Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Trail conditions – GT / Innerleithen / Pents. Anyone riding tmrow?
  • jimmy

I'm starting to get grumpy again sitting in the flat all day so I think its time for the first ride of 2010. Anyone keen to ride tomorrow? And know what conditions are like? I'm guessing Pentlands are a mess right now…?

EDIT: Or skiing at Glenshee…

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

First ride in 2010….shame on you jimmy

jimmy

I know I know. But then why change the habit of, well, the past 18 months at least.

druidh
    Free Member

I ain't been out this year yet.

chriswilk
    Free Member

pentlands will be a mess unless if freezes hard like last night, if it does they will be ace. I'll be working but may be commuting over Maidens if it's frozen

stanfree
    Free Member

Pentlands were a real mess yesterday and by all accounts GT is still closed. You might be better heading closer to the coast (not very exciting though).

stuartm555
    Free Member

glenshee is great right now though … forgot about mtbing and just go skiing for now 🙂

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

I was in the pentlands on sunday afternoon and it was a mix between slushy ice and mud – not very inspiring.

Oh, and avoid the canal path and WOL, they have been compacted to glass-like ice. I landed on my back twice and then gave up and used the road. Everything outside the bypass was ridable, albeit slower than usual.

chriswilk
    Free Member

stanfree – I don't see how GT can be "closed". I can see that they can advise people not to go there. I've been a few times when they say it's closed and it's been very good each time, if a little challenging in places.

WackoAK
    Free Member

+1 for Glenshee, was there on Sunday – some really nice snow in places. Only issue I had was the mental queues which you will not get mid-week.

stanfree
    Free Member

Fair enough Chriswik was just going by reports on the Glentress website saying that every thing above the buzzards nest car park was unrideable.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Glentress not 'closed', you could go and look at or buy stuff in the shop and go to the cafe but it'd be a waste of time trying to ride your bike there.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Just back in from the Pentlands – not that much snow about now but pretty muddy in places. Kept low 'cause of the wind tonight though, so don't know what likes of Maidens or Green Cleugh are like.

Stu_N

Glentress Update from Andy today.

Not really what I was hoping for.

http://www.7stanes.blogspot.com

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Ooh just what I was hoping for….Kirro is clear 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Trail conditions – GT / Innerleithen / Pents. Anyone riding tmrow?’ is closed to new replies.