Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 441 total)
  • UFC Content – Did Aldo Take a Dive?
  • wanmankylung
    Free Member

I’m not buying it that someone who has been undefeated in 10 years has a glass jaw like that nor would they leave themselves so open with such a rookie defensive error.

djflexure

Just watched it. Could not get over how open he was, then took a lunge forward. Goodnight.

jedi

a dive????? that was a gun fight

jambalaya
    Free Member

Available online anywhere – I read the reports. Sounds like a very naive mistake which is surprising for an established fighter.

nwill1
    Free Member

Have you ever watched UfC before? Did you follow the lead up over the last 9 months.

That was the result of the break down of an athletes mental game. Yeah undefeated for 10 years the guys not stepped in the octagon in over a year so he was going to have ‘ring rust’.

Did you watch his body language, he stepping in the ring and did not lift his eyes from the floor, he could not look at Connor, he Flickr his eyes for 1/8th second in the stare down…he could not look at Connor.

He came out scared and panicked, he was hoping to go out swing for the fences and catch Connor with the early KO…Connor was far too relaxed an controlled to have fell for that, Aldo opened himself up in his panic and a Connor did what he does…totally legit…I’m surprised Aldo even turned up if you can call it that!!!

jam-bo

Glad I didn’t stay up to watch it.

I found it on Instagram pretty easily.

nwill1
    Free Member

Glad I got up…decent card…Rockhold fight was ace!

jedi

rockhold was brilliant.
    romero does my head in with his constant cheats though

wanmankylung
    Free Member

nwill – what a load of rubbish. It was such a low level error that i’m not buying it. The other fights were decent enough.

firestarter
    Free Member

I stayed up and I’m knackered I should have just watched it on snapchat this morning

KidCragg
    Free Member

Spoiler alert in title!!!!

Cheers for ruining tonight entertainment OP

firestarter
    Free Member

You’ve not missed much

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Spoiler alert in title!!!!

Away and boil your head. There was no entertainment.. “Fight” lasted 13 seconds, there are plenty Vines around with the whole fight in them.

steve-g
    Free Member

To be fair, you were going to have to find something else to do anyway

v8ninety

Is this UFC stuff real then? I always assumed it was a bit like American wrestling, but with an older and nastier target audience. Seems a bit odd to enjoy watching tow from men try their best to inflict serious injury on each other, but it keeps it off the streets I suppose.

timmys

Have you ever watched UfC before?

Nope, not a sexually dysfunctional ‘roid-raging psychopathic loner. Thanks for asking!

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Also, there’s no way that McGregor is not on the jungle juice.

jimjam
    Free Member

Fantastic event, fantastic result. Haters will hate, trolls will troll. Some people have knock out power, most people don’t. McGregor hits like a truck. Go back and watch any of his fights (with the exception of Joe Duffy) and you’ll notice barely any of his opponents can take a clean shot from him. It’s absurd to suggest this was fixed or rigged in any way. The idea that Aldo, already a millionaire, Brazilian national hero, making many more millions from this fight would consent to taking a clean unanswered shot like that, risking serious long term brain damage into the bargain is absurd. Even IF such a conspiracy were to happen it would be far safer, far more plausible and far easier to fake a submission.

wanmankylung

Also, there’s no way that McGregor is not on the jungle juice.

It’s highly unlikely that he is with the USADA testing which far exceeds virtually any other high profile professional sport. We’ll know in a few days though. much more likely that Aldo *could* be. Rumours of steroid use have followed him around for years as they do pretty much every high level Brazilian fighter. Steroids are legal in Brazil.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

It’s highly unlikely that he is with the USADA testing which far exceeds virtually any other high profile professional sport.

Lance Armstrong never failed a drugs test…

Pigface
    Free Member

He lost an absurd amount of weight to fight last night. Don’t think it was fixed though.

I am still a bit ambivalent about MMA two many out and out nutters involved.

nwill1
    Free Member

wanmankylung – you’ve answered the question…you know little of UFC. The guys are tough and it’s real right from grass roots MMA…in a sport where elite athletes train to cause maximum damage…sometimes folk will get knocked out quick (Connor has now had 4 in under 1 minute).

As for doping I’m sure there is a fair bit in the sport but highly doubt Connor is. Is certainly a world apart for cycling an the trying is some of the best in the world by all accounts.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

nwill – I know plenty about UFC and lots about martial arts in general. That was neither a knock out punch nor professional left ringcraft. It was a schoolboy error.

As for drugs – i’d like to see him tested for coke.

nwill1
    Free Member

Pigface – back 10-15 years ago there were a fair few nutter but genuine athletes now, true sportsmen with a lot more respect than the likes of overpaid idiot footballers! Many fighters are Olympians, true martial artists and highly intelligent people, Chuck Lidell was an Account!!

nwill1
    Free Member

Going back to the original point. Aldo was in a blind panic, couldn’t look at Connor, school boy error yes, may as well been me in there…dive…No.

Coke…who knows, doubt it Connor gets his hi’s from knocking the shit outta folk in front of 000’s of fans!

jimjam
    Free Member

wanmankylung

Lance Armstrong never failed a drugs test…

I’m failing to see how that’s relevant. Anyway I know you already know this since the depth of your knowledge on the subject is breathtaking but the USADA testing also includes legacy testing so blood and DNA samples will be stored in perpetuity and tested in the future to expose anyone cheating at present.

The fighters have been made painfully aware of this and the dire financial implications failing will have, now and in the future. There’s no way to know for certain until the results are out but going on past form it’s much more likely that some Brazilians will get busted.

wanmankylung

nwill – I know plenty about UFC and lots about martial arts in general.

