Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tumble Drier Information
  • tarquin
    Free Member

Hi,

Looking at getting a tumble drier, the Vented driers are around 1/3rd the price of the condenser ones.

Would I be OK to put a vented drier in the garage, with it just venting out into the garage?

Its a single car brick garage with roller front door and wooden rear door. I don’t store the car in there as its a manual roller so too much of a pain when you want to get the car out. It’s a rented house so I can’t start drilling holes into things.

I have checked online and some places say its OK and some places say its a no no. Generally its pretty hot/dry here, but now and again we have heavy rain for a few days. I’ll still line dry where possible, but if needed I’ll be using the tumbler.

Thanks!

wwaswas

it’ll all condense over every cold surface in the garage so I wouldn’t.

as it’s reneted and you may move on a condenser one would give more flexibility for the future?

tarquin
    Free Member

it’ll all condense over every cold surface in the garage so I wouldn’t.

I’m in Australia so we don’t have “cold” surfaces like in the UK.

Would putting a vent hose out of the back door be a suitable solution while its being used?

Dobbo

I’m in Australia so we don’t have “cold” surfaces like in the UK.

B@rstard 🙁

wwaswas

would probably be ok as long as the prevailing wind wasn’t blowing it straight back in – a lot of people just push the hoses out of a window/cat-flap.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tumble Drier Information’ is closed to new replies.