Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Van talk (sorry) upgrading locks on a sprinter
  • skidartist
    Free Member

Hello Van Wranglers.

I got Armaplates fitted to the locks on my sprinter after some did the jam-a-screwdriver-straight-through-the-bodywork trick.

All dandy, but now somebody has attacked the lock mechanism itself and the barrel needs replacing. I’m wondering if while i’m getting the work done whether there is an upgraded lock barrel I can fit, something a bit less screwdriver friendly and a bit tougher – what I’m looking for is a barrel that will fit in the existing handle / locking system, not a whole new secondary locking system like the Garrison Locks

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i think garrison make replacement barrels

zokes
    Free Member

Move to a nicer area?

skidartist
    Free Member

Gave Garrison a quick call, you’re right the do make them, but will only sell them in sets of four for quite an eye watering amount of money.

As it happens Zokes I am moving to nicer area, thanks to the xmas stw hack attack I went out and did something less boring instead, which was a spot of inpromptu house hunting, and as a result I’m moving to the grounds of a rather lovely castle in the countryside. With lots and lots of lovely riding on the doorstep. I’ll still need to park in glasgow fairly often though.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

having seen what they did to Trek’s sprinter (took an angle grinder to the door and attempted to cut a 12" square out around the locks) i’d say anything is pissing in the wind!

zokes
    Free Member

Ah, Glasgow. In that case, just drive the van down an embankment and burn it – it’ll save you the hassle when it happens unexpectedly at a later date courtessy of some ned! 😉

(I remembered the smart-arsed smily that time)

skidartist
    Free Member

I live in a nice bit of Glasgow though, rather than smash one of the windows to get in the back, one thief carefully removed the whole window, seals and all, and left all the bits in a neat pile on the pavement. What a gent. If only there was some way of giving accreditation to polite scum.

skidartist
    Free Member

Anyway once I move I can dig my own moat and fill it with sharks and winged monkeys.

or water

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Van talk (sorry) upgrading locks on a sprinter’ is closed to new replies.