Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Transatlantic Flights – Price?
  • ebygomm
    Free Member

Been looking at flights to the States/Canada (West Coast) so Seattle, Vancouver, San Francisco etc. for June.

They seem really expensive at the moment (£700ish), I’ve always flown earlier or later in the year in the past and paid about half that. Is that just the going sort of rate these days or is it the time of year?

I notice a lot of the offers are only available until May 31, is that likely because they don’t do offers during the June period or maybe just too early for those to be published yet?

molgrips
    Free Member

We just looked for August to the Mid West and it was surprisingly expensive also. Dunno what’s going on.. fuel prices probly.

How far in advance to airlines have to buy fuel?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yep – silly prices these days apparently. We are meant to be flying to LA next year for a big family birthday (brother in law lives out there).

Trying to save for it already – gonna be best part of £4k on flights alone which is, to be frank, loopy.

phinbob

Yup, just paid nearly 4k for flights (4 of us into Seattle out of San Fran).

I hope for your sake that they go down but I will be gutted if they do!

STL

Yes,

They are kind of nuts at the moment. I know I got a graet deal flying the other direction (midwest to the UK) for $700 at Christmas, but $1500 for July is insane. Wish I had more air miles or could travel later or earlier. Prices don’t seem to have been moving much over the last month or so. If anything they seem to be trending up a bit.

Grrrr.

STL

molgrips
    Free Member

Don’t book too far in advance.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Boyfriend is going out to Seattle and work are paying and thought we might be able to extend it into a holiday without huge expense but doesn’t appear to be the case.

My mum has recently bought flights to Oz for £800 so was expecting usa flights to be a bit cheaper

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Canadian Affair for flights to Canada? http://www.canadianaffair.com/
    Normally much cheaper than BA etc.

midlifecrashes

Summer prices to Seattle sometimes drop around Easter in BA sales, might be worth waiting a bit, but maybe not if BA is still only carrier. Seattle has always been a bit dearer because of this. Get a window seat though, views over the Arctic are worth the fare alone.

ebygomm
    Free Member

I’ve looked on Canadian affair and although their offers look great and are on the dates I’m searching on the tickets available are equally as expensive as other carriers. Is there a calendar view or similar for finding the cheap seats?

Oh, and not fussed about direct flights only.

plumber
    Free Member

I’ve used canadian affairs many time to get to Calgary – return wsas £350 at Christmas but I can be very flexible with dates so that helps

rkk01
    Free Member

Ohh, yeah – silly prices… that’s about the same as an away day return to London with a drink and a sarnie from the buffet car 👿

ebygomm
    Free Member

Looks like I’ll just have to keep an eye on the prices

Just noticed that American Airlines no longer have their flights on expedia and the like so will have to check there too.

T1000
    Free Member

have a look at iceland express, prices are good but with any budget airline the times + conections can be a problem…..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Transatlantic Flights – Price?’ is closed to new replies.