Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 297 total)
  • Let's see your Fat bikes….
  • swavis

druidh – Member
    It’s a mistake and will cost you more in the long run.

I will be trying them on snow and very occasionally sand but 90% of the time it’ll be on my normal trails. If I find I need more float then I’ll maybe buy wider rims at a later date but I’ll see how I go for now on the 47’s.

motorman
    Free Member

Any bike with a Nate tyre & wide rim combo would work for you in mixed bog / gritstone. As big & grippy as they are, even they have limits 😯

Fresh out the box next to a HR.

Last winter…

They will ride bog within reason, again depends on how soft the going is…

druidh
    Free Member

That’s not a tyre.

That’s a paddle.

swavis

Where is that wee loch motorman? Looks interesting 🙂

motorman
    Free Member

It is above Scourie on the North side of the village if you are ever up that way. 2013 Summer moray fatbike trip anyone? 8)

Locally, Dallas has some interesting loch riding 😯

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Cheers Motorman, is there enough natural suspension for riding the rocky downhills to compensate for no suspension forks?

swavis

2013 Summer moray fatbike trip anyone?

Well a pal is going half fat, he was pricing up Enabler forks earlier so there might be another. We just need to work on spey 😉

charliedontsurf

Not mine…. But getting mine at Xmas…..

A quick review of the krampus, inc mud clearance.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yv7Or08CZ4&feature=plcp[/video]

coastkid
    Free Member

Guys the UK Fatbikes website is up and running on a temp URL but you can come over and sign up and say hello, most of you i see have already 🙂

UK Fat Bikes

40 chubby riding cyclists today 😀

JohnClimber
    Free Member

rogerthecat – Member

This is weirdly interesting, can I ask a couple of dumb questions please:

1. How would a fat bike fare on the mix of peat bog and gritstone in the the Peak, also the mud and slippage of the limestone in the White Peak – I have never seen one around here.

2. If running a fat bike in the above locality, what ratio would be best for a 26″ SS? Gave up gears a year ago and want to stay “clean!”

1) Fit it with Nate’s and you’ll be fine

2) Depending on your fitness I’d run an 18 or 19 on the back, don’t forget it’s outer diameter is a 29er even if it’s got a 26″ rim

lipseal
    Free Member

I’m 5’11 and looking to get a Mukluk 3, do I need a large?

JohnClimber
    Free Member

lipseal – Member

I’m 5’11 and looking to get a Mukluk 3, do I need a large?

At least

coastkid
    Free Member

John your bike looks massive on you! 😀
    I too am 5`11 and would deft opt for a Medium having ridden Andys large Mukluk 🙂

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I ordered a medium but a year later the meduim frame bag I ordered didn’t fit it.

The large one did so I must have a large one (u er missus) but for some reason it rides and feels just perfect to me.

singlespeedstu

6′ here on a Medium mukluk.

20120407_105228 by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

druidh
    Free Member

John – have you thought about trying one of these?

lipseal
    Free Member

Just put a deposit on one of these Mukluk 3’s in green, big thanks to Shona at Keep Pedalling for sorting it out. I feel like a fat kid in a sweet shop :mrgreen:

aa
    Free Member

can you people just stop please.

i want a fat bike, but, i don’t need another bike…this thread is not helping.

i’m already at n+1

😉

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Sweeet!!!

Top work Andy..

lipseal
    Free Member

I tried this n-1=n+1…it really does work…roll on Saturday!

lipseal
    Free Member

Cheers Nick can’t wait!

coastkid
    Free Member

The UK Fat Bike website is now on proper url 🙂 still loads to fill in but getting there…

http://www.ukfatbikes.co.uk

Bob
    Free Member

If anyone fancies building a fat bike, I’ll be putting these on ebay soon…

Just need to package them up and work out the postage cost. Forks need a service (won’t stay in short travel mode) and the hub bearings could do with replacing, so won’t be expecting a fortune for them.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Bob, you got a price in mind for the fork??

Bob
    Free Member

If they go on eBay for anything more than £50 (plus postage) I’d be happy, so if any STW members want first offer, there you have it.

I still need to package up and get a postage cost but if anyone wants to collect, I’m near Basingstoke.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’ll have it for £50 Bob.. 🙂

Drop me an email please..

ruffrider

Love this thread, the bikes and videos are awesome, needless to say I really want a Fat Bike…Drawn to the Pugsley or Krampus (a Surly man at heart). Can’t help noticing you don’t see Fat Bikes for sale 2nd hand, guess they must be keepers….

racefaceec90

just out of interest,how do they feel to ride (accelerating/turning e.t.c).
    they do look very interesting (cannot afford to buy one though/don’t ride the terrain they are meant for).

Bob
    Free Member

Done.

shaggy

The On-One is available for pre-order now!

druidh
    Free Member

You beat me to it!!!

Any idea when the tyres will be available to order? I’m watching my Husker Dus wear slowly down with each ride!

shaggy

I don’t know, I’m afraid. I don’t even know how many got ordered (vs. bikes) in the end.

Bob
    Free Member

just out of interest,how do they feel to ride (accelerating/turning e.t.c). they do look very interesting

A few of my mates said they’d demo’d them and had problems – stiction or just not smooth compared to Fox or Rockshox, but I got them new and liked them. I’m no expert rider, just average so maybe some expert could feel them flex but they were fine for me. Stiff over small stuff but moving well over bigger hits. You could twist the top of the R/H fork and push down on them to pack them down to about 80mm travel for long hauls on tarmac or uphill, then just ‘undo’ the top and they popped back up to full travel. See more here.

charliedontsurf

Bare witness to how the awesome fat bike, with one gear, is totally dropping those lightweights with their half-weight skinny tyred bikes, gear danglers, immac’d legs and generic Lycra.

If fat bikes are a bad idea then why did we come 12th out of 32 teams?

shaggy

You had Cab on your team- that’s tantamount to cheating!

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Ha Ha! Fat Bike on Bike to Work at On-One prices 😆

druidh
    Free Member

No excuse not to turn up for work during the next white-out/blizzard/minor snow fall/frost (delete as geographically appropriate)

househusband

No excuse not to turn up for work during the next white-out/blizzard/minor snow fall/frost (delete as geographically appropriate)

My excuse will be the 45miles each way…

druidh
    Free Member

Lightweight!

You’ll be fine as long as you remember to pump your tyres 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 297 total)

The topic ‘Let's see your Fat bikes….’ is closed to new replies.