Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Trails or Routes in Southern Ireland??
  • jockmcallister
    Free Member

Heading back to North Antrim in a couple of weeks but will be doing a tour down south to wherever takes my fancy. Anybody recommend any trail centres or good XC routes down the West Coast at all????

cheers

john

sssimon
    Free Member

not been down yet but http://www.ballyhouramtb.com gets good feedback. Have you been to ballinastoe or Djouce? wrong coast I know but hand to get to from the north (2 hours from belfast on a good day so maybe 3 from north coast)

jockmcallister
    Free Member

Ballyhoura- yeah saw some pics of an adventure race there at the weekend. It's not far from Cork, bit of a drive but i'm open to all options.

smogmonster

Aye, Ballyhoura is alright – not as good as the 7 Stanes or Dalby, bit dull in places, but some nice singletrack, plenty of climbing, and a fair bit of boardwalk type stuff over the boggy bits. Be warned though, the longer loops are just that, long, and pretty tiring. I think MBUK have a feature on it this month. There are a couple of shorter routes up near Galway as well IIRC. Check out the Coillte Forestry website.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Trails or Routes in Southern Ireland??’ is closed to new replies.