Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tumble Dryer Fixing
  • richardk
    Free Member

Trying to fix my old Tricity Bendix tumble dryer…  It only works when the start button is held in, as soon as you let it go then it stops working.  I’ve replaced the start switch, and am now looking at replacing the capacitor.

Anyone have experience of these or other tumble dryers to say if this is the right path or not?

Condenser dryer type, tank is empty, door catch works, no obvious loose connections.

globalti
    Free Member

You need the Haynes washer and dryer repair manual. Borrow it from a library.

drnosh
    Free Member

Switch not latching?

Can you ‘hot wire’ it to test (remove connections on back of switch and join together respective connections).

TheBrick
    Free Member

If you have done the switch and are on to a cap (I guess you are on about an electrolytic cap on a board ,not a motor start cap) it sounds like you are on the right track. Not to much to change on a old tumble dryer!

TheBrick
    Free Member

P.s. I am assuming the switch is a NO / push to make non latching switch so there will be a combo of a probably a cap and a transistor to latch the power on a board.

richardk
    Free Member

Hmmm – good point, if the motor is starting then its not the main motor start cap.  There must be a reason why the power isn’t latching – I have replaced the switch (non latching type) so I’ll see what i can find near the switch that looks burned out.  Thanks for advice so far.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tumble Dryer Fixing’ is closed to new replies.