Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 185 total)
  • Trail Centre Vehicle Trends Part 2
  • tonyg2003

Weird stw thread here. I like the VW vans posted by the OP – they look great (but not for me – too slow 🙁 ) and I also like the Volvo estate – proper old skool estate. As ever so many stereotypes posted here..

backinireland
    Free Member

So if you liked the a team get a t5
    Fall guy L200
    Dukes of hazard…………..

upshift
    Free Member

Judging by recent STW threads I hereby predict the next trend will be taking your FS’er to trail centres in the box of your cargo bike.

Tiger6791

So if you liked the a team get a t5
    Fall guy L200…..

Swedish Chef from Muppets – Volvo

matt_outandabout

Van? Volvo?
    *want*

fergal
    Free Member

^^Getting your’e Orange five out of the back of that baby is going to turn a few heads in the carpark.

continuity
    Free Member

The amount of people desperately trying to guise their hurt egos with faux nonchalance and shit attempts to put the op down in this thread is delicious.

newrobdob
    Free Member

You mean poor and slightly dull right?

Not poor but I am a bit dull. But not as dull as the posters on here who clearly don’t get the joke

Dukes of hazard…………..

Do you already know what my other car is?

😉

therealthing
    Free Member

Not poor but I am a bit dull. But not as dull as the posters on here who clearly don’t get the joke

Odd thread. Since you started it, could you explain what the joke is?

Rorschach
    Free Member

The joke is f@#£$&ts arguing about cars.

therealthing
    Free Member

The joke is f@#£$&ts arguing about cars.

Okay :?. Doesn’t seem that funny.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Maybe you had to be there at the start. 😐

somafunk

@zilog6128 – cheers for that heads up – i like it!, forwarded it on to my dad

therealthing
    Free Member

Maybe you had to be there at the start.

Maybe :-). Not knowing the personalities involved, or the background beyond these 4 pages, I have to say I’m not entirely convinced that the OP isn’t being the ‘bitter, jealous, underachieving, sneering, inverse-snob etc etc’, he is being accused of, but just hiding it behind ‘a joke’. Whole thing just seems a bit mean-spirited from the start. Don’t really see much evidence of humour or entertainment here, but that’s just me :(. That’s how it comes across to an outsider. Just saying. Doesn’t really make the forum very appealing.

hooli

I am so confused, I thought IT managers were supposed to have Audi estates with an Orange 5 on the roof and only visit trail centres. Have I missed something?

ransos
    Free Member

Don’t really see much evidence of humour or entertainment here, but that’s just me 🙁

It seems to be an optional extra on newer cars, rarely specified by the owner.

anagallis_arvensis

Doesn’t really make the forum very appealing.

Bye then 😀

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Vans, cool? I’ll give ya cool….

It’s my stepsons.

jam-bo

have you heard about joe cocker?

tonyg2003

Nice AM bike transportation! I like that!

colp

What does he use in the afternoon?

deviant
    Free Member

I’ll post pics of mine later, just have to run some errands first, remove one of the inner arches so I can push a dent out and take a hacksaw to some arch flare thingies that are stopping me glueing back on a different part of the arch….

….generally people move away from it in carpark!

hodgynd
    Free Member

It is a nice Aston ..spoilt by some jealous git who took a can of red paint to his number plate ..could have been worse though 8)

welshfarmer

Coming to a trail centre near you soon…. and most definitely not driven by an IT consultant 🙂

EDIT… though I did do a few years teaching computers to other farmers. Damn. Rumbled

tomaso
    Free Member

The prevalence of lifestyle vehicles is higher than it has ever been and while I have been known to bleat at my sheep like T5 owning riding buddies, it is no different to make generalisations about mate’s Orange Five, Santa Cruz or singlespeed bearded niches machines.
    My bike lugger of choice speaks volumes about how relaxed I am about the image I portray – Honda Jazz.

