Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)
  • Trail Centre Vehicle Trends This Week*
  • robdob
    Free Member

I was in Coed-y-Brenin forest for cake and tea recently and I thought I would do some STW policing of the vehicles people had arrived in

First of all. VW Caddy. Ok I suppose, regulation boring grey. The correct make, stylish enough but not big enough for the lame semi camper conversion (ooh look I put a stove and a futon in my van, I’m an EXPLORER!). So maybe 6/10.

A bigger VW offering next. Bonus points for the crew cab layout and trendy white colour. And extra kudos for the “please break into me as I obviously have expensive bikes in” number plate. However not slammed or decked out with phat rims so 8/10.

The winner today was this beast. Crew cab, colour coded alloys, lots of tasty extras. And obviously not a speck of dirt on it, why would you allow it to get dirty eh?

9/10.

I obviously didn’t take pictures of the Ford transit or French vans. Why would I?

*and if you don’t the joke, well, sorry. Tough. 😉

deadkenny
    Free Member

Surrey Hills car parks seem to be all vans now and many with some kind of sponsorship, or they just like sticking their favourite brand logo all over their vans.

It’s no more about the Audi 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

At least one of them has descent taste and drives an iconic vehicle.

ahwiles
    Free Member

The Landrover isn’t complete without a snorkel, and a cargo-cage on top.

Sandwich

I’m sure all those bike riders will be pleased that you stuck their number plates and vehicles up on-line for them.

tazzymtb

Yes, well done on showing the reg plates, that’ll be targeted bike thefts over the next month or so

mcnultycop

I’m not sure why putting number plates on line is seen as an issue. I can look out of my window and see cars with number plates on without having to resort to looking on the internet.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Aye but you dinnae ken what your neighbours have …. Now the whole wide internet knows these guys probably have some nice pricy bikes…

id be more worried about my nice clean 08 defender being stolen than my bike tbh.

Klunk
    Free Member

The Landrover isn’t complete without a snorkel, and a cargo-cage on top.

needs a winch too.

tazzymtb

With a quick bit of reasonable sounding bollards and a form submission the full details of the registered keeper can be found, which folks now know have shiny bikes in them for the taking

scotroutes

If you were into stealing bikes couldnt you just take a drive round any trail centre car park and get lots of number plates that way?

wolly
    Free Member

What have Diane and Ken got to do with anything?

Aye but you dinnae ken what your neighbours have …. Now the whole wide internet knows these guys probably have some nice pricy bikes…
    id be more worried about my nice clean 08 defender being stolen than my bike tbh.

Rorschach
    Free Member

If you were into stealing bikes could’nt you just take a drive round any trail centre car park and get lots of number plates that way?

Don’t be coming on here with your common sense, getting in the way of our middle class righteous indignation by proxy.

legend
    Free Member

So which forum members are thieves then?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Diane and ken by the sounds of it legend 🙂

scaredypants

me, err, him
    <points>

robdob
    Free Member

“I’m sure all those bike riders will be pleased that you stuck their number plates and vehicles up”

Maybe they shouldn’t drive their cars in public then. 😉

iolo
    Free Member

I’m quite amazed that someone decided to take photos of cars that don’t belong to him/her, give them marks out of ten and then post them on the internet together with a few “look how cool I am comments”.
    What a great life they must lead if this is worthy of a thread 🙄

robdob
    Free Member

“With a quick bit of reasonable sounding bollards and a form submission the full details of the registered keeper can be found, which folks now know have shiny bikes in them for the taking”

One of them might be mine…….

They’re probably all registered as company cars anyway, probably registered to “Surrey I.T Consultants Ltd” or something.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Which one is the ops car…? Nope itll be the sanctimonious octavia in the corner.

legend
    Free Member

The OP hasn’t even stated what their ENDURO hauler is!?

robdob
    Free Member

“I’m quite amazed that someone decided to take photos of cars that don’t belong to him/her, give them marks out of ten and then post them on the internet together with a few “look how cool I am comments”.
    What a great life they must lead if this is worthy of a thread “

WHHOOOOOOSHHHH!!!!

robdob
    Free Member

I’m so chuffed this thread fulfilled its aims so quickly. “smug chortle”

bikebouy
    Free Member

Curious, shirley you’d be taking photos of the bikes and not the vehicles they may (may not) have come in?

Just sayin’

raincloud
    Free Member

Why would you even bother doing this? Forget the number plate issue (if it was my car I would find it annoying) but to go out of your way to take pics to deliberately put on a forum with ratings of what you think and judge people by is quite frankly a bit weird.

I can’t help but wonder what interesting antics you have planned for this afternoon. Maybe take some pics of people’s trolleys at the checkouts at Tesco?

konabunny
    Free Member

Yes, well done on showing the reg plates, that’ll be targeted bike thefts over the next month or so

Hysterical nonsense. The first one is my brother’s van from work and we couldn’t GAF

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Maybe take some pics of people’s trolleys at the checkouts at Tesco?

So it’s just me then. 😳 Thought everybody did that.

legend
    Free Member

Why would you even bother doing this?

Coz it’s funny, and if you don’t think its funny it’s because you don’t get it – apparently

m360
    Free Member

I was in Coed-y-Brenin forest for cake and tea recently and I thought I would do some STW policing of the vehicles people had arrived in

How do you know they weren’t just there for tea and cakes and didn’t have bikes with them?

robdob
    Free Member

“Coz it’s funny, and if you don’t think its funny it’s because you don’t get it – apparently”

BINGO! 😉

philxx1975
    Free Member

What a great life they must lead if this is worthy of a thread

I agree, surely starting you own thread about how being the chosen “ONE” in deciding what is worthy of being posted would be far better. 🙄

zilog6128

At least one of them has descent taste and drives an iconic vehicle.

+1 That Mitsubishi Colt is sorted.

yunki
    Free Member

Heh.. Nearly took my own STW/car related photograph yesterday

A BMW Chelsea tractor with the ‘give bikes more space’ sticker and a tour de Yorkshire sticker..

I sort of get the thread and the spirit it was meant in.

Unfortunately, it’s lack of content and poor attempt at humour gives it a 2/10 for me.

Show us your vehicle of choice, so we can add some ridicule OP 😉

scotroutes

The OP has already suggested that one of the vehicles is his

Oh yeah, missed that bit….soz

Tiger6791

Land Rovers are totally impractical bike transports

mos

I thought they only let T5’s in if they were rolling 20’s? That’s why I’ve stayed away.

slowoldman

…deliberately put on a forum with ratings of what you think and judge people by is quite frankly a bit weird.

Well that covers 90% of STW threads. Bikes, cars, clothes, tattoos, beer, politics, religion, shopping habits….

Mine would win in the impracticability stakes – swallows 4 bikes with wheels off, 4-5 people and luggage and erm…. no room for bikes

You’d be frothing if you saw me turn up with a bike rack on the back 😉

[url=https://flic.kr/p/zWZ1pB]2015-10-18_12-11-11[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Trail Centre Vehicle Trends This Week*’ is closed to new replies.