Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Val Di Sole DH
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

Halfway through men’s quali the rain came through and confused the start order somewhat. It means if the conditions do change a lot tomorrow it could really confuse the order.
    The course looks proper bonkers. Cathro has a lot of great takes on it.

ayjaydoubleyou

As I just said over on that pinkbike website:
    So will this be 2019’s first real test of the revised protected rider qualifying and start order system. Seems most of the fast guys qualified but there are some unknown names in the top 20. Hope they get their chance to race live on TV rather than get bumped off it by a household name on a factory team.

wordnumb
    Free Member

I am going to attempt to watch this on catch-up a little later today, hopefully without immediately learning the names of the winning riders on starting the replay. Because, if you think about it, many if not most of the people watching the replay are seeing the footage for the first time due to not being available to watch the live stream or technical difficulties, and it’s kind of against the interests of the broadcaster to make it impossible to watch the event without having the whole thing rendered suspense-less by opening the video with an image of the results or a podium shot.

alpin
    Free Member

Great result….!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

brilliant run

eddiebaby
    Free Member

That really was a fun session. Great one with the mixed up start order.

nickc

Fantastic result, really pleased!!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member
    MSP

Those still seem to be last years highlights.

Chuffed that Greenland has got his first win, hopefully that will now open the floodgates for more. His run was insane (as was his run at Les Gets).

seosamh77
    Free Member

https://www.redbull.com/int-en/events/AP-1XJS6F61D2111

That’s todays.

bit of a crap end cause of how the qualifying went.

the womens result was something else, edited spoilers..

alpin
    Free Member

What’s the deal with some guys riding with yellow number plates?

dirkpitt74

Finished watching the reply this morning.
    What a race!
    Gutted for the GOAT and Danny!
    Brilliant run for Greenland though – pinned all the way.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

What’s the deal with some guys riding with yellow number plates?

Leading teams get yellow numbers.

I still can’t get my head around how fast the riders are down those tech sections.

kayak23

Stoked for Laurie. That’s been coming a long time. What a run!

Shame Bren didn’t get high up again.

kayla1
    Free Member

Woo! Go on there tiny Thor!

cchris2lou

Very pleased for local rider Marine Cabirou.

BoardinBob

Mini Thor😂

Very accurate

cookeaa

One thing I did think was a bit off was that they didn’t give full coverage to some of those “out of position” qualifiers, they kept cutting away to the hotseat or to whichever big name was next up at the start hut…

I just thought that was a wee bit shitty TBH, if someone qualified inside the top 20, irrespective of the circumstances, they should be given the same coverage as anyone else would be…

Otherwise a really good race…

superstu
    Free Member

So pleased for Laurie. Not by luck either, kicked arse down there.

muggomagic

One thing I did think was a bit off was that they didn’t give full coverage to some of those “out of position” qualifiers, they kept cutting away to the hotseat or to whichever big name was next up at the start hut…

I just thought that was a wee bit shitty TBH, if someone qualified inside the top 20, irrespective of the circumstances, they should be given the same coverage as anyone else would be…

Otherwise a really good race…

Didn’t they do that for every rider? Just assumed that it was where they were on the sections that aren’t covered by a camera. Would be great if they could ever get to a point where they can fill in those gaps with rider cams.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Val Di Sole DH’ is closed to new replies.