Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • UST or Dual Ply tyres – Non tubeless rims.
  • reevil
    Free Member

Long story cut short:

Bought UST Minion DHF & LUST High Roller tyres,
    Bought Stans conversion kit for Flows rims.

Couldn’t get the rims I wanted, bought Spank Ooozy on Hope Pro2s instead.

Should I send back the UST tyres and get Dual Ply, then run them tubeless, or keep the UST ones? I’ve never used UST tyres before, so unsure about using them with non-tubeless rims.

Riding style is mini-dh/incompetant hard trail.

reevil
    Free Member

Bump

mboy
    Free Member

If you want to run tubeless, the UST tyres will be easier to setup.

Normal Maxxis tyres are known for setting up well in a tubeless setup too, but proper UST tyres will always be easier.

barn
    Free Member

(L)UST Maxxis work great with non tubeless rims and conversion kits.

chrisb57
    Free Member

I’m jumping in here sorry. Just bought an Orange P7 pro it comes with hope pro 2 evo with mavic 319 rims and maxxis advantage . Wich conversion kit do I need and will it work

chrisb57
    Free Member

My other bike is tubeless , stans crest and using bontrager TLR tyres some are really hard to get on XR2 but FR4 and mud x are ok in my experience. Also Continental xking are good but take a while to seal sidewall beware 🙂

reevil
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Are there any weight advantages to using one over t’other?

chrisb57
    Free Member

UST are always goIng to be heavier thank the standard named tyre t,hey are designed to be run on UST rims ie no setup just fit and forget and also with no sealant .? However although tougher than standard tyres they are not bomb proof so sealant is a good idea . Tubeless ready means the tyre bead is UST designed so will seal up better on a UST rim or tubeless rdy rim.ie requires rim tape or rubber rim strip . You will loose weight with tubeless rdy tyres and sealant, but it’s also about how the tyre rolls over terrain with less pressure more grip , you will almost certainly never get a snake bite either .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘UST or Dual Ply tyres – Non tubeless rims.’ is closed to new replies.