Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Towbar mounted bike carrier – advice please
  • ridwarephil
    Free Member

Just a quick note to say thanks to all that posted.
    After Dan’s recommendation I coughed up from an Atera Strada DL.
    Really smart piece of kit which slides and tilts meaning I can get the barn doors open on my T5 without removing a bike.

😉

Brycey
    Free Member

A bit late in the day, but in case anyone else is considering the Thule Euroclassic/VW T5 option. My mates stumpy handlebars on the inside clears back door no problem, although sometimes bikes with larger bars need a bit of foam or suchlike over the end. This is my mates Transporter, but my Caddy’s exactly the same.

PS I know it’s a white number plate, it’s all I could find.

petrieboy

Old folding euroclassic here. On a standard flange towball it was a bit wobbly but upgrading to an Alko towball sorted that and was a cheap upgrade.

davestoneyallan
    Free Member

Hi all, bought a maxxraxx 5 bike carrier, plus two x bar false crossbars for my stumpy and my sons FS mtb. When I ratchet the bikes on using the x bar the bikes swing back and forward. The x bar is telescopic and articulated, so I can’t see any way of securing the bike properly with the x bar. Does anyone have any experience of this? Many thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Towbar mounted bike carrier – advice please’ is closed to new replies.