Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Two gigs in two nights
  • gozarch
    Free Member

Venturing out of my cough and cold-induced fug tomorrow and heading for Bristol. First time at the new SWX venue. It was Odyssey back in my student days, so hoping for better music and less of a meat market this time around!

Therapy? tomorrow night (second time this tour) followed by Earthtone9 and Pitchshifter on Wednesday. Not your average mid-week evenings 😀

What gigs have you lot got on the horizon?

Cougar

Therapy?  You bugger.  I’ve seen them a couple of times, never known three blokes make so much noise in all my born days, Slipknot take note.

I’ve got The Lancashire Hotpots and War of the Worlds in a week or two, Def Leppard at the end of the year and Terrorvision mid-next year.  Oh, and somewhat leftfield, Hue and Cry next year also.

Cougar

Also, right with you with the cold-induced fug.  How can one head contain so much snot?

Royston
    Free Member

I did two gigs in two nights recently

The Charlatans and Queens of the Stone Age both very good nights out especially the Charlatans

Interesting to hear/read that Therapy Terrorvision and Hue & Cry are all still going

DezB
    Free Member

Had Shame aupported by HMLTD on Fri. Stayed away from the mosh, still very good gig, not quite up there with Idles last month, but worth seeing em.

Duds supported by Squid first week Dec. Then a big gap til March.

Northwind

I missed THerapy? last week and can’t get down south for Pitchshifter, you fiend 🙁 But got Mogwai this week, the Wildhearts next month, **** Up and a couple of Frank Turners in January…

Then finally in March, I have 3 gigs in 3 nights and they’re all the Hold Steady, hot damn.

johndoh
    Free Member

Never done two in two nights, but once did two in three nights and at the same time bought two pet gerbils which I named Ozzy and Vince after band members.

So who did I see?

richardkennerley

Cast in December. It’s the Saturday before xmas, a greatest hits show, in Liverpool with a few mates we don’t see often enough. Should be a cracking night. Then white denim in feb and idles next year some time. There might be something else booked, but I can’t remember!

Cougar

Interesting to hear/read that Therapy Terrorvision and Hue & Cry are all still going

I think I’ve attended every “final time, honest” farewell tour that Terrorvision has ever done.  Which is quite a lot of gigs.

Cougar

So who did I see?

Sabbath and Crue?

gozarch
    Free Member

Therapy? are ‘my’ band. Lost count of the number of times I’ve seen them. Not loving the new album just yet, but it’s a grower. Their last album, Disquiet, was the best thing they’ve done in a long time. And live, they are always just awesome.

Never seen Pitchshifter before, or Earthtone9, so looking forward to checking them out.

Some good gigs lined up there, Cougar. Saw the Hotpots again at the 100 Club and they were entertaining as ever. Quite tempted by the Def Leppard tour, too. Best friend’s a huge Europe fan and I think they’re supporting somewhere.

Northwind – think I saw on Twitter today that Ginger’s been sectioned again 😕 Hope he’s ok for next month (and beyond, obvs).

Nothing else booked this year, and only one so far for next year: Steely Dan in Feb – husband’s choice, rather than mine!

Northwind

Poor bastard 🙁 At least he’s still got all his own legs.

slowbloke
    Free Member

Friday night it’s Tom Hingley (formerly of the Inspiral Carpets) supported by me DJing.

The following Friday is The Total Stone Roses in Plymouth

The following Friday is Flogging Molly supported by The Bronx and Lost in Stero in Bristol

rOcKeTdOg

kacey Musgraves & she makes war on consecutive nights. one big budget country star with 1000s in the audience & one indie/alt rock with literally 30 people watching. the small gig was so much better

Harry_the_Spider

Did The Pogues and  Happy Mondays/New Order on consecutive nights back in the day, when my liver could cope with such things.

llama

Hawkwind this weekend

wrightyson
    Free Member

Hotpots friday night was ace, rebooked them for march in derby, U me at 6 in December in sheff then Frank Turner in Brum in January.

The frank Turner gig does worry me somewhat as I think he’s gonna struggle to sell out the nia so it could well be lacking the atmosphere of say rock city where we’ve seen him before…

kennyp
    Free Member

At the end of this month I’ve the unusual combination of Half Man Half Biscuit on the Friday night followed by the RSNO on the Saturday night. One in Manchester and one in Glasgow.

freeagent
    Free Member

We saw Ed Sheeran followed by Katy Perry this summer on consecutive nights (settle down – both gigs were prezzies for my daughters birthday/Christmas)

Coming up i’ve got The Men They Couldn’t Hang next month in London (annual event – have been following then for 25 years) then tickets for C2C in March (Sunday night – Chris Stapleton)

We’ll probably try and get in a few more small gigs next year but no stadium shows planned.

johndoh
    Free Member

Sabbath and Crue?

Close…

IdleJon

The following Friday is Flogging Molly supported by The Bronx and Lost in Stero in Bristol

Flogging Molly. Ooooooooohhhhhh!!! I might have to go.

edit: sold out. 😔

IdleJon

Coming up i’ve got The Men They Couldn’t Hang next month in London (annual event – have been following then for 25 years)

I’m going to the Great British Folk Festival at Skegness Butlins because TMTCH are playing, along with a few of my favourite bands. I first saw them at their farewell gig at the Town and Country club in 91. 😁 You know they’ve got a new album out? (Really poorly advertised even on their own social media.)

simon_g

Did 3 in 3 in June (if Flight of the Conchords counts, then NIN, then Foo Fighters).

