Viewing 6 posts - 281 through 286 (of 286 total)
  • Tour de France stage 12 – Montpellier > Ventoux – Half of a legend
  • dirtyrider
    Free Member

nice data visuals from dig deep coaching on Twitter

adsh
    Free Member

Nah, don’t think NQ is overhyped, and don’t think we’ve seen the end of him at this tour.
    He’s a tiny rider – probably gives him a really ‘low’ threshold power at around 360W – he’ll have had a couple of hard days battling in the crosswinds, and won’t have had the raw power into a strong headwind yesterday.

Still the Alps to come, hopefully we can see him at his best there.

All extremities crossed – so want to see him attack and make it stick.

mrblobby
    Free Member

nice data visuals from dig deep coaching on Twitter

Some bloody impressive numbers there!

slowoldman

You don’t leave the yellow jersey behind…

Which I guess is why he stopped for a wee. Definitely a bit cheeky and I would have forgiven Movistar for not slowing down.

FuzzyWuzzy

I don’t think Movistar are tactically inept, much as I dislike Valverde he did just about all he could do once they got to Ventoux. Someone had to attack to try and disrupt Sky from their usual high tempo until 2-5km to go, then wind it up then Froome attacks routine. Valverde attacked to try and cause Sky’s domestiques to be dropped but they were just too strong.

When Quintana went I think he just realised he didn’t have the legs that day and if he carried on pushing into the red he could end up in serious trouble so he eased off but Froome obviously saw the weakness and attacked, at that point Quintana just had to ride at threshold and limit his losses.

It’s far from over though, unless Quintana has an illness he’ll still be a big threat in the long Alpine climbs. Will be interesting to see how he fairs in the TT today, I think if he loses a lot more time he must be hiding an illness.

aracer
    Free Member

I don’t think Mollema has any disagreement about Porte and Froome being given the same time as him. He has a quite reasonable and understandable complaint that Quintana got a time bonus relative to him though – because all of Quintana’s group got given the same time as Yates. That decision doesn’t appear to be justified – effectively Quintana has been given benefit for simply being delayed by the aftermath of the incident when Mollema got none despite being on the floor.

Personally I agree with Mollema on that – the time ruling on Quintana’s group is quite clearly unfair on Mollema (and Yates, Froome, Porte).

Viewing 6 posts - 281 through 286 (of 286 total)

The topic ‘Tour de France stage 12 – Montpellier > Ventoux – Half of a legend’ is closed to new replies.