As for drugs – i’d like to see him tested for coke.

He has been tested for coke, every time he’s fought in the UFC. Before the UFC implemented the USADA testing the Nevada State AC tested for PED’s and recreational drugs with severe fines and suspensions being meted out. McGregor has never tested positive, although numerous fighters have tested positive for cocaine and particularly marijuana, but I’m sure you knew all that since you know plenty. Apparently.

That was neither a knock out punch nor professional left ringcraft. It was a schoolboy error.

Aldo gets tagged as he’s advancing, by a fighter with serious knock out power. If you wish to test your self against McGregor it’s no secret where to find him. If you can do better then I suggest you get cracking, don’t let your talents go to waste.

revs1972
    Free Member

Wow, what a diiference a slow motion shot from that angle makes. Up until now I had only seen the full speed clip filmed on the other side which made you wonder if he had even hit him ! Clearly he did (assuming that is the same fight and I’m not being daft ?)

firestarter
    Free Member

Aldo didn’t know where he was for a good few minutes. He got caught properly. with a couple in the face for good measure while on the floor

jam-bo

That was neither a knock out punch nor professional left ringcraft. It was a schoolboy error.

think you need to put your money where your mouth is…

if you can take a shot like that to the jaw from a pro with 4oz gloves then I’ll donate £20 to charity 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

Looking at that slow motion, there’s not that much in it. If Aldo’s fist had landed a couple of inches lower they would be almost identical blows, and it could have ended up with them both sprawled on the floor.

peterfile
    Free Member

Looking at that slow motion, there’s not that much in it.

+1

Jeez…that replay….Aldo just fades a split second before he connects as the lights go out.

I have no real interest in UFC, but quite fancied watching a few rounds of those guys going at it, so was a little disappointed it was over so quickly.

nwill1
    Free Member

That’s why Aldo got knocked the f*#k out…he went all in, he was in a panic to get in knock Connor out and get out, big difference is Aldo was moving in…Connor was moving out, could have damaged Connor if it would have landed flush but like Connor said “accuracy & timing beat power & speed” Aldo was all in power and speed Connor went for accuracy and timing”.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Lolz at the suggestion their not juicing

ctk
    Free Member

Aldo properly effed it up. Mcgregor is unbelievable with his left hand- just looks at the chin and punches it hard makes everyone elses punches look like sprawling guesswork.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I’ve been watching a lot of MMA fighting of recent as some if it is not just street brawlers earning a crust but real athletes with superb martial arts skills. No one has yet mentioned that in Aldo connecting with his own punch on the way down actually split McGregors eye….if you look afterwards during the post fight interview you can clearly see it.
    Connors assessment was spot on……
    The fact I wanted to see him ass whooped was as disappointing as Tyson Fury winning 😆

nwill1
    Free Member

Suggsey – to right Aldo hit Connor hard…the sting was taken out by Aldo being tagged plus Connor was going back.

It goes back to what I said Aldo was scared and wanted a quick win…he wanted to do to Connor what Connor did to him in KO him and embarrass him. Got to take your hat off to Connor.

I take my hat off to Connor here’s what he had to say on his Facebook page…classy in victory…

Thank you for all the kind messages!
    I am extremely grateful and proud to be in the position I am in.

To the naked eye it was 13 seconds, but to my team and my family it has been a lifetime of work to get to that 13 seconds.

Congratulations to the staff at the UFC on a historic week in the sports history and an amazing 2015 for the company.
    It is an honor to be playing a part in this great companies continued growth and success and an honor to top off a phenomenal week in the sports history.

Thank you to all the fans who travelled and made this week what it was!!
    The traveling Irish are untouchable when it comes to creating the atmosphere needed to make a week like this what it was!!
    I am forever blown away by the support of my country. We have changed the game forever!!!

Respect to a great champion in Jose Aldo. The true greats will always overcome adversity.
    I wish him and his loyal team well on their journey back. Much respect.

Thank you all!!!

As for being juiced up…get over it just because road bike racing is full of noob head cheats not all sports are!

jambalaya
    Free Member

@jimjam thanks for the gif, proper size and quality 🙂

I am no UFC expert but Aldo’s come out swinging and charged right onto that left which is a high quality shot landed perfectly. Game over.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Talk the talk and walk the walk. Simply amazing from McGregor to back up his trash talking with a 13 sec ko of a fighter unbeaten in 10 yrs. You couldn’t write it.

BoardinBob

That was neither a knock out punch nor professional left ringcraft.

It’s one of the best check hooks I’ve ever seen, beaten only by Pacquiao’s KO of Hatton.

A very aggressive Aldo bullrushes McGregor. Aldo fakes with the right but McGregor is calm enough to parry it then throw a picture perfect check hook.

But aye, terrible ringcraft and not a knockout punch… 🙄

pondo

I thought Aldo gambled McGregor wasn’t prepared to take a punch to land one, and he lost the gamble.

I also thought Aldo looked like he didn’t want to be there before the fight.

jimjam
    Free Member

pondo

I thought Aldo gambled McGregor wasn’t prepared to take a punch to land one, and he lost the gamble.

I also thought Aldo looked like he didn’t want to be there before the fight.

If memory serves me Aldo looks at his feet during the ref’s instructions for almost every fight. So I don’t think that was much of a tell. Plenty of other fighters do it, Bas Rutten did it I think.

Take it with a pinch of salt but Conor Mcgregor actually described exactly what would happen five days before the fight saying he noticed Jose’s right hand twitching during one of the press conference staredowns, leading Mcgregor to believe Aldo would be too eager and overcommit with a right.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 441 total)

The topic ‘UFC Content – Did Aldo Take a Dive?’ is closed to new replies.