Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Turner flux axed?
  • sefton
    Free Member

has this been axed no longer on their website!

The last time I looked they seemed to be marketing it as a race frame. when I bought mine they seemed to market them as trail frames.

maybe 26″ race frames wont sell with 29ers now the choice if your racing

anyway sad news I think very capable frame ideal for the majority of UK riding

crofts2007
    Free Member

http://forums.mtbr.com/turner/farewell-turner-flux-818075.html

Guess you are referring to the above post?

I have a 2011 5spot and a 2005 Ellsworth Truth and was looking to replace the Truth frame with a large 2011 Flux, as I like the 5 so much, in many ways.

I figured the Flux would be the only way of keeping up with the local 29er gang at Sherwood pines!

Will the value of second hand increase due to the lesser availability? 🙂

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Bugger – I have a 2009 and it hasn’t broken yet – I will have to keep a lookout for one on ebay/sale for a spare, or change my forum name if it breaks 🙁

sefton
    Free Member

sell and 29er!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

sell and 29er!

650b surely?

but flux is great – so why change?

sefton
    Free Member

suppose its always been a great all rounder. goes against the grain (“you need 29er carbon to race, 140+ travel for trail, 160+ downhill” etc etc)??

maybe they’ll make a lighter version and pigeon hole it as ‘race’ then they have 5spot for trail and the other one for ploughing down shit.

dont think the non race lot want 100mm bikes, they want at least 120mm which is too close to the 5spot?

just guesses

organic355
    Free Member

I love my Flux, best bike Ive ever owned.

oh go on then…

sefton
    Free Member

nice how much does it weigh 25lb ish?

heres mine with sids

Bunnyhop

+1

jonnyrockymountain

Does anyone know weight of a medium Flux frame with shock??

organic355
    Free Member

No its not that heavy!!! its 24.7lbs! 😀 ..about 11.2kg according to my scales, grips are now ODi lockons and planning on getting a reverb at some point, just toying witht the idea of getting a stealth and using the hole in the bottom of the seattube, but it doesnt look big enough for a hose?

sefton
    Free Member

I just sold my dropper tomuch weight and mess – good on the trails though!

sefton
    Free Member

organic355
    Free Member

Does anyone know weight of a medium Flux frame with shock??

My medium/17″ 2011 is 2611g including mech hanger

organic355
    Free Member

wonder why Turner have never made a carbon frame?

Now a carbon 650b Flux, that would be the race machine for me!!

organic355
    Free Member

oh and should I be trying to source some bearings/bushings now for my flux or will these always be available/interchangeable between models?

wrecker
    Free Member

I think it’s been replaced by the (650B) new turner burner albeit with a little more travel. I reckon we’ll see the 5 spot go bigger travel again or perhaps disappear too. Maybe the mythical RFX will make a showing?

rexated
    Free Member

Now a carbon 650b Flux, that would be the race machine for me!!

yessss! just a 100mm travel but bigger wheels would make an excellent xc / trail bike. I’d be on it like a baby’s bonnet.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

+2

Until it started breaking. It’s a great handling trail bike. Not been out on mine since the repair, it’s freezing here so the trails will be good to test it out on.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Until it started breaking.

where did it break – what year is it?

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Hi,
    Yeah,fantastic little frame and can handle a little more than your typical XC machine.
    I have a 2011 for sale in the classifieds if anyone’s interested? 😉
    Unfortunately the big wheels have taken hold ,a carbon 29er Flux would suit me well!
    Thanx,
    Max

Frankers
    Free Member

Flux has been dropped as sales of 26er bikes with this travel are reduced in the US

Dave is now working on carbon 29er

Frankers
    Free Member

I love my TNT Flux too but the 29er bug has bit so I might get rid of it soon

sefton
    Free Member

cant be arsed with all this big wheel stuff, gonna bury head in sand. in fact building up a rigid ali xc frame for racing (with entry level components) 😛

will continue to use flux for long days out on the trails (considering the manxe2e ideal bike for it)

5spot
    Free Member

I’ve got a little used medium 2010 frame for sale,cheap!

hh45
    Free Member

I bought a replacement Flux large this summer and goes well in a typical Turner under stated way. Weighs 24.5 lbs with spd xtr peddles and 120 mm Fox forks.

Replacing bushings is a bit of a faff though so will try not to trash it in mud too much. I have a Soul for that.

convert

That doesn’t make much sense to me – just a big hole in the range now. The flux at 105mm and relatively traditional geometry was a great little do a bit of everything frame – great for long days, fine for xc/marathon/adventure race for someone not at the pointy end, but also a bit more capable for tougher stuff than your average xc bike. The 29er sultan with 125mm I suppose is the next closest thing for that sort of riding now. Burner and 5spot are league up in terms of rough stuff but a step too far to ride in competitive stuff imo. Shame. I’d consider a 29er Flux in the future if they ever made one I guess.

Woah, did someone say Turner are working on a carbon frame? I never thought Dave would make the transition. May have to consider trading in the Ibis. Is it true?

mudmonster
    Free Member

I love my Flux, it’s perfect for me. I do worry about the lack of a gusset a the bottom of the top tube though. Hopefully it won’t break for years to come.

Frankers
    Free Member

Yes DT has confirmed he’s working on 29er racy carbon FS

Carbon Turner with DW Link; that’s a potentially magic combination. Just keep the zerks.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

where did it break – what year is it?

I think it is a 2007.

First the rocker plates snapped

Then the frame snapped.

In both cases STW came to the rescue. Someone had a new set of unused upgraded rocker plates, and a kind offer of a ‘what have we got to loose’ welding repair saved the frame. This place is indeed awesome sometimes.

loddrik
    Free Member

Can’t help thinking that I’m running 150mm that I don’t think I need really, and that a Flux with 120mm forks would be the way to go….

Frankers
    Free Member

I have a TNT Flux with 120mm forks that may look at selling if anyone’s interested in

vinylspin
    Free Member

@mcmoonter – what did you use to weld that break?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

@mcmoonter – what did you use to weld that break?

Nobeerinthefridge made an internal sleeve from a steerer tube which realigned the tubes either side of the break. They drilled through the frame and welded to the sleeve the welded up the crack.

I’ve built the bike back up, but no had a chance to ride it yet.

pics here http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/turner-saved-from-the-scrapyard-cheers-nobeerinthefridge

loddrik
    Free Member

I’d only be interested in a DW model.

5spot
    Free Member

£560 little used medium 2010 frame.

rexated
    Free Member

Yes DT has confirmed he’s working on 29er racy carbon FS

Where’s he said that? It seems to be all shrouded in mystery over on the MTBR Turner forum where he posts regularly….

loddrik
    Free Member

In large

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Turner flux axed?’ is closed to new replies.