to it sorted.

I had broadband problems with Virgin for 6 months! The arguments I had with them. I was virtually on the point of paying them to terminate when some chap at the complaints department phoned me. Within 2 days a proper engineer, not one of the monkeys who do the normal stuff, was round our house with his little meter and an actual laptop. he spent three hours troubleshooting the problem before finally identifying the appropriate section of cable and replace it. Been splendid every since.

ononeorange

Any attempt to speak to them has usually ended in disaster; their infeasibly expensive helpline talked me through changing all my settings which rendered the wifi utterly useless. I had to get someone from work IT to sort it out. I still haven’t worked out a year later how to get the printer to work again, quite why that was affected is beyond me.

In my experience, you’re better off complaining to thin air outside your front door.

(To be fair, on the upside service is OK when it works and they’re not BT.)

Scamper
    Free Member

Took 3 months to get a refund out of them. I concluded several people at the help line must have been telling me porkies just to get me off the line, so diverse were their explanations and suggested action. In the end I actually got to speak to a ‘manager’ who cared, confirmed must of which I was told was rubbish, and a cheque arrived the next day.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Virgin Media (who to complain to in the UK)’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM