• This topic has 12 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by J0N.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Video of yesterday’s ride
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

..including me falling off again! http://tinyurl.com/dzb23f

Been experimenting with positioning of the camera as well (it’s the GoPro Hero as available in the STW Shop) Liking the seatpost mounted rear facing shots

zaskar
    Free Member

That is so cool I have to get a cam one day.

Any tips?

(Sorry I love filming stuff and have been using my mobile on my bars which never sits still!)

Good capture of the crash too.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Tips

Review what you’ve shot and edit it (I use Windows Movie Maker, it’s easy & free)

Play around with mounting & angles. I got a Hero Ride kit (bar mount, extra mount link things) in addition to what comes with the camera. Next job is to work out a mounting that really shows the movement of the forks / shots for some extra intrest. Trouble is my full susser has massively fat tubes, so need to fabricate something.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

piedi di formaggio
    Tips

Review what you’ve shot and edit it

Practice what you preach.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

I used a the mount from a DMR top chain device roller:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=745
    and a kinda L bracker from any DIY / Hardware store, a couple of rubber washers and use the standard mounting point on the bottom of most cameras (for tri-pods etc) to mount mine together.
    Can mount it on the top tube, seat tube and handlebars for various angles. Also going to get another L bracker, drill out one of the holes to 12mm and mount it to my rear Maxle for either a rear shot that is low or possibly forward and get the whole bike in etc.

I have seen someone who used a chest strap and mounted their camera to it. That got the stem / handlebar / arms view and looked great, got to work that one out yet though.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’m thinking of employing bottle cage mounts and an old handlebar.

Just seen that GoPro do a chest mount now – gotta get me one of those!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Flippin’ heck! It’s £40 😯

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Crash looks even better than it did yesterday when i saw it!!

@andytallguy

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Strange thing is, I have no recolelction of ending up on all fours facing away from the bike when I came off!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Like a speeder in star wars – good sensation of speed
    There was a point where your rear wheel locked up
    And another when it nearly bonked the camera
    The crash was interesting too.

J0N
    Free Member

Nice vid. Look like good flowing trails.
    As Buzz says, Nice sensation of speed, but is it sped up a bit. Sorry if thats insulting its just that some of the crests looked as if you should be jumping at that speed. Still all good.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Nope no speed fiddling done.

When I came off, I stuffed my gears up (outer got pulled out of a ferrule, then got trapped, so lost higher gears, so couldn’t really maintain speed through the bombholes. Didn’t find this out until I’d come out of the other side of the bombholes though, just couldn’t change gear whilst going through them.

The wide angle of the lens tends to flatten things a lot, so although the wheels did leave the ground from time to time, you don’t really see it.

Honest!!!

J0N
    Free Member

Good stuff then. Nice fast flowing trails. My preference, with the odd steep or drop added in. 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Video of yesterday’s ride’ is closed to new replies.