Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Velodrome To Velodrome. The Prize Draw And The Next Venture (not for charity).
  • monksie
    Free Member

As promised after my idiot bike ride between London Velodrome to Manchester Velodrome. 220’ish miles in 13’ish hours – it was 224.4 miles in 13 hours and 30 minutes, the prize draw has been drawn, prizes being delivered by me or in the post and the winners are as follows:
    TV – ticket number 523 – Phil Dent.
    Rapha T-shirt – ticket number 642 – Harry Gifford.
    Cateye Strada Wireless computer – ticket number498- Tony Scotland.
    Handmade Union Jack Sling Bag – 186- Lesley Pauls.
    Revolition Long Sleeve Cycling Jersey – 653- Gary McCoy.
    Congratulations to everybofy who won and thank you to everybody who donated, gave encouragement and generally helped make it happen.
    No thanks in the main to the utterly useless fundraising team (bar two people) at St Ann’s Hospsice.
    Huge thanks to Andrew (..no hands) Jon (fatboyjon), Oliver (Crikey), James (Crazylegs) and Merxxman (Steve) for coming out on the day to help some miles pass, your supreme generosity was invaluable.
    Thank you to Bunnyhop, the kindest lady mountainbiker I’ve ever met who donated the slingback bag. If ever you’re moving house again…
    Thank you to the legend that is Tony Doyle for the donation of the days instruction with UK Bikeskills (and Simon Mr I Hate Nettles for paying full whack for it as soon as it was advertised to the highest bidder and for bumping the thread(s). Posh blokes are nice? I never knew). While I’m at it, thank you to Tom Our man In The North and NBT for the bumping as well.
    Thank you to the guys at Edinburgh Bikes and Royles as well as the two “I’d rather be annon”, donators. I and of course you know who you are.
    Some more thanks to Stockport Council Stockport Express and Key 103.
    Christ, this is nearly as hard as the ride!
    Thank you to the lovely people who came dowm to Manchester to cheer at the end and also along the route. Sorry for the tears Nicky and Emily. I must be going soft but when I saw you, I lost it.
    Finally, thank you to the ladies and gents at St. Ann’s Hospice for all that you do on a daily basis. I’d rather ride my bike from London to Manchester in 13’ish hours than do one shift on your wards.
    Now. Next year. No charity dontaions required.
    Lands End to John O’Groats. 4 days. In so far: Fatboyjon, Crikey and me. Anybody else?

nbt

Bumpty bump just in case anyone missed the announcement

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Lands End to John O’Groats. 4 days. In so far: Fatboyjon, Crikey and me. Anybody else?

You’re mental

Presubably doing it on a credit card/suppourted rather than properly touring? If you’re doing that with heavy bikes and panniers then I’ll send a donation to a mental health charity!

IHN

Aw shucks, it was nothin’ 😳

Good effort though fella, you should be proper proud.

Let me know when you’re planning the LeJoG, I ain’t riding it (four days?!) but I could maybe man a support van.

And why not do it for charity?

Bunnyhop

Yay – you are indeed a top chap Monksie (big girls blouse for crying though) 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Velodrome To Velodrome. The Prize Draw And The Next Venture (not for charity).’ is closed to new replies.