Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Track Pump advice.
  • starrman82
    Free Member

Hi, has anyone used one of these http://www.lezyne.com/product-fpumps-hv-pressovrdrive.php#.WWItWM6cFes
    or recommend something similar?
    Thanks
    Dave

Rubber_Buccaneer

It’s expensive and faffy to use the screw on chuck. I’d choose something cheaper that just works. Been happy with my Flash Charger but I’d consider others too

jes
    Free Member

I also have the Bontrager Flash Charger, only had one non inflation event but the compressor also couldn’t inflate it.
    Very impressed so far.

starrman82
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice. 🙂

otsdr
    Free Member

The Flash Charger was my first track pump, I figured I might as well have the tubeless feature while I’m at it. It fails as a track pump because you cannot use it just to top up your tyres in a hurry, as the air wooshes into the reservoir first.
    So I got a proper track pump, a Lezyne CNC Digital Drive; the chuck only takes a couple of turns to connect and one pull to disconnect on Presta valves.

Rubber_Buccaneer

It fails as a track pump because you cannot use it just to top up your tyres in a hurry, as the air wooshes into the reservoir first.

As far as I know all of the tubeless inflator/track pumps do that including the Lezyne the op linked to.

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

The overdrive you link to doesn’t have a threaded chuck. Its their ABS2 which is just a normal push/pull one.

I’ve got a slightly different model but its great.

Enduro magazine rated the digital overdrive best in test.

The best Tubeless Tire Inflator System you can buy

otsdr
    Free Member

There is a “rotate” component in the Presta ABS2 instructions, so not simply push/pull; for Schrader it is rotate-only.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-maintenance/bike-pumps/topeak-joe-blow-booster-tubeless-track-pump is £86.39 in the flash sale that finishes at 2200, if that sways things.

RustyNissanPrairie

£15 wiggle own brand track pump and a cheap double barrel footpump for mounting tubeless.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Track Pump advice.’ is closed to new replies.