Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Phone deals – How big is a MB in terms of emails?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I want a phone that I can use to browse the web and pick up email so it is a smart phone.

3 offer truly unlimited data while others say 200MB or 500MB or 750MB

How much data am I likely to use?

I know that is an unanswerable question but I don’t have a clue even to the scale of the data I will be using.

Lets assume 30 emails a day without downloading any attachments and perhaps 60 minutes web browsing on STW and similar while on the train.

Any idea how much data that is in MB?

clubber
    Free Member

I don’t use my 500mb/month and use the internet/email on my phone quite a lot though I use wifi for all browsing at home.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

That is the kind of answer I was after. Thanks

Asking if I want 500 or 750 without being able to give me any indication of what that means makes decisions difficult.

sharkbait
    Free Member

In 18 months I’ve used 670mb of data and I use the phone for (a small bit) of email and about 30 mins browsing every day – although I generally switch off images.
    Either way I very very much doubt you’ll get anywhere near 500mb/month.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Now to find who is doing the best deal

sharkbait
    Free Member

Other than price, the most important thing is to find who’s giving the best coverage where you are/most likely to spend time.
    Also, is anybody offering tethering so you can use your phone as a wifi modem for a laptop. Could be useful.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Looks like 3 are trying to buy the market. Pretty much no limits for £32 a month. Mind you trhe Dial a phone deal at number 3 looks like enough stuff and £153 cash back

http://top10.com/mobilephones/deals/samsung_galaxy_s_i9000/?gclid=CJ6hzIihwacCFcJP4Qod90I5_Q#products=cost%3D40%26minutes%3D500

lodious
    Free Member

I tether my PC to my phone, and use it 5 days a week. I sometimes go over the 500mb, but not often. If you don’t stream constant radio / video, and you don’t tether, I’d be surprised if you would bust 500mb with a phone.

HTTP404
    Free Member

and if you use Opera mobile browser, this compresses the data at their server end – so the amount consumed web browsing is miniscule.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Phone deals – How big is a MB in terms of emails?’ is closed to new replies.