Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Vacuum Cleaner?
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

agh, just as I’m getting the D90 fund off the ground the Dyson burns out another belt then finally gives up the ghost. Don’t really want to go for another Dyson, didn’t rate it that much, looked at a couple of Samsung and the “turbo head” literally exploded and scattered across the store floor! the Hoover branded ones looked shite and the Meile were equally as poor (there was even one that they had been using to clean the store in bits!).

come on folks, what’s the smart choice in the land of suck?

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Henry sucks best.

Drac

The answer you’ll get on here is Henry.

Me I’ve never had a problem with Dysons.

project
    Free Member

get a cheap one and they cost less in the long run, 12 months guarantee , just take it back every 11.5 months,

RudeBoy
    Free Member

FFS, what on Earth are you doing to all your domestic appliances? was not it your wash mashin that went the way of the Dodo, recently?

Henry. Don’t **** about with all they poncy w4nky other ones.

nickc

Sebo.

MrNutt
    Free Member

a Henry? really, I actually picked one up, are they any cop? we use them at work and I can’t say I’m overly impressed by them, is there a commercial and a domestic model?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Henry: Simple, effective, tough, reliable.

Try chucking a flimsy plasticky Dyson down a flight of concrete stairs, and see if it’ll work afterwards (actually, don’t, because it wont).

IME, Henries last longer than all but proper industrial jobs. 20 years or more is not unheard of.

Don’t **** about, Nutt. Think of your impending nuptials. You woon’t want your lovley financé to leave you, because you bought some shoddy, overpriced piece of junk now, would you?

Are you willing to forfeit your Love?

MrNutt
    Free Member

are you not just suggesting the henry because your just an industrial design slut?

SirJonLordofBike
    Free Member

Miele were no good for me , I have a £260 one that lasted 2 years.
    Sebo are highly rated, they do a couple of good ones I have a Sebo felix (pet) its ace and comes with a 5 year guarentee very manouverable and light, bit like domestic version of the well reviewed commercial Dart model, think that the X4 (?) had won awards too

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Do you want your lovley intended to leave you?

No, thought not.

Also available in pink!

nickc

Couple of stuck on vinyl eyes don’t necessarily make for a good hoover…

redthunder
    Free Member

henry.

eyes or not.

Drac

So test a product you chuck it down the stairs?

Interesting.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Well, I once saw a Henry bounce down a set of concrete stairs, and still work perfectly, with only a couple of cosmetic scuffs.

I’ve seen a Dyson fall down a short set of carpeted stairs, and splode into a million plastic pieces. The one in my old place I shared, I knocked the brush bit on a table leg or something, as you do, and the front plastic bit had to be replaced; cost over £80. I stuck it back on with a bit of superglue, but it fell off when the cleaner tried to use it. So I blamed her.

See? Dysons lead to innocent people getting framed for crimes THEY DID NOT COMITT!!!

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Sebo x4 here. Great vacuum cleaner. But at over 200 sheets i won’t be chucking it down any stairs.

waynekerr
    Free Member

Sorry I can’t help, my wife does all that kind of stuff.

Lactic
    Free Member

Buy a dyson, it’s the vacuum cleaner of choice for the non-perverted:-
    Henry & Russell

Kahurangi

I’m using a really old DC01 and it’s fine. better than the old Henry’s I’ve used as

1. it upright and you’re not dragging it around by a hose
    2. uprights have the beater brush
    3. bagless

jester
    Free Member

another vote for Henry

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Miele. They’re vacuum cleaners suck! And I mean that in the positive way.

avdave2

We’ve had two Dysons, first one a cylinder the second an upright. First one lasted years second one only just reached two years before dying. I’m suspicious that the quality went down when they moved manufacturing out of the UK. Yes I know that may seem hard to believe and if it’s true it may also be unique. The whole bagless thing is great until you actually have to empty it. A far better design would dump the dust into a bag without blowing the air through the bag giving you the best of both worlds. I can’t see how a man who can combine a football and wheelbarrow couldn’t have got that sorted. But of course that wouldn’t have been so easy to market as being revolutionary.
    We’ve got a Seebo now which works and seems very well made and best of all doesn’t have an automatic cable rewinder which always play up whatever you buy.
    However if I was going out to buy a hoover then I’d come back with a Henry, a man’s hoover! We use them all the time on exhibit stands and they last and they work. And look in the back of any builders van or what commercial cleaning companies use, henry every time.

