Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Trapdoor….
  • perchypanther
    Free Member

When you come to sell it in future, please leave a plastic skeleton down there…

….and a medal that says “Hide and Seek Champion 1948”

piemonster

Neighbours have some Victorian fancy pants grade 1 listed building with water tanks underneath their front doors filled by specially designed roof drainage.

Don’t reckon it’s that, probably just your normal subterranean Pet Cemetery.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Run and hide in the woodshed – you’ll be safe there …

No, it’s upstairs, run upstairs, you’ll be safe upstairs. Preferrably hide in a wardrobe too, safest place ever.

pondo

I have a theme tune ear worming. 🙁

when you do get the screws out, use them to fit the smoke alarm

Outstanding! 🙂

We have a trapdoor into mebbe four feet of space under our living room – had it redone last year and cracked the trap open, loads and loads of empty glass jars down there, jam jars, pickled onion jars and the like. Odd to think they were pmaced there for a purpose long since lost.

Still there, if anyone needs one.

RustySpanner

If you find a kite down there…

MoreCashThanDash

It’s quite a few hours since we heard from the OP…..?

Makes you think

funkmasterp

A fruit cellar? Check for a copy of the Necromonicon when you finally get it open. Remember to take a boomstick down there with you though.

wwaswas

Oubliette I reckon.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

They only moved the head stones……

convert

My parents bought a massive old rambling house when I was a kid. Not quite a ruin but getting there. In its heyday it would have been a monster thing with servants. The loft (accessed by a narrow staircase off the main staircase behind a hidden panel) was laid out like the servants rooms and as kids we spent half our lives playing in there. One day we knocked a hole in the wall mucking about and peered in to find another wall complete with wall paper a couple of foot further back. We eventually got enough courage, opened up the hole and got our ever ready bike lights and climbed in and crawled around between the walls. After about 30 foot our torches found a bigger cavity. We crept in to find a hidden closed up room with a fire place, rocking chair, a big table and a bed and in the corner…….a shadowy figure. Well, it turned out to be a tailor’s dummy but that point I had literally shat myself rigid so it could have been anything!

funkmasterp

Seriously now guy’s where is the OP? 😐

maxtorque

DT78 – Screwdriver on charge

Seriously, WTF! I bet you’ve got an Ebike too you pervert! 😉

pondo

Seriously now guy’s where is the OP?

Facing a corner, I fear, with a shaky black and white camera on him. 🙁

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Oubliette I reckon.

Hey! That reminds me, I’ve got one of those!

st

The suspense………..

newrobdob
    Free Member

OP last night while we were all in bed…

twicewithchips
    Free Member

Oubliette I reckon.

Have you been watching The 39 Steps?

DT78
    Free Member

Lol. Apologies I was distracted by virgin not being able to connect me until the 7th (should have stuck him down there) followed by finishing off building my asgard and locking myself in the garage with the wrong key….and waiting for the wife to get me out. Still, sorted out that puncture I’d been meaning to for ages.

Exploring is on the list today, after I tackle a leaky tap and sort a door handle out….I’ll make sure I’m armed with the hedge trimmer

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Just admit it, you’re scared and putting off opening it 😆

funkmasterp

locking myself in the garage

You need to start referring to it as the woodshed to keep the Evil Dead vibe going. Good luck 😉

lapierrelady

Terraced House? We have a trap door behind the front door. It’s where the stop tap is for the mains water. But the previous owner/s didn’t know that so installed an ingenious system of brass taps around the house. As soon as we tried to turn the original stop tap after un burying it, it snapped off- because it was 100 year old lead. Fun times.

jon1973
    Free Member

When you come to sell it in future, please leave a plastic skeleton down there

Dress it up as a postman.

DT78
    Free Member

Argh screws out still can’t shift it.

wwaswas

still can’t shift it.

Definitely a dread portal.

You need to speak friend and enter.

joebristol

It’s killing me not knowing what’s under the trapdoor.

daftvader
    Free Member

Cant shift eh??? That’ll be the thing living behind it holding it shut!!!

DT78
    Free Member

Well it turns out it was also nailed down so a bit of force with a crowbar did it. Very odd space, about the size of a person seemingly no way to crawl about. No scratch marks I could make out on the lid. I did find treasure and a skeleton.

If I email the pics to someone can you put them up? Can only just work it out on the pc at the best of times and I’ve only got my phone.

Sorry no deadites or evil ash.

wwaswas

Winter solstice was 2 hours ago – I bet it was stuffed full of pagan gods then.

mcj78
    Free Member

I’ve got a cellar in my house – decent size but full of old paint tins and other crap, never thought about a comedy plastic skeleton until reading this thread but am now perusing them on ebay 😆

This would look good dumped in the corner – a full one might be too obvious

glenh
    Free Member

DT78 – Member
    If I email the pics to someone can you put them up? Can only just work it out on the pc at the best of times and I’ve only got my phone.

Is it an Android phone?
    If so, go here: https://photos.google.com/
    find your photo and click ‘share’ (dot-triangle thing in the top right).
    I imagine you can do something similar with iPhone/iCloud maybe

newrobdob
    Free Member

Not during daylight hours, obvs!!!

Just wait until midnight….

arrpee
    Free Member

It puts the lotion in the basket.

newrobdob
    Free Member

IT PUTS THE LOTION IN THE BASKET!!!!!!

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Trapdoor….’ is closed to new replies.