Just got tickets for the UNKLE show at Southbank centre in April.

jate
    Free Member

I’ve just done 11 in 15 days, which included two runs of three in a row and even one of four in a row (Darlingside in Manchester / Kacey Musgraves in Gateshead / Natalie Prass in Leeds / Sheku Kanneh-Mason in Ulverston).  Got Christine & The Queens in London tonight and then Courtney Barnett in Newcastle tomorrow night.

I think I may have got a bit carried away……

verses

Saw ‘A’ at the Norwich Waterfront last night, very enjoyable.  They were supported by one-hit-wonder Wheatus, who were much more entertaining than I expected them to be.

Feeling old and tired now…

bellerophon
    Free Member

Next year starting in January we have The Vaccines, Brian Fallon, Frank Turner and Midge Ure

daern
    Free Member

…and Terrorvision mid-next year…

Oooh, are they touring again? (*checks*) Awww, none round here and I’m too lazy to travel 🙁

Of course, if I ever want to say hello to Tony, him and his partner run a cafe down the road from us so we can pop in and say hello there instead. It’s slightly odd to be served tea and cake by a chap that was stuck to my bedroom wall when I was a student back in the 90s!

freeagent
    Free Member

I’m going to the Great British Folk Festival at Skegness Butlins because TMTCH are playing, along with a few of my favourite bands. I first saw them at their farewell gig at the Town and Country club in 91. 😁 You know they’ve got a new album out? (Really poorly advertised even on their own social media.)

I was at that gig in 1991 as well!

Lost count of the number of times we’ve seen them over the years, but it must be heading toward 30, if not more. I did know they’ve got a new album out (think it was funded via pledge) but not listened to it yet. They are a brilliant live band. The support act in London will be the Stone Mountain Sinners, who are also great.

IdleJon

I was at that gig in 1991 as well!

Was it you who invaded the stage? (Or were you one of the ten people left who didn’t? 🤣

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Courtney Barnett tonight in Glasgow.

swavis

Black Stone Cherry and Clutch in Glasgow next month, Avatar in January, then Stone Broken, Slash feat’ Myles Kennedy and Blue Oyster Cult in February. I’ve also got an indoor mini festival in Aberdeen on the 1st December so a few gigs coming up 😀

CountZero

Nothing much in the near future, shift work where every other week means I finish at 7.00pm, it’s fifteen miles back home, or roughly the same to Bath, twenty-odd to Bristol, so not really gig-friendly. I’ve done three gigs over four days in the past, most I did was thirty-nine in one year back in the 90’s.

Sadly life gets in the way a bit at the mo’.

Cougar

Saw ‘A’ at the Norwich Waterfront last night, very enjoyable. They were supported by one-hit-wonder Wheatus

A one-hit wonder supported by a one-hit wonder?  Inconceivable!  (-:

It’s slightly odd to be served tea and cake by a chap that was stuck to my bedroom wall when I was a student back in the 90s!

Last I heard, original drummer Shutty was selling interactive whiteboards.

Northwind

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>wrightyson
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

The frank Turner gig does worry me somewhat as I think he’s gonna struggle to sell out the nia so it could well be lacking the atmosphere of say rock city where we’ve seen him before…

Frank’s like Biffy, he can pretty much fill any space he wants to, it’ll be reet (though, I’m seeing him solo in a tent in dumfries on his “night off” from the main tour, so, nya.)

</div>

richardkennerley

Saw ‘A’ at the Norwich Waterfront last night, very enjoyable. They were supported by one-hit-wonder Wheatus

A one-hit wonder supported by a one-hit wonder?  Inconceivable!  (-:

Not sure A were even a one hit wonder were they!? Use to like them though, had “how ace are buildings” after seeing them support someone like The Foo’s or The Offspring years ago.

I did 3 in 3 once. Stayed two nights in Liverpool for the dead 60s one night and someone else the next (but can’t remember who!) Then went to Manchester and stayed over again to see the soledad brothers. Don’t know how I afforded that when I was younger, I couldn’t now

jekkyl

I have a sole ticket for the Shogun audio sampler night in Brum on 07/12, featuring Technimatic! DnB for those who have no clue what I’m talking about. 🙂

Digby

I used to ‘follow’ a few bands on tour back in the ’80s (Sisters, Mission, Ghost Dance, Salvation, NMA etc) so would frequently see the same band a few times the same week in various venues in the Midlands and the North (well everything from Leicester Princess.Charlotte to Newcastle Riverside)

Would probably require lots of travel to do that these days as bands don’t tour like they used to … and there just aren’t the same amount of small & medium venues any more.

I think the last time I saw the same artiste ‘on the bounce’ was PJ Harvey a few years ago – one night at Leeds Uni and then the next night at Nottingham Rock City.

Saw Slaves in Leeds on Monday night … really enjoyed them!

DezB
    Free Member

as bands don’t tour like they used to … and there just aren’t the same amount of small & medium venues any more

There are loads of small and medium venues and plenty of bands who tour them. All depends if you want to see new stuff (remember, like you used to), or all the old fogies you used to.

Broken Witt Rebels and Reef at Rescue Rooms in Notts in a couple of weeks. Not quite sure who’s supporting who, but BWR are great – sound a lot like Kings Of Leon when they were good and Reefs new stuff is sounding pretty bloody good

Cougar

Not sure A were even a one hit wonder were they!?

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment, but I could only name one track of theirs (“Nothing”) off the top of my head.

Wheatus OTOH are at least a two-hit wonder. (-:  Aside from the obvious, they also covered Erasure’s “A Little Respect” which did quite well if memory serves.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Two gigs in two nights’ is closed to new replies.