Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • UK passport renewal waiting time
  • jairaj

Any one renewed their UK passport recently, if so did it arrive within the 3 weeks they claim? Or are there still long delays as seen in the summer?

Wondering weather I should pay the extra for the fast track service.

thanks

br
    Free Member

When will yours expire vs when do you need one for?

jairaj

It expires in June but I’m travelling in and out of Europe a few times from end of Feb till June, so I have to sort it out now as I won’t have time later on.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Use check and send at the Post Office and you always seem to get a quicker turnaround.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

As above. I used check and send last time I renewed mine and it was back in a week.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Oddly, my wife and daughter’s new passports just arrived at lunchtime today.

Applied online before Christmas, and posted the declaration and photos on the 31st December (surprisingly little paperwork).

Not bad considering there was a bank holiday in the middle. Nothing complex though, just renewals.

tonyplym
    Free Member

Renewed mine using the online service in November and got everything back within a couple of weeks.

jairaj

Great thanks for the info looks like standard service should be more than good enough.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I think the delays are largely gone, it was the normal summer rush multiplied. I got mine same day a couple of months ago via the same day service as i needed to go to the states and realised I had only 4 months left on it, I was told at the time that turn around times where normal but I needed it sooner.

nickjb
    Free Member

Wife did hers in Newport. You pop into the office in the morning. Go away for a few hours then go back and get it. Cwmcarn is 10 mins away but she went shopping. There are a few offices around the country.

br
    Free Member

It expires in June but I’m travelling in and out of Europe a few times from end of Feb till June, so I have to sort it out now as I won’t have time later on.

If you are unable to do without your passport, probably worth paying for something with a guaranteed delivery.

20thebear
    Free Member

Wife just did hers and it took less than 10 days

MikeWW
    Free Member

Just done mine and less than 2 weeks

Dickyboy

check & send with the post office was 3 weeks pretty much at the height of last summers debacle – pretty much brought on by Teresa May making all expats passport renewals go through UK passport office rather than at local embassy as had been done previously 🙄

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘UK passport renewal waiting time’ is closed to new replies.