Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • US: Anyone ridden/knows good riding spots on Calif/Nevada border?
  • M
    Free Member

Hi,

We’re going to San Fran end of March, taking in a week of skiing in Lake Tahoe and a few national parks along the California/Nevada border (starting in a place called Redding). I reckon the best way to get round these parks is by bike so does anyone know or can recommend places to hire decent bikes and good mtb areas? Can you suggest any other placs to ride? Unfortunately we’re not going as far as Utah

Cheers,

M.

richardk
    Free Member

Loads around Lake Tahoe

http://www.theflumetrail.com/

I used cyclepaths who were good once they’d remembered who I was
    Names that spring to mind for trails are
    Mr Toads wild ride
    Stanford ridge (or peak)

End March may be snowbound though…

RepackRider
    Free Member

Redding is the home of the Chain Gang Bike Shop, which has been sponsoring races since before NORBA. Check out their website, and go to the shop.

If you get to the Bay Area, and if you have a Sunday to hit Repack, I can find you a bike in Marin County.

If you get to Tahoe, you want to ride the Flume Trail. Go to the Olympic Bike Shop for a bike and advice.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I was there a couple of years ago. Look out for the Tahoe Bike Shop at South Lake Tahoe, ask for Travis. The guy gave us great route maps and trail advice. Mr Toads Wild Ride, the Armstrong and Christmas trails are highlights. The Flume trail is more mellow but it is possible to make a big loop up there.

We rented a cabin at Camp Richardson. Some of the nbest riding ever is out there. Oh I nearly forgot Downieville, we didnt ride it but everyone asked if we had!

Hook up with Repack Rider in Fairfax, the guy is a legend. He rescued me when I got lost on Mt Tam.

RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

Ah. McMoonter!

Thought you had forgotten me.

Here’s a photo from our adventure. McMoonter and some genuine California mountain biking hippies.

———————————–
    Orwell was a f#@king optimist.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Charlie, once experienced….never forgotten!

I might get back out thie autumn, if I do, I’ll be sure to get out for a ride with the guys again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘US: Anyone ridden/knows good riding spots on Calif/Nevada border?’ is closed to new replies.