Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 441 total)
  • UFC Content – Did Aldo Take a Dive?
  • nealglover
    Free Member

from the original ‘top dog got unexpectedly whacked WTF?’ post.

More like “I’m not buying that, he took a dive for sure, no way was that a knockout punch”

Junkyard
    Free Member

followed by my club TKD would kill them all . some backtracking, some wriggling but no grappling, no sense and the potato defence

nwill1
    Free Member

Was going to post more but battery went and needed food!

Wanmankylung…what’s your response to the above? The’re just a small number the list goes on…anyone in your club quite like Sage? He must be the epitome of superb martial artist must he not?

grum
    Free Member

Succesful troll is succesful. 7 pages, 244 posts….

nealglover
    Free Member

troll

Very generous.

I don’t think so.

Trolls don’t backtrack.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Wanmankylung…what’s your response to the above? The’re just a small number the list goes on…anyone in your club quite like Sage? He must be the epitome of superb martial artist must he not?

What’s my response to the above? My response to the above is that none of them are what I would call spectacular or impressive. There’s an 18 year old lad in our club has 14 world titles, 22 European titles, 80 odd national titles in TKD and Kickoxing, but he can’t get into the national team. He fights his own weight division, the one above it and the one above that. He fights cadet and senior. He won the scottish title last year beating the national team captain who is his intructor. That’s impressive. He was offered a place on the olympic development squad but turned it down because he wants to stay with his club and help to coach youngsters. That’s impressive.

jimjam
    Free Member

How many ADCC champions are there in your local BJJ club?

nwill1
    Free Member

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah….LMFAO.

Just read this back to yourself…”He won the scottish title last year beating the national team captain who is his intructor. That’s impressive.” Yet “none of them are what I would call spectacular or impressive. “

Sounds like he’s on for winning gold in Brazil next year then before storming the UFC and becoming Champion in 2 years time like Connor…oh no wait he can’t get in the national team but he’s still much much more spectacular than UFC champions and fighters that have won ‘real’ world titles and competed in the Olympics!

Oh hang on “He was offered a place on the olympic development squad but turned it down because he wants to stay with his club and help to coach youngsters. That’s impressive.”

Were you aware that nearly all UFC fighters coach as well (young and old) many have their own gyms but nothing compared to your mate…he doesn’t need to be in the Olympics…why would he…he’s already the greatest fighter of all time…doesn’t need to prove it…now that is impressive.

Lol

wanmankylung
    Free Member

How the hell would I know?

Some dude called Rick Young runs it.

nwill1
    Free Member

Bet you have a mate quicker than Danny Hart DH in the mud that can do bigger 360 drops than Kam Zink too but chooses not to compete too! 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

is he good enough to train with you or is he too intimidated by your tKD boys ?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah….LMFAO.

Just read this back to yourself…”He won the scottish title last year beating the national team captain who is his intructor. That’s impressive.” Yet “none of them are what I would call spectacular or impressive. “

Sounds like he’s on for winning gold in Brazil next year then before storming the UFC and becoming Champion in 2 years time like Connor…oh no wait he can’t get in the national team but he’s still much much more spectacular than UFC champions and fighters that have won ‘real’ world titles and competed in the Olympics!

Oh hang on “He was offered a place on the olympic development squad but turned it down because he wants to stay with his club and help to coach youngsters. That’s impressive.”

Were you aware that nearly all UFC fighters coach as well (young and old) many have their own gyms but nothing compared to your mate…he doesn’t need to be in the Olympics…why would he…he’s already the greatest fighter of all time…doesn’t need to prove it…now that is impressive.

Lol

Can I have that in coherent sentences now please?

On a more serious note, if that’s really genuinely how you’re reading what I wrote up there it might be worth visiting your GP because it’s so far away from what was actually written that it’s worrying. You had any head injuries or bangs to the head?

firestarter
    Free Member

Have you been to elevenerife

Junkyard
    Free Member

your trolling is getting increasingly personal now – you actually edited to add the paragraph of personal stuff 😯
    Bit tragic .

wanmankylung
    Free Member

your trolling is getting increasingly personal now – you actually edited to add the paragraph of personal stuff
    Bit tragic .

