Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • training routines on a windtrainer?
  • stevego
    Free Member

I’ve gone and broken my thumb, the doc has told me no mountain biking till it is healed and recommended against road-riding, so in the interim I’ve gone and bought a wind trainer. I’ve got a 24 hr to do as a pair with a fairly competitive mate and want to be able to do similar lap times which means doing something for the next 5-6 weeks while I’ve got a splint on.
    Any suggestions for training routines using the wind trainer? I’ve never used one as they look boring as all hell and I have a very low boredom threshold.

eskay

I’ve never used one as they look boring as all hell and I have a very low boredom threshold.

You are going to struggle then!!

SimonR

After breaking a collar bone I was looking for something similar. I found a few useful (simple!) ideas here ….

http://www.bikeradar.com/fitness/article/fitness-basics-turbo-training-24170/

and here ….

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/fitness/article/turbo-trainer-workouts-for-all-seasons-34657/

Looks like you can get a useful workout in as little as 40 mins – one of the best tips I found was to vary the effort throughout the session following a schedule (even if you’re not doing hard intervals). That breaks the wourkout into smaller chunks to help alleviate the boredom.

stevego
    Free Member

Thanks Simon, will have a look and give them a go.

monkeychild
    Free Member

You need Sufferfest in your life 🙂

Rubber_Buccaneer

1. Sufferfest videos help get through the tedium of a turbo session
    2. TrainerRoad. If you have a laptop and HRM this sort of ‘effort gauge’ with plans is my favourite. Can be paired with Sufferfest.
    3. Music. Get through a boring session one track at a time whilst your penis goes numb.

That’s the best I can offer 🙁

stevego
    Free Member

Cheers, Hopefully they’ll make it more bearable.

Shred
    Free Member

TrainerRoad for me, plus the odd Sufferfest.

beaker

I have a couple of MTB films to watch as I train. I find it helps.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘training routines on a windtrainer?’ is closed to new replies.