Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Trail taxi Manchester?
  • ratherbeintobago

Anyone able to help with this one?

I’m trying to find someone who does a ‘trail taxi’ service in Manchester (minibus & trailer, like the old Glentress Bike Bus).

Does anyone do such a thing or know of any alternatives?

Thanks,

Andy

sarawak
    Free Member

Lots of airport transfer companies use mini buses with trailers. Trailers are normally filled with suitcases but should easily hold bikes.

ratherbeintobago

Not sure.

I was hoping for something a bit more purpose-designed; essentially have been roped into organising a charity bike ride and need to get the participants and their bikes back from the destination.

I know there are/have been companies doing this sort of thing, and some clubs might have a suitable trailer we could hire, I guess?

tjagain

Try to contact whoever organises outdoor education in the area. I know in Edinburgh the outdoor education people have access to bike trailers

nixie

I think there is someone in Liverpool that does it. I’m sure that’s where the driver was from on a guiding riding trip I did.

jimplops

Try some of the scout groups, some of them have bike trailers.

ratherbeintobago

I think there is someone in Liverpool that does it. I’m sure that’s where the driver was from on a guiding riding trip I did.

This would be ideal – anyone any more thoughts?

I’ll have a look at the councils in the meantime.

globalti
    Free Member

If it’s for a charity you might be able to persuade Dave Peel at Oakhill School in Whalley to lend or hire you the school’s very large bike trailer. He uses it a lot for the school’s charidee bike rides. He might even be able to set you up with a minibus and driver if you ask very nicely indeed.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Trail taxi Manchester?’ is closed to new replies.