Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Trimming nose hair
  • Xylene
    Free Member

Mrs Q commented that my nose hair was too long yesterday and maybe I should cut it.

I’ve never cut it before, and was thankful to remember my beard trimmer had a nose hair attachment which tickled a lot.

How often should I trim my nose hair, and is it a bit like shaving your balls, in that if you do it once, you have to keep doing it because it itches so much?

bearnecessities
    Free Member

NTFU. Grab & pull.

cynic-al
    Free Member

As above – real men pluck (then cry).

Wait tip your eyebrows go berserk.

Rockape63
    Free Member

As above – real men pluck (then cry).

Yup 8)

Xylene
    Free Member

Plucking would have taken hours, it would appear a small jungle had erupted out of both nostrils since I last looked in the mirror two weeks ago.

Is there a growth calculation relating to age I can carry out to work out how much they will grow and set a reminder in my filofax to trim them?

DezB
    Free Member

Indeed. I always pluck mine during particularly stressful moments in rugby matches. My son tells me off.
    I’ve also noticed I pluck my ear hairs when I’m stressed by driving. Better than picking bogies I suppose.

DezB
    Free Member

Is there a growth calculation relating to age

No mirrors in your gaff then?

Xylene
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/SVb10VJnlvw?t=532[/video]

8:56 for about 60s

ads678

Plucking would have taken hours

You don’t do it all at once, plucking nose hair is a continual thing done from the mid thirties onwards.

Xylene
    Free Member

^ So I should have started plucking 18 months ago, and it wouldn’t have grown so much

Cougar

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tweezerman-Stainless-Steel-Slant-Tweezer/dp/B00GWG6QDQ

Alternatively, a lad I used to know used to deal with his olfactory foliage by snorting matches.

z1ppy

sad to say I ended up spending £12 on a decent pair of tweezers (missus kept hiding her’s when she found what I used them for), so that you don’t get any ‘misfires’ when pulling the buggers out.

EDIT: That’s them there ^^^ Tweezerman FTW! 😳

ads678

It’ll still grow, but you just continually keep it in check for the rest of your life!!

You even stop crying after a year or two.

perchypanther
    Free Member

real men pluck (then sneeze uncontrollably for 15 minutes because each hair is hard wired directly to your brain)

DickBarton

Pliers…needle-nose are best

stumpy01

I’m pretty sure your nostril hairs are just the other end of your eyebrow hairs (assessing length of plucked nostril hairs tends to confirm this).
    If you pluck them, you will lose all your eyebrows.

I just give mine the occasional trim with one of those ‘old man hair trimmers’.

Rockplough
    Free Member

I get the missus in there with some dainty scissors. Quite enjoy it actually.

Although if I notice a solitary ‘big boy’ then I yank it out by hand. No tools.

sandwicheater

You even stop crying after a year or two.

That means your dead inside. You should never stop crying.

My barber does mine. All except the odd stray which my wife seems to enjoy taking a yank at. More I think to see me wince.

loddrik
    Free Member

Do mine every few months. Use a battery powered clipper. It’s not like I’m Dennis Healey but it is irritating if left unchecked.

I’m sure it’s my body’s way of apologising for letting me go bald on my head.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Nads

linky

we had a few giggles the other week at work with this….not all that painful and a surprising amount of hair removed!

allthegear
    Free Member

Rachel

cheekyget
    Free Member

I use a chainsaw…lol

allfankledup

Our Turkish Barber offers free nose waxing

I don’t think I’m ready to venture that far yet

FuzzyWuzzy

Screw plucking them, I just use a cheap circular-headed trimmer thing, no pain at all (never catches the skin etc.). Need to do it every couple of weeks but takes 5 minutes.

Xylene
    Free Member

^ That is what I used, but it was an attachment – it tickled and made me feel funny.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Time to grow a beard and hope no one notices your nose hair mingling.

teasel
    Free Member

it tickled and made me feel funny.

You know it’s for inserting in your nose, right…?

Xylene
    Free Member

^ I thought it smelled a bit like poo

Pz_Steve

sandwicheater – Member

…My barber does mine….

I was observing to my barber how he used to ask if I wanted “something for the weekend, sir?” whereas now it’s “shall I do your eyebrows and ears, too?”

OP – just start plucking. Give it a few years and you get past the crying stage.

core

Wasn’t there some myth going around a few years ago that plucking nose hair was bad for you, or some bacteria would get in the follicles or something?

In any case, nothing more irritating than when one gets a bit long and you can suddenly feel it just starting to curl under the septum, but it’s not long enough to yank out!

Only 27 here, not a particularly hairy person, but nose, ear and eyebrow trimming are insisted upon by the other half now……..

matt_outandabout

Don’t pluck with abandon – ingrown hair in the nose cavity. 😯

steve-g
    Free Member

Oh the memories

I currently use the pinch, breath in, breath out, relax, achieving a zen like start of relaxation before plucking them out sharply technique, however I used to have a circular trimmer electric thing on a shaver attachment. Anyway when that got lost in a house move I was tempted by a cheapy version of just the nose hair trimmer from some market stall whilst out window shopping with Mrs-g. Anyway, after a few minutes of me waxing lyrical about how amazing these nose hair trimmers are and how I used to have one we got home and I put a battery in and fired it up, its making that high pitched whirring sound as I insert it into nostril A, however, instead of the satistifying sound of hairs been chopped, instead I hear the slowing of the whirring sound that indicates that the cheapy thing I have just bought is not quite as high powered or sharp as it needs to be and is currently slowing down as it becomes entwined in still attached nose hairs. Mrs-g sees the panic in my eyes and immediately bursts into fits of laughter, while i slowly come to the realisation that there is only one way out of this situation and its going to hurt.

Now I pluck

imnotverygood

Get it waxed. Be a Real Man

twinw4ll
    Free Member

I would rather saw my arm off with blunt rusty saw than pluck a nasal hair, far less painful.

jimjam
    Free Member
    Cougar

Oh the memories

I once did that on my chin with an electric shaver. I can about imagine how a nasal jamming must’ve felt.

19ninety
    Free Member

Didnt read rest of thread.

Tried a trimmer once, spent the next week with an itchy annoying nose as the hair grew back.

Tweezers & pluck!

toys19
    Free Member

I use a round nosed scissors designed for this, a quick Edward Scissorhands random chop once a week keeps me trim.

Tinners

PSA for those with an inqusitive mind. Don’t try the “sniff a lighter flame” method. The hit of agonising pain is instant (and, strangely, felt in the back of the throat as well) and when you eventually stop sneezing (hours, not minutes), you’ll notice a browny/red liquid with little black charcoaly bits seeping from the affected nostril. I’m not sure what sort of primitive threat has led to the body to evolve by simultaneous eye watering and every sphincter snapping shut in unison the instant the flame touches nostril lining either, but you can look forward to that as well.

badllama
    Free Member

What jimjam said been using it for a year or two now ears are worse than nose with me TBH 😕

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Trimming nose hair’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM