Viewing 10 posts - 241 through 250 (of 250 total)
  • Tour de France Stage 9 – Nantua / Chambéry – From doe to cat, it's wild world!
  • imnotverygood

noted Froomy didn’t expand on what the issue was, how long he’d been suffering with it nor when it magically fixed itself.

You mean: The bike he changed to didn’t have the same issue? You really are spouting garbage.
    As for:

but even Froomy said he didn’t notice Aru’s attack until much later in the stage when he was told about it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Look, find some sauce for your own garbage or shut up. There, happy now. All you are doing is posting a pic of the incident.. I mean we all saw that (maybe you didn’t) we saw endless repeats on the live feed on Eurosport, endless commentary from Kelly and Kirby et all, then all the Brian Smith whining post race interviews.
    Find the sauce for Froomy swapping bikes.
    Read the Cycling News interview with a Froomy that quotes “I didn’t know Aru attacked until told”

Please do your own research.

Find some facts.

As for :

legend – Member
    ahaha has his attitude changed in the 12 months since?

Are you saying bike swaps only happen in 2016?
    I think you’ll find bike swaps happen in 2017 and in this edition of the TdF.

Think this is done now, don’t you.

anagallis_arvensis

whose to say it’s wrong to attack when there’s opportunity?

The majority of the other GC riders clearly.

anagallis_arvensis

“I didn’t see his attack … I was too busy trying to change my bike. It sounded like he sat up, but that group then sat up but I think that was more to due with Richie from what I understand”
    – Chris Froome

Trying, dies that mean he did or did not?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Cool, finally some evidence.
    I couldn’t find anything.

imnotverygood

Read the Cycling News interview with a Froomy that quotes “I didn’t know Aru attacked until told”

I’m fully aware of what Froome said.
    It hasn’t quite occurred to you that Froome is being diplomatic?

He quite clearly sees Aru go: It was perfectly obvious that he had changed his bike: If you are prepared to actually look at the incident you may notice these things. Somehow you managed to watch the same the same TV coverage as everyone else but these details passed you by.

legend
    Free Member

Are you saying bike swaps only happen in 2016?
    I think you’ll find bike swaps happen in 2017 and in this edition of the TdF.
    Think this is done now, don’t you.

Having you been drinking/smoking? You asked for the source of him taking a team mates bike and cracking on. You have the source, it never had anything to do with this year

crazy-legs

I’d introduce some form of time penalties per Grand Tour. You’re allowed a certain number of bike changes, after that it’s a 20″ penalty each time. Same with wheels but maybe a 5″ penalty for that. Obvious caveats so if the puncture was caused by sabotage like tacks on the road then it’s exempt.

Might make the riders and teams think a bit more about durability, reliability etc instead of just carrying fleets of spare bikes. Might even make the races safer if riders are thinking about potential time penalties instead of just grabbing bike #3 and riding on while knowing that race etiquette dictates everyone waits.
    Crash out and each other team member gets a 20″ penalty.

chakaping
    Free Member

It hasn’t quite occurred to you that Froome is being diplomatic?

Or even that it’s his way of not getting drawn into a pointless public spat when he wants to get back for his din-dins.

Viewing 10 posts - 241 through 250 (of 250 total)

The topic ‘Tour de France Stage 9 – Nantua / Chambéry – From doe to cat, it's wild world!’ is closed to new replies.