However my other vehicle is a massive Ducato campervan. It does have some stickers on the back, including one of these…

ElShalimo

tomaso – Member
    However my other vehicle is a massive Ducato campervan. It does have some stickers on the back, including one of these…

Touché

Did you make the sticker too? I’m sure that there are some people on here that wield crayons for a living who could improve that for you
    😉

perchypanther
    Free Member
    taggart303
    Free Member

Wish I had a VW van, I think they’re cool.
    I’d like a 160mm enduro bike too but can’t afford either.

Still, I can’t manual so at least that’s something 😉

alpin
    Free Member

I’ve a T5 with all the bells and whistles. Both the GF and I ride 160mm Enduro bikes. (Although we don’t tend to use trail centre car parks, riding proper mountains instead).

Apologies in advance.

Edit: does it make a difference that I usually transport the bikes outside the van on the colour coded VW rack?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

What does he use in the afternoon?

A Bee Emm of course!

Poopscoop

“Judge” people by how they treat you and others I say.
    Not by what they drive.

That said, I cant help being a bit judgmental of anyone that voted Leave. I have to allow myself that bit of arrogance. 😉

choppersquad
    Free Member

For propper Veedub haters you should avoid North Devon.
    Just came back from a weekends surfing and there were about a squillion (actual amount) pimped up T5’s with 5URF number plates on them.
    I actually quite fancy one for getting changed in and having a brew when it’s a bit chilly.

Marko

I have to say I’m not entirely convinced that the OP isn’t being the ‘bitter, jealous, underachieving, sneering, inverse-snob etc etc’, he is being accused of, but just hiding it behind ‘a joke’. Whole thing just seems a bit mean-spirited from the start. Don’t really see much evidence of humour or entertainment here

Well I took it as good humoured, with a bit of banter (piss taking) chucked in from various contributors. And all in the best possible taste of course.

matt_outandabout

Following the Volvan I posted before, perhaps we need to up the game level?

colp

Okeydokey

I give you ActionMobile

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’ve a T5 with all the bells and whistles. Both the GF and I ride 160mm Enduro bikes.

But no bell on your gnarpoon I’ll bet 🙄

chestrockwell

I used to take the pee out of my pal and his rusty old 51 reg t5 that he converted himself. He had done all sorts to it including fancy Alfa leather seated, golf tdi engine, phat rims, pop up roof thing and a paint job. I still laughed at it and his obsession as after all it was still a rusty old van underneath. He then sold it for 12k! 😯

He’s now converted a newer Crafter for a fraction of the price.

alpin
    Free Member

But no bell on your gnarpoon I’ll bet

Of course not… It has a horn.

As for the bike I prefer to slow down and call out of there are people on the trail ahead.

Really couldn’t give a shit what people drive or ride (although I’ll draw the line at some being ridden by healthy under 60s).

Everyone has a reason for riding or driving what they do. Does it affect the OP or others that are sneering at people’s choices?

I think this days a lot more about the OP than it does his antagonisers….

gfrew88
    Free Member

[quoteFollowing on from my previously successful/unsuccessful thread regarding trail centre bike vehicles (http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/trail-centre-vehicle-trends-this-week) I thought I’d give an update on the current styles you can expect.

Admittedly I only went in one part of the Nant Yr Arian car park as it was a bit chilly and I didn’t have a North Face puffa jacket on. But there was rich pickings in my section anyway.

Grey Vw T something. Points for on trend colour, private plate and “gives me something to moan about over a Frappuccino” dent in the rear. Could be more pimped though. As could the other two, who to be honest weren’t really trying that hard were they?
    [/quote]

you mate are a prized prick

munrobiker
    Free Member

As someone who has to drive a van a lot for work I can’t understand what makes people want to drive them day to day for fun.

But then this is my bike transportation. Makes the drive back just as entertaining as the ride itself!

(Currently over in the classifieds if anyone fancies it!)

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 185 total)

The topic ‘Trail Centre Vehicle Trends Part 2’ is closed to new replies.