Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • iOS10, WhatsApp and replying from the lock screen
  • Shackleton

Wife has just upgraded to iOS10 and it appears that you can reply to notifications from the lock screen without needing to unlock. Seems to defeat the point to be honest.

Does anybody know how to disable this “feature”, particularly for WhatsApp, ideally so that there is no option to view or reply to the message without unlocking? i.e. you get the notification, you get alerted, but you have to unlock to actually do anything with the message.

Cheers,

S

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes you can disable it, I did it for everything as you say otherwise why have security. I posted a how to video here let me find it again …

EDIT there are other things you may wish to change too

[video]http://youtu.be/z6_egn_Hkus[/video]

Shackleton

Will give that a whirl. Thanks very much.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Shackleton

Right, tried all that but doesn’t seem to stop the ability to reply from the lock screen. Does anybody have any other suggestions?

Shackleton

That works for Messages (as in the texting app) but not for whatsapp……

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes it does. I get notifications if I wish (set app by app) but no reply ability. Turn off all the lock screen widgets as per the video

Settings>toich id and passcode>today view= off

Shackleton

Maybe it works on your device but on my wife’s 6 it doesn’t. Have tried multiple times with and without hard resets but whatsapp is resistant to it. Works fine for Messages. May have to reinstall it and see if that helps.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Hum strange …. we use whatsapp too

torsoinalake
    Free Member

It’ll be an app setting in WhatsApp then. I don’t have an iPhone to hand but:

https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/iphone/20950116

Shackleton

I think I’ve tried every combination of all of those settings and it seems to only be Whatsapp that causes problems. Will have to try reinstalling it……..I bloody hate all this tech……..I’m going back to carrier pidgeons.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Just checked. I have notifcations for whatapp switch on (sounds, banners, app icon) but “show in lockscreen” is off – settings>notification>whatsapp so maybe that’s what is driving it

Shackleton

Ta, I will see if that works later.

Does that mean that you don’t see notifications on the lock screen though?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Just tested it and no we don’t see a lockscreen notification but we hear the “ding” as sound notification is on.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Stuff that works from the lock screen is infuriating.
    Went looking on the photo library on my phone for something the other day only to find 300 photos of the inside of my pocket……..

jambalaya
    Free Member

^^^ agreed thats why I switched it all off

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘iOS10, WhatsApp and replying from the lock screen’ is closed to new replies.