I edited to express concern. If that’s interpreted by you as trolling or tragic then that’s your problem not mine.

pondo

How come your 18 year old mate isn’t doing MMA? He can still do his club coaching in his soare time.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

How come your 18 year old mate isn’t doing MMA? He can still do his club coaching in his soare time.

Erm – he doesn’t want to? He’s happy with what he does? Doesn’t think that UFC is the pinnacle of martial arts?

nwill1
    Free Member

Bangs to the head yes…knocked out with a kick to the head whilst kickboxing and twice falling from my bike!

I’m reading it as, your not impressed by world class athletes who have won some serious martial arts tournaments on a world stage and achieve a high level in the world of full contact MMA but appear very impressed by a talented youth in your club who has won some national competitions but can’t make it into the national team…it does sound a little silly think about it, the rest was just an sarcastic exaggeration expanding on what it sound like you were implying.

I won’t call the out of hours GP…reckon I’ll be fine.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

You’ve still missed most of what was said. If your KO was recent get yourself checked out. I’m seriously not taking the piss.

There’s an 18 year old lad in our club has 14 world titles, 22 European titles, 80 odd national titles in TKD and Kickoxing, but he can’t get into the national team. He fights his own weight division, the one above it and the one above that. He fights cadet and senior.

That can hardly be described as “some national titles” and it’s way more than any of the people who you listed on previous pages have won.

nwill1
    Free Member

Assuming that most are Junior titles beings he’s 18? Sorry to say but with all the different organisations they’re not really world titles are they? The only folk that turn up are those with the time, money and inclination to bother unlike the Olympics where it’s genuinely the best in the world from the whole world, I mean what is the qualifying process to be selected to attend the competitions? If he can’t make it onto the National team how can he win a world title? One assumes most if not all of his own national team members are better than him?

Anyway who has he fought of any standout notability? All the fighters I’ve mentioned have fought the worlds best.

At the end of it all you clearly have no fondness for UFC as it’s an inferior sport in your opinion with a bunch of loser brawlers that have no credentials or skills that could ever impress you or your mates who are world champions of much higher regard so I guess we may as well end the thread.

Aldo took a dive, Connor can’t punch, no serious martial artist would waste their time competing in the UFC.

PS please do not have any concern for my well being the most recent head injurybwasb7 years ago, all checked out and clear apart from they did mention I may suffer from a delusion that MMA fighters are credible martial artists…go figure!

warton
    Free Member

Main Achievements (Judo)

Olympic Bronze

My response to the above is that none of them are what I would call spectacular or impressive.

Come on mate, you’re sounding a little ridiculous now.

jimjam
    Free Member

wanmankylung

How the hell would I know?

And yet you boldly asserted…

wanmankylung

I’d put money on atleast half of my TKD clubs members whipping both or their arses. Same with the local BJJ and boxing clubs.

…without knowing anything about grappling or your local club. You should also know that your local Kickboxing club members won’t whip K1 champions, and it’s highly unlikely that members of your local boxing club would beat professional fighters who train with the best boxing instructors in the world, like Freddie Roach, just for example.

But yeah, your local TKD club members would whip the worlds most elite fighters in a point scoring dance.

scaredypants

dunno about skillz but you lot have some stamina, fo’ sho’

(and, every time you say “grappling”, I get this):

“Should I ??”

pondo

There’s an 18 year old lad in our club has 14 world titles, 22 European titles, 80 odd national titles in TKD and Kickoxing, but he can’t get into the national team.

Does that not show a lack of value to his titles?

nwill1
    Free Member

pondo +1

wrecker
    Free Member

Does that not show a lack of value to his titles?

