Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Trail Footage from Afan and Swinley
  • forge197
    Free Member

Took some footage from a Wet Wales this week and dry Swinley, best watched in HQ.

Afan Penhydd and The Wall

Swinley Forest

kbsa
    Free Member

thanks for posting them. very natural look to it somehow – makes me feel like i’m there 🙂

forge197
    Free Member

thanks, wish I was there today it would have been dry in Wales!!

djglover
    Free Member

Technical Gully appears to be neither?

forge197
    Free Member

I have no idea what that bit is actually called and it was wet and rooty both down and up so was a slightly more techincal than normal and gully by virtue that it went down one side and up the other, though it may not have been formed by running water so technically speaking is the wrong use of words 🙂

fu_manchu
    Free Member

Glad my off has “just” been missed in that one vid, so you just get to see me stylishly lounging in the roots 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Bimbo question 😳 How do I get HQ?

forge197
    Free Member

It looked comfy too 🙂

forge197
    Free Member

There is a little HQ button on the bottom of the you tube viewer window

cinnamon_girl

Thanks forge, managed to find that button but video still gets “stuck”.

forge197
    Free Member

I can only get it not to be “stuck” if the only browser window open is youtube more than one and it’s really bad 🙁

cinnamon_girl

forge – girlies multi-task!! Shall give it a go later. Thanks.

atlaz
    Free Member

Have they cut some of the trees out from the top of the hill or was it just really bright?

forge197
    Free Member

The only place I noticed forestry works was over by the Corkscrew area but not on the Corkscrew itself.

flamejob
    Free Member

Weird… your Tank Traps trail is different to ours!

One thing about keeping it interesting; maybe try and keep someone in front?

forge197
    Free Member

I love the fact that everyone names parts of Swinley different things 🙂

I started some with people in front then I ran out of puff so they got away, in Wales it was tricky as there was no one around and had gone “solo” for the day.

flamejob
    Free Member

I always thought the Tank Traps ended where you went through some large (octagonal?) concrete things and out to a fireroad near a concrete star point?

I like yours though and have never ridden that trail… where is it?

Thanks for the vids BTW

PS if you see me on a Brown ‘Bitch’ with 36s give me a yell!

atlaz
    Free Member

flamejob – I think that counts as part of the Seagull run. Tank traps elsewhere

theotherjonv

haven’t seen the vids but would agree with Atlaz, that sounds more like the LSP end of the seagull run.

Tank traps is the logical progression from that though. To LSP, take 2nd left (I think) which climbs slightly and then turning is on the right at the crest. Starts off twisty through the tres, drops and then climbs, twists some more and then enters a sort of gully with the concrete blocks and railway sleepers embedded which gives it its name. Dumps you onto the long fireroad that runs from LSP to the manhole cover above the jump gully.

Wouldn’t normally give location of trails away so readily but the BOB / Gorrick trail crews were working on TT 2 weeks ago and it needs wheels now to help to bed it in. So go looking.

forge197
    Free Member

flamejob we can have a Swinley Pitch Off I have a blue one with 32’s well the standard Pikes 🙂

Just got back from Swinley it’s dried so much since Saturday, look forward to riding there again tomorrow.

otherjonv has explained how to get to that trail and it’s just been resurfaced by the trail pixies, didn’t get there today but hope to tomorrow, was having a slow amble around over towards the labyrinth today.

flamejob
    Free Member

@theotherjonv I get ya.. we normally go streight across LSP and follow the fireroad past the kiddy DH courses and on to the reservoir.

I have often ridden past the end of that trail, going toward the manhole cover and intended to backtrack it. Thanks.

@forge197 lol I may have some fox stickers going spare soon 😉
    I think we should have a Pitch tribe meet. It seems like some kind of cult bike now.

forge197
    Free Member

flamejob – happy to meet up for a pitch tribe meet, there seems a fair few happy owners on here.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Trail Footage from Afan and Swinley’ is closed to new replies.