Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,077 total)
  • Tractor Trumps – South Glos Rules ;-)
  • redthunder
    Free Member

Old Tractor Pron.

redthunder
    Free Member

The “Mini Mutant”

redthunder
    Free Member

Not a tractor in the strictest sense… but interesting.

redthunder
    Free Member

From yesterdays ride..

mc
    Free Member

smiffy – Member
    “mc – Member
    Is that a 3 cyl Perkins 35?

It’s a TE20 with a P3 conversion.
    The other option was the infamous gold seal diesel engine (basically the Standard petrol engine converted to diesel, which is what mcmoonter probably has), which was renowned for it’s poor starting.
    The P3 conversion kit was supplied by Perkins, and was that succesful, it resulted in MF using Perkins engines as standard.”

My 35x is a Perkins 3; it starts after a night indoors with a Shogun jumpstart!

The 35 didn’t use a P3 😉

The P3 refers to the first of the perkins diesels, which also came in 4 and 6 cylinder versions, suprisingly named the P4 and P6.
    The P-series of engines used inline injection pumps, and also the design feature whereby the con-rod big-end was larger than the cylinder bore, so you had to push the piston out the top, remove the gudgeon pin, then drop the con-rod out the bottom (they make for a lot of strong language when trying to get the things back together!)

The 35, used the newer 3.152 series of engine, complete with rotary fuel pumps, with the original 35s using the indirect injected version, before introducing the 35X signifying the move to the A3.152 direct injected version.
    Which was then replaced by the AD3.152 with the introduction of the 135.

Massey continued to use the 3.152 in various versions up until they stopped production of the smaller 200 series tractors in the late 90s.

And yes, I know I sound far too geeky, but I’ve rebuilt numerous perkins 3-cylinders, and know them pretty well, including the variances between the different versions.

mc
    Free Member

Oh, and any direct injected 3.152 engine that takes more than a few seconds of cranking in above freezing temperatures, has issues.

timber

fettling – that’s a little forwarder for shifting timber out of the woods. Those little Rottnes are tough like terriers, never seen one that straight with that much paint on it though.

smiffy

…the 35X signifying the move to the A3.152 direct injected version.

That’s the one we have.

matt_outandabout

The 35 didn’t use a P3

The P3 refers to the first of the perkins diesels, which also came in 4 and 6 cylinder versions, suprisingly named the P4 and P6.
    The P-series of engines used inline injection pumps, and also the design feature whereby the con-rod big-end was larger than the cylinder bore, so you had to push the piston out the top, remove the gudgeon pin, then drop the con-rod out the bottom (they make for a lot of strong language when trying to get the things back together!)

The 35, used the newer 3.152 series of engine, complete with rotary fuel pumps, with the original 35s using the indirect injected version, before introducing the 35X signifying the move to the A3.152 direct injected version.
    Which was then replaced by the AD3.152 with the introduction of the 135.

Massey continued to use the 3.152 in various versions up until they stopped production of the smaller 200 series tractors in the late 90s.

And yes, I know I sound far too geeky, but I’ve rebuilt numerous perkins 3-cylinders, and know them pretty well, including the variances between the different versions.
    I am informed by the owner it is a home bodged thing – will print off this and check what he has under the bonnet…

slugwash
    Free Member

Came across this badboy this morning when I took a diversion on the ride into work…

redthunder
    Free Member

Yesterday.. Possibly an old David Brown

mc
    Free Member

I am informed by the owner it is a home bodged thing – will print off this and check what he has under the bonnet…

Anything with a P3 is home bodged, as it was only available as a conversion kit from perkins, but I’m sure there have been numerous other engines fitted by others. It’s just that the P3 conversion was one of the more popular options.

timber

Yesterday.. Possibly an old David Brown

Late David Brown in the Case takeover phase, best of the cheap tractors

smiffy

Anything with a P3 is home bodged, as it was only available as a conversion kit from perkins, but I’m sure there have been numerous other engines fitted by others. It’s just that the P3 conversion was one of the more popular options.

our 35X is factory spec with P3, just like every other 35X I’ve ever seen? (and sadly I’ve looked over a few).

matt_outandabout

Does this count? Taken today.

redthunder
    Free Member

mc
    Free Member

our 35X is factory spec with P3, just like every other 35X I’ve ever seen? (and sadly I’ve looked over a few).

I’m guessing you missed my post further up the page about perkins engines, what they were referred to as, and what they were fitted in 😉

redthunder
    Free Member

c.1942 HUBER 8ton 4cylinder diesel ROLLER
    Serial No. 3400
    Fitted with CAT D4 engine with petrol donkey start, rear scarifier and canopy. Originally imported into the UK by the US Army for airbase construction during WWII. Post war sold to West County building firm and used for road construction then later used as company display. Signed on canopy Downing Rudman & Bent.

slugwash
    Free Member

On the ride into work this morning…

sharkbait
    Free Member

Going to need the big hammer to fix that one!

redthunder
    Free Member

Dingtastic 😉

amodicumofgnar

A hetic weekend to bring it all together but a brace of Newhollands and a bell 205

timber

oldagepredator – prefer the next pic with the ‘mog, not much of a NH fan (bit fragile in my hands).

Just had a heli-lift at work too moving 100 ton of stone onto the Beacons and a 1000 bags of moor cuttings for peat bog restoration on Abergwesyn.

redthunder
    Free Member

redthunder
    Free Member
    mcmoonter
    Free Member

Here are a few from Kansas.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Good God is this thread really two years old.!!! 😯

Sandwich

And it keeps on giving.

redthunder
    Free Member

Even I forgot about it 😉 😯

Great pix McMoonter BTW.

redthunder
    Free Member

IMG_2284 by SGMTB, on Flickr

redthunder
    Free Member

After that recent post about deleting history etc. and threads closing after 12 months.

I thought I’d keep the baby alive 😉

Heres some recent stuff, as seen out on rides.

IMG_3766 by SGMTB, on Flickr

Little Orange Tractor by SGMTB, on Flickr

John Deere Tractor by SGMTB, on Flickr

Powwwwer by SGMTB, on Flickr

redthunder
    Free Member

South Gloucestershire County Councils own tractor.

IMG_2093 by SGMTB, on Flickr

redthunder
    Free Member

Final two, for a while.

IMG_2129 by SGMTB, on Flickr

IMG_2145 by SGMTB, on Flickr

redthunder
    Free Member

and another..

Dreamy 🙂 by SGMTB, on Flickr

Kuco

redthunder
    Free Member

and another.. spy shot 😉

Spy Shot John Deere by SGMTB, on Flickr

John Deere by SGMTB, on Flickr

redthunder
    Free Member

@kuco

What is it ?

Keep em’ coming.

redthunder
    Free Member

for fun..

IMG_8201 by SGMTB, on Flickr

Kuco

Can’t remember exact model other than it’s an old Mercedes with one of our works Case 9007 excavators.

Searching Google think it’s an MB Trac Wiki

redthunder
    Free Member

Final few…

IMG_9522 by SGMTB, on Flickr

IMG_9419 by SGMTB, on Flickr

IMG_7123 by SGMTB, on Flickr

IMG_7142 by SGMTB, on Flickr

IMG_7284 by SGMTB, on Flickr

IMG_7288 by SGMTB, on Flickr

Right back to the beginning of the year 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,077 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM