Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Tour of Britain stage 6 pictures (spoiler)
  • elliptic
    Free Member

An early break between Frome and Shepton: De Gendt, Pauwels and three others…

The peloton 20 seconds or so behind…

Dibbs
    Free Member

Well that's spoilt it for me now!! there's very little point in me walking down to the end of the road to watch them go past 😆

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

Frome was a busy place this morning; seemed to be loads of people out and the street was lined with spectators. Only saw them rolling out before heading off, would have been good to have seen them at speed on the course.
    I guess it took me about the same time to cyle into work in Bath as it took those fellas to get to Bridgwater!

tinsy
    Free Member

Whilst watching le tour this year I wondered how they manage in the tour of britain with our crap road surfs…. BUT that road looks really smooth.

elliptic
    Free Member

Starting up Winsford hill and the break is still on.

tinsy
    Free Member

is it on freecaster or anything live streaming?

elliptic
    Free Member

There's a GPS tracker & twitter updates here, dunno about video streams though.

sharki
    Free Member

After the sprint through Bridgwater the tour headed up over onto the Quantocks, after the king of the hill the lead group had a 1m 55sec lead on the peloton with less than a dozen out back on their own.

My camera decided to do funny things and give an error status just as the peloton came into view..doah!

Lead group pressing hard up the final hill on this section.

Lead rider nearing the top, then the free for all down cothelstone hill.

chasing rider

Big-Dave
    Free Member

It was a geat atmosphere at the finish in Bideford with a good turn out of spectators.

Seemed to be a lot of spotlessly clean bikes being wheeled around by people trying to pose.

Surfr
    Free Member

Nice shot of Geraint Thomas there. He lead the lead bunch until the pack caught them at 1.5Km to go apparently. Took 2 sprints along the way. I was hoping for a stage win out of him but it seems he couldn't quite hold them off. Still he's up in 6th in GC now.

elliptic
    Free Member

It was still a great effort – they broke away at the start of the stage and held out for 180km 😯

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I was marshalling at Bideford and had a really nice day until some fat **** in leathers had a go at me for doing a crap job. Watching the riders come into the finish indicated to me that I am very slow.

Surfr
    Free Member

Spooning-Machine care to explain?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

nice shots everyone

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

All the riders had come through and we were just waiting for a couple of vehicles. A load of non-competing cyclists turned up (about 5) so I asked them to stay next to the barrier out of the way. 2 minutes later and one of the motorbike lot appears, screaming and swearing in front of hundreds of people about how they shouldn't be on the course. Told me I can't expect a job next year.

Maybe he was right, but I was just an unpaid volunteer and thought I did the right thing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Tour of Britain stage 6 pictures (spoiler)’ is closed to new replies.