Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Tracing a person that owes Part2
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Well I tried a tracing agency after paying my fee. However they only come up with his last known address. Living with his mum, but shes just moved, so once again he is off the radar.
    It’s been about four years now. He admitted the debt, but actually laughed in my face at the thought of ever paying it. Foolishly I stopped the court action because he drafted a letter stating how he would pay me, that never happened.
    Anyway the latest is I’ve found him and his muppet brother on Facebook, but don’t know how that can really help.
    It’s only £4,800 but it’s for goods supplied and part of the massive debt that nearly made me bankrupt last year.
    Any ideas.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Sell the debt to a debt recovery firm? You won’t get all your money but you will get some and they will hassle him

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Are you looking to find his current address?

Ps, did u value the goods in your loft?

bigyinn
    Free Member

What happened to part 1???

oldgit
    Free Member

Yes I want to find him. Then I can re issue court proceedings. Ive sill got all the records including his offer to pay.
    Also just found out that an old mate has just used an electrician that did me for £4600 last August.

cynic-al
    Free Member

TJ’s idea is good depending on what you would lose – best to move on…

oldgit
    Free Member

I got done for £98,000.00 actual cost value of goods Ive supplied and not seen a penny of it back, so pretty hard to move on when you think I ended up paying that out of my own pocket.

ski
    Free Member

I got done for £98,000.00 actual cost value of goods Ive supplied

He is not a Director of a Ltd Company is he?

Drop me an email if he is, I might be able to help 😉

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

oldgit – to be fair if you could afford to pay £98000 out of your own pocket and not go bankrupt then things cant really be that bad can they.

duckman

SBZ,does it matter? TJ does make a good suggestion,you will only get a % of the debt,but the loanshark debt collector will squeeze him for a good bit more than the amount he owes you.

bazzer
    Free Member

SBZ that’s the biggest load of rubbish I have heard (at least today :-))

That 98K could be his house for all you know !!!!!

footflaps

If you just let it go then the guy learns the lesson that debt doesn’t matter. If you pursue him to the corners of the earth and get him to pay up then perhaps he will learn a lesson….

cynic-al
    Free Member

My point is on a debt of £5K you’ll spend £££ and time getting stressed chasing it, if you sell it you’ll get some cash and no stress – knowing the debtor will see a whole load of pain.

Which is it: £5K or £98K? The principle is the same.

hora
    Free Member

A lad (Ltd company) owed us a mere £13,000. Didn’t pay and we found out he had a long string/history of phoenix companies with variations of the same name.

Hes still trading and still running up debt. Bet he pays his VAT bill though.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I chased someone for a ‘mere’ £500. It was two days work to me, and I had been asking for payment for over 6 months. Her excuse was it wasn’t much money to her & she simply forgot to pay it. I was naughty though & made a faux letterhead for a made up debt recovery firm, saying baliffs would be involved if the issue was not resolved in 7 days. A few days after the letter I got the cheque. People like that make a habit out of not paying.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

oldgit – to be fair if you could afford to pay £98000 out of your own pocket and not go bankrupt then things cant really be that bad can they.

🙄

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

🙄

I speak as someone who went bankrupt and had their house repossessed. You know what – it wasn’t that bad.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I speak as someone who went bankrupt and had their house repossessed. You know what – it wasn’t that bad.

How bad was it for the folks who didn’t get what you owed them?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Well seeing as it was bank debt you tell me.

brassneck

Anyway the latest is I’ve found him and his muppet brother on Facebook, but don’t know how that can really help.

It’d be possibly illegal to have some fit young imaginary thing (gender dependant on preference) befriend him of course. But I’m no lawyer.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I think you’re unlikely to ever see the cash again. Even at court he will be able to agree a peppercorn payment plan. I’d suggest you cut your losses and either engage a debt colection business or just get shot of it by selling the debt. At least you will have the small comfort of the smug grin being wiped off hs face as they leave with his car/van/ TV etc… You’ll be looking at around 10% of the value of the debt in fees I reckon.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

SBZ you must be one of the greedy people who contributed to the recession.

cb

Chase him – I couldn’t “move on” knowing someone had done that to me. He will only get away with a peppercorn payment plan if he can prove that he has limited income – quite often these people are very comfortable – they just have no morals. That said, it is likely to happen all over again so a debt collector could be the best option, some hand over a pretty reasonable amount of the debt to you and make their margin through high fees to the debtor. As you have evidence of his admission of guilt over the debt, he will be unable to ‘dispute’ the debt with the collection agency.

Best of luck.

joolsburger
    Free Member

There are companies who operate a no win no fee basis on debt so maybe worth a quick google and call.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

leggyblonde – guess i must be.

Trimix
    Free Member

Have you any intimidating mates ?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

See those folk that are suggesting getting “intimidating” mates round his house to sort him out – what planet do you live on?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

A slightly tinge in cheek planet maybe?

Ling shot I know…

🙄

oldgit
    Free Member

A large part of my debt was from customers going Bankrupt, into administration or liquidation, and all due without exception to banks calling in their debts.
    The others were one man bands that just disappeared with my goods.
    And every one had been credit checked.
    I’ve been recommended a guy, but he forces them to cash points etc. Though I’m a bit worried about using such a person.
    It’s a shame taking goods with the intention of never paying for them isn’t seen as theft. Apparently he paid no one ever ever ever.

oldgit
    Free Member

How many tooth implants could he buy with my 4.8K 🙂

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

oldgit
    Free Member

Hmmm that would take some precision assultage.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Well seeing as it was bank debt you tell me.

What? How would i know?

Taylorplayer
    Free Member

Oldgit,

A bit necky I know, but I’ve sent you an e-mail.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Tracing a person that owes Part2’ is closed to new replies.