Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Tredz.co.uk – have you bought a bike from them?
  • rhayter

Thinking of buying from Tredz as their interest-free finance is the very generous. Anybody had a problem with them? Or are they helpful, responsive and understanding if you have a return?

g5604
    Free Member

Gave up on them, twice bought in stock items only to be told days later would be weeks to wait. Still kept the items as in stock on the website.

carlphillips
    Free Member

Do a search on here, lots of comments as above regarding stock showing in stock, so you place the order and then receive email about no stock and can you wait for the item…

treklee
    Free Member

I must’ve been the lucky one, ordered a road bike and shoes bibs and all other of things and was delivered promptly without the dreaded email.

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Ordered a bike. Turned up 2 months before the expected date. It did however come with a slightly different spec from the advertised spec. They gave me a generous gift voucher to compensate.

Although the transaction was ok. I did get the feeling that they didn’t really know what was going on whenever I spoke to them

Mascy
    Free Member

No problems here; I recently bought a heavily discounted Cannondale rrp £5k bought on the same interest free deal for £3k. Most expensive bike I’ve ever bought with my own money, was pleasantly surprised by the whole experience. The V12 Finance piece was pretty straightforward, Tredz built & shipped the thing in the biggest cardboard box I’ve ever seen in my life & was with me in a couple of days from order. Almost too easy.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I believe Jamie off here is a regular and loyal Tredz/Wheelies customer.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I believe Jamie off here is a regular and loyal Tredz/Wheelies customer.

Stoner
    Free Member

Jamie, earlier:

medoramas
    Free Member

It’s really weird – their Customer Service seems very professional and whilst dealing with them over the phone I had very nice experience.

But then when I placed the order for a bike on-line (it was “in stock” and “delivery 3-5 days”) after waiting a week and phoning them up I was informed the bike was not available yet for the next 2.5 months! If I didn’t phone I would be waiting forever… That was upsetting.

However then the guy patiently was giving me a list of the bikes he could confirm were in stock and I could change my order without any problems. After that I received a bike next day.

Therefore I can say: great shop to deal over the phone.

riddoch

Most of the complaints about tredz is that they claim stock on hand but actually get it in from distrubuters. For a full bike almost all retailers are going to do that anyway.

chakaping
    Free Member

Anybody had a problem with them? Or are they helpful, responsive and understanding if you have a return?

Several problems – and they were the worst people I’ve ever dealt with for resolving (or not) warranty issues.

Repeatedly had to chase them after they fail to call back as promised, and they repeatedly just let the matter drop until pushed.

And I’m not the only one, if you Google for tredz/wheelies and “singletrack” you will find plenty of similar tales.

I think they honestly don’t give a toss about customer service, possibly due to the big profit they get from bike theft via their Wheelies brand.

Jamie
    Free Member

I believe Jamie off here would like to be a is a regular and loyal Tredz/Wheelies customer.

FTFY.

devash
    Free Member

I can second chakaping’s warranty issues. I wouldn’t order anything from them again.

cheney
    Free Member

Similar issues..Went in store for a light that was supposed to be in stock, they couldn’t find said light down to the fact the staff there at the time only worked weekends.

Ordered light online to have an email a few days later saying it would be out of stock until next year.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Tredz.co.uk – have you bought a bike from them?’ is closed to new replies.