That’s what I thought. Someone having 14 world titles at 18 reflects a really shit sport.

tinybits
    Free Member

What you’re missing on a lot of these titles (in tkd) is that the same person, on the same day can win (for example)

light weight, middle weight, heavy weight sparring

Breaking (hand) breaking (foot)

High kick

Patterns

Team Patterns

Weapons

so that’s something like 9 titles on one day, and it sounds very much like he fights above his weight / age so very very likely.

I don’t think anyone’s going to be in doubt that someone with a high kick national title will wup a professional MMA fighter.

wrecker
    Free Member

World champion high kicker? 😯
    Is it cheerleading?

Junkyard
    Free Member

no the TDK competitors are less pretty and not as tough but they are the better dancers

BoardinBob

As Mike Tyson said, “Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face”

BoardinBob

(and, every time you say “grappling”, I get this):

“Should I ?

More like this. First two minutes are them just playing chess. Guy in red is my mate. Nicknamed “Judo”.

https://vimeo.com/41449899#t=150s

tinybits
    Free Member

Oh, and to be clear. apologies for getting the two different world TKD championships held in Italy within a month of each other mixed up.
    I think that also shows the idiocy of the ‘World champs’ label, when different organisations of the same sport have their own world titles. I’ve fought at a couple of ‘World Championships’, with a best place of 3rd in heavy weight sparing. That’s actually nothing more than an interclub 3rd place and I sure as hell wouldn’t get into a ring with one of the top mma guys.

tinybits
    Free Member

@ wrecker – the high kick is for juniors, more as a bit of fun and shows flexibility. To be clear, and it is taught in this way, sport TKD sparring has NOTHING to do with fighting.

wrecker
    Free Member

@ wrecker – the high kick is for juniors, more as a bit of fun and shows flexibility.

I bet it is indeed fun, but attaching a world champion title to it? Really?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Am I the only one who supposes there could actually be an advantage (to some) of “fighting” heavier weight competitors in TKD? If you can jump around like a flea won’t you be faster than your opponent, hence score points easier?

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

I know nothing about UFC and never watch it. Well, that’s slightly untrue, i know that i wouldn’t want to get in a ring with any of them.

but one thing that confuses me is why they punch differently to boxers? they seem to use a slap type punch as opposed to a ‘normal’ punch.

I did also see a comedian somewhere, possibly live and he had a routine whereby his mates had put him in the ring for his stag do. It seemed based on truth and apparently he got a total ar$e whupping.

MSP

They are punching with very different gloves, and the defensive position they have to return to is different due to the range of attacks they might have to defend against, that follow through to defensive path exaggerates the difference in the punch imo.

tinybits
    Free Member

@ Rob, it certainly is, however the good heavy weights are just very lanky, with a massive reach, and not slow either!

@ MTB-idle – I think it’s due to being ready to defend kicks, takedowns etc, so the close in ‘chambering’ of the punch is different to boxers, happy to be corrected on this though.

jam-bo

but one thing that confuses me is why they punch differently to boxers? they seem to use a slap type punch as opposed to a ‘normal’ punch.

a ‘normal’ punch with 4 oz gloves is very good at breaking your knuckles?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

What you’re missing on a lot of these titles (in tkd) is that the same person, on the same day can win (for example)

light weight, middle weight, heavy weight sparring

Breaking (hand) breaking (foot)

High kick

Patterns

Team Patterns

Weapons

so that’s something like 9 titles on one day, and it sounds very much like he fights above his weight / age so very very likely.

Yeah, it’s being missed despite already being there for all to see.

There’s an 18 year old lad in our club has 14 world titles, 22 European titles, 80 odd national titles in TKD and Kickoxing, but he can’t get into the national team. He fights his own weight division, the one above it and the one above that. He fights cadet and senior.

All of his titles are for sparring.

a ‘normal’ punch with 4 oz gloves is very good at breaking your knuckles?

Not if the technique is good.

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 441 total)

The topic ‘UFC Content – Did Aldo Take a Dive?’ is closed to new replies.