MrNutt
    Free Member

ok, is the Henry on sale at Currys the same as a Henry that I’d buy through work?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Kirby, the daddy. Nothing even comes close

FACT!!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Probbly, Nutt, probbly.

Think of it like this: A Henry will set you back what, £80-100? One of they poncey ones will rape you of £200+.

£200+? On a vaccum cleaner?

Think about what you could spend the extra £100 on.

Yes, that’s right.

Mm…. bike bits….cams….film…frilly lingerie….

S’not rocket science really, is it, mate?

MrNutt
    Free Member

ah but the wife gets asthma, so filtration rather than dust relocation is key!

marcus7
    Free Member

Just bought an Erbo from Germany for work, not very mobile but will rarely have problems, its a a bit pricey and uses a fair bit of electric but will outlast owt you can buy from currys :wink:..

cinnamon_girl

Hello MrNutt! I’m biased with electric appliances but I do have a lot of experience unfortunately! Another vote for Miele, mine is a cylinder one and you can get them with all sorts of filtration. Not expensive, Argos sell them.

Miele are just so reliable, well-made and solid.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

ah but the wife gets asthma, so filtration rather than dust relocation is key!

And? All vacuum cleaners suck up dust. Send her out to buy some prawns, while you do the hoovering.

Henry with dust filtration.

Don’t be sucked in by all the hype bollocks. S’just marketing bullshit designed to get you to part with money for some fancy poncy overpriced plastic junk.

H
    E
    N
    R
    Y.

CLOSE THREAD PLEASE MODS.

Thank you.

cinnamon_girl

Fred – the Miele coped with filthy teenagers and an equally filthy moulting dog (I won’t mention the filthy girlie mountain biker) 😆

Did I mention the equally filthy cars?

grizzlygus
    Free Member

I’m with RB on this. I find the level of narrow-mindedness, intolerance, and bigotry, by some, towards Henry on this forum, quite frankly appalling.

And if people had thought a little more carefully about the consequences, and not put so much faith in Miele and Seebo, the country might not be in the mess in it’s in today 🙁

RudeBoy
    Free Member

S’true, you know.

If MrNutt does not in any way buy a Henry, then I’m going to tell his financé to call the wedding off. I mean, if he goes and buys owt else, it just means that he is weak of mind and will, and therefore not a fit husbind.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Mrs Dodger did a visit to the numatic (henry) factory reciently she is well impressed with the R& D facilities and everyone in the factory was proud of what they made ( rare eh)

Bottom line she will be buying one soon and the dyson will be for garage use only

bit of advice buy a pink Henryetta cos its a thing for the beloved to love and cherish

saladdodger
    Free Member

Henry’s are all british made to unlike that true brit Dyson who moved production from Malmsbury to Malasia

So more british jobs went down the tubes

Thank You James Dyson

saladdodger
    Free Member

BTW nutboy

The henrys have good filtration , hepa etc thats why the wife is procuring them for the NHS in devon

trailmonkey

Mrs Dodger did a visit to the numatic (henry) factory reciently she is well impressed with the R& D facilities and everyone in the factory was proud of what they made ( rare eh)

I can back this up. I used to be a regular visitor to their Chard factory. It’s a company with a decent attitude towards it’s workers from what I could gather. Worth backing.

Lucas
    Free Member

We were looking at vacuums this weekend, I want an upright one with brushes that spin round to clean the carpet.

Dysons seemed very plasticy (the type that shatters when you bang it into stuff). Henry doesn’t have the uprightness or spinny brushes so I liked the Miele cat and dog (we have a dog).

Things I’m not sure about the Miele are it’s price (looks well made though) and the bags……..anyone know if you empty the bags or just chuck ’em when they are full (£2 a bag though!!).

mrsflash
    Free Member

I love my henry 🙂

MrNutt
    Free Member

right then,

dyson’s are out. fed up with them and I agree with the comments about closing of the Malmesbury plant.

miele is out, I looked at a “managers special” pet and erm, whatever, and it was shagged, it had clearly been used in the store and the top didn’t close properly, the filter brick thing kept popping up and stopping the lid from closing, all the hinges and buttons felt very flimsy, just not a very good hoover, despite the managers “but its a £200 hoover for £50” suggestion, my point was it was shagged!

I’m sorely tempted to buy this:

as I grew up with three of them! (but looks like there’s some keen interest: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120385211898)

I think if I were to get a henry it would have to be the commercial one as its got a longer chord.

or should I get an edward?

Lucas
    Free Member

I like to look of the HenryHound as it has spinny brushes and the filter thing.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Vacuum Cleaner?’ is closed to new replies.