Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Tunes that you sing to yourself whilst cycling to work
  • Harry_the_Spider

My unseasonably warm ride in at 7:30 this morning was accompanied by

St. Jimmy – Greenday
    The Bear Necessities – Balou and Mowgli

What tunes couldn’t you shift from your head this morning?

yossarian
    Free Member

Theme song from Dad’s Army 🙂

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Ride home last night was accompanied by The Polices ‘synchronicity’, for some unfathomable reason.. 🙄

bristolbiker
    Free Member

French nursery rhymes – just don’t ask…… 😕

djglover
    Free Member

This morning I was bezzing it, singing Reptilia by the Strokes.

brooess
    Free Member

For years now, when I start out on a ride, that ‘Vindaloo’ song pops into my head…
    Dunno why.

mashiehood
    Free Member

Mumford and Sons stuck in my head this morning – arghhhh!

Harry_the_Spider

In Touching the Void Joe Simpson has a Boney M song in his head whilst crawling down a glacier with a broken leg. I don’t know which would be worse.

twinklydave

I had the Bare Necessities in my head yesterday, to day it was the theme from Thomas the Tank Engine

…which would be fine if I had kids and had overheard them watching said chldrens TV, but I don’t 😕

Harry_the_Spider

Bare Necessities has a nice cadence to it. It starts up in my head automatically with the climb up Victoria Avenue in Blackley.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ogQ0uge06o[/video]

druidh
    Free Member

Usually whatever was on the radio when I left the house….

nedrapier

Thanks to going throught some favourited-at-work-for-leisurely-perusal-later threads, I’ve had my last few rides accompanied by a song about a very large piece of earth moving machinery. Hopefully I’ll get something else soon!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpKAA2VxWY8[/video]

bikebouy
    Free Member

Jason Mraz’s Freedom Song..

mema
    Free Member

I had the kids rhyme ‘Each peach pear plum i spy tom thumb’ going through my head this morning.

finbar
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO1OV5B_JDw[/video]

I cannot shift this from my head at the moment. It’ll be overplayed and boring in a month or two, but right now i am loving it.

binners

No music. Just the usual voices willing me to get tooled up and ‘clean the streets’

derek_starship
    Free Member

LOL @ binners 😆

On my ride home last night, I had the theme tune to 1960/70s sitcom Bewitched going on in my head. Where that came from – I have no clue.

I normally`speak French when riding – just to keep my eye in with the language. Weird I know.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohh yeah I watched Joules last night and that Lana Girl was actually rather good..

DezB
    Free Member

I cannot shift this from my head at the moment. It’ll be overplayed and boring in a month or two, but right now i am loving it.

My work is done 🙂

Music in my head while riding to work? Whatever’s on my iPod.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

I suffer from the chorus of Hall and Oates ‘Out of Touch’ going repeatedly in my head when i ride tempo

You’re out of touch
    I’m out of time
    But I’m out of my head when you’re not around
    (repeat)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig0NVMVdmoA[/video]

I’ve never liked the song and I dont know any other words of the song. But that chorus can go on in my head for hours at a time. I dont know if this is driving me nuts, or merely a sympton of being nuts.

MrBlond
    Free Member

Don’t sing to myself, but sometimes hear the theme to The Muppet Show in my head (e.g. on the first sunny day of the year when suddenly lots of people in hi viz altura jackets decide to learn how to ride a bike on the road)

philconsequence
    Free Member

i heard a dubstep remix of Bare Necessities the other day, i might have to find it now!

derekrides
    Free Member

Rah, rah, ah, ah, ah,
    Roma, roma, ma
    Gaga, ooh la, la
    Don’t want to sing this bad song…

MSP

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo[/video]

toby1

This morning – Curl of the Burl – Mastodon, despite the last song on the radio being by White Demin!

AdamW
    Free Member

Usually the Muppet’s ‘manahmanah’ song. I have no idea why.

seanoc
    Free Member

Mae Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau

My daughter thinks slightly less of me for not being able to sing it; so I’m practicing.

canibearaindogtoo
    Free Member

On the rare occasions that I get my mrs out on a bike (we try to go for at least one tour a year) her getting-up-hills song is Wooden Heart. Fits the pedal strokes nicely she says.

allthepies
    Free Member

It’s been “Nobody does it better” from The Spy Who Loved Me this week, WTF!

thomthumb
    Free Member

I had the kids rhyme ‘Each peach pear plum i spy tom thumb’ going through my head this morning.

😯

Rickos
    Free Member

What tune for climbing up The Bitch later on?

Beats what tyres for… any day.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’d suggest “Rah Rah Rasputin, Russias Greatest Love Machine” By Boney M..

That oughta get you up anything..

DaRC_L

Quite often it’s Bowie’s “I have not been to Oxford Town”

Although for tough hills I often ending up counting,
    interspersed with the Muppets Count saying “I am the Count….”.

Pigface
    Free Member

Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond it is an earworm that wont go away

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Cheers Pigface. Not even finished work yet and whistling it already! 👿

TimP
    Free Member

I had the iPod on shuffle with 4000 odd songs ended up with Mickey twice in 1hr going up the 2 big hills on my ride the other day

Hey Mickey, you’re so fine, your’re so fine you blow my mind hey Mickey, hey Mickey….

I ride without my iPod now

finbar
    Free Member

My work is done

You can’t take the credit i’m afraid, i heard it for the first time on Fearne Cotton’s R1 show the other day.

Harry_the_Spider

Hey Mickey, you’re so fine, your’re so fine you blow my mind hey Mickey, hey Mickey….

I may use that tomorrow. There are 2 minutes of steep hill suffering on the commute home that could do with a fresh tune.

senorj

for some reason I always sing Dollar Bill by the Screaming Trees
    whilst spinning a long climb away , that and Anarchy in the UK. 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Tunes that you sing to yourself whilst cycling to work’ is closed to new replies.