Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,453 total)
  • Tottenham Riots
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ben – did I say anything different?

swavis

Sticking my neck out for a flaming here, but it seems the ‘untouchable’ status they aquired in school has fully encompassed their lives.

Nail on the head!

oldgit
    Free Member

bring back the belt ! (and im not even old enough to remember it ! )

I can, well the cane that is.

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah it’s a complex situation and all that guff. However I still say send the army in and deploy sleeping gas, put the rioters/looters in planes and drop them off in Afghanistan on IED clearance duty.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Mcboo – We live in a capitalist state so its open competition for jobs. So as a person you have direct ability to “reap what we sow”

I know it is harder for some than others, but every one in the UK has opportunity, its just some are not prepared to take that opportunity.

I’m with BenHouldsworth on this one. Control them first and then look at the problems behind it. These kids have no respect for anything so treating them like animals IMO is ok.

MSP

Sticking my neck out for a flaming here, but it seems the ‘untouchable’ status they aquired in school has fully encompassed their lives.

They went to Eton?

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

It means they have to try harder at school, develop better interview skills, buy a smart shirt and shoes instead of x box games m, MTFU and be grateful to live in a country that people will travel all the way fro Eastern Europe to work in

iDave
    Free Member

It means they have to try harder at school, develop better interview skills, buy a smart shirt and shoes instead of x box games m, MTFU and be grateful to live in a country that people will travel all the way fro Eastern Europe to work in

Comedy gold

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, just dismiss it as comedy, Dave, but the point is valid. There’s a generation who seem to believe that not only are they untouchable, but also that the state, nay the world, owes them a living. Bleating on about “I got my rights, innit?” is all well and good, but with rights come responsibilities.

MSP

Half the cabinet were members of the bullingdon club, that’s the example of behaving like a mindless yob and where it gets you in society. people with every advantage in life and they still behave the same way, only they are rich enough to bully there way out of the consequences.

binners

What TJ, Fred and Ernie said.

The rest of you who are agreeing with Hora, I suggest you have a little think about that for a while. YOU’RE AGREEING WITH HORA!!

Have a think about what it is actually like to be a 16 year old school leaver in the inner city right now. What prospects you actually have? What choices? The answer is pretty resolutely ‘none’ on both counts.

Add to this the fact that you are now demonised by the press, the police and the government, and the alienation is pretty much complete. Why on earth do you seriously expect them to then adhere to the social norms of a society which offers them absolutely nothing in return.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

MSP, please show me an example of the Bullingdon club putting families out of their homes. Or perhaps burning down a family business that has run for five generations. Or perhaps systematically looting a branch of Currys, etc, etc, etc.

grum
    Free Member

Yep, just dismiss it as comedy, Dave, but the point is valid. There’s a generation who seem to believe that not only are they untouchable, but also that the state, nay the world, owes them a living. Bleating on about “I got my rights, innit?” is all well and good, but with rights come responsibilities.

How’s the view up there in your ivory tower?

MSP, please show me an example of the Bullingdon club putting families out of their homes.

Oh the ironing….

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

‘untouchable’ or they simply don’t give a flying ****?

Lads that don’t see prison as bad compared to what they’ve got?

It’s not like they’re sitting in palatial homes fretting over what coffee machines to buy is it? They’ve got sod all, if they get away with it they’ve gained… if they don’t… what matters?

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

iDave, I’m deadly serious; there are kids who walk ten miles before school for a bucket of dirty water then work the land when they get home, this country is a wonderful place, people need to realise that

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

this country is a wonderful place

It’s more wonderful for some, than it is for others…

phil.w
    Free Member

Why on earth do you seriously expect them to then adhere to the social norms of a society which offers them absolutely nothing in return.

Sorry what?
    Society only offers you something if you do stick to the ‘social norms’. You can’t take from it until you agree to do some giving.

oldgit
    Free Member

I agree with a lot of TJ’s words, but you’ll never get it through or make any of it work unless you change how we change people.
    Widespread policies set out to help and improve rarely work. Of course I’m only talking from my own limited experiences in life, but what does work is when you concentrate those ideas and direct them at individuals.
    No matter how good your intentions preaching doesn’t work, but take someone to one side and you can change them.
    Just my opinion.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Means and IQ testing – if you fail you’re immediately sterilised for the benefit of others

This is actually the methods of fascism. Not in the whiny student politics ‘I disagree so I’ll call you a fascist’ way. As in the actual definition of fascism.

So your saying Sweden is a fascist state?

@mrmo – I don’t need to do any reading about Sweden, thanks. I already know about their policy, and it’s not relevant to the point I made.

Sterilisation of the poor and those with low IQs is, as I said, one of fascism’s methods. Whether anyone else does, and the separate debate that could be had about that, it is not relevant.

I know sometimes the thought that springs into a person’s head when they read something can be exciting, and people want to run away with it. This might be because point in issue and the point one comes up with are in some way linked in one’s mind.

For example, I could try to run away with my thoughts on rollmop herrings, but it wouldn’t be relevant. All I need to do to stop this is read what has been posted, and respond to it, instead of responding to what I think has been said.

I’m not sure if your question

So your saying Sweden is a fascist state?

is a genuine one. Sometimes people ask questions like this when they really need clarification on what has been said. I gave this, by saying

evidently not

The other reason people ask “So you’re saying..?” questions is so they can remould the original statement into something they can then attack. Putting words into a person’s mouth, then to attack them for those words. People do this unconsciously. Sometimes argument can be emotional, or irrational, and people lose sight of logic without even realising it. The desire to prevail clouds judgment, and things are misread.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’m thinking about all those people who have had their jobs shot to hell and others who’ve lost their homes and all their possessions from being burned out under their feet.

So naturally, I’m all concerned about the looter’s “rights”…

Army now. Curfew tonight. If you’re on the street after 9, you’ll be detained. If you resist you’ll be shot. End of.

hora
    Free Member

Binners. How can a Pole with no recognised English qualifications, English as a second language come here and find work? Poles who come here aren’t Doctors at home, a great deal are working class looking for a better life and travelling to where there are opportunities not present at home.

A better life.

London isn’t a small village like up here. There are thousands of opportunities- you need a work ethic though.

Sick of well-meaning handwringing and liberal Guardianism. Tough love is needed not apologists.

neninja
    Free Member

These are the feral offspring of 5th generation welfare state feral families.

3 years National Service for anyone caught rioting, looting, etc. Try to give them the self respect that their parents have ensured they’d never have.

santacoops
    Free Member

A mate of mine drove through Camden last night and he experienced an attempted carjacking by a couple of c#nts in hoods and scarfs. His doors were locked though. He said he both sniggered and shat it.

I think i’d cry if i found myself in that situation. A proper cry. Not like a concerned whimper, a real wide-eyed-open-mouth-chin-quivering WAAAAAAAH!!! The kind where a tightrope of mucusy spittle extends from top to bottom lip (or vice versa). Thats what i reckon anyway.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Hora blood, the wey u iz talkin me finks you finks inglish iz da 1st langwidge of dees bruthas

hora
    Free Member

santacoops I’d have got out with my keyboard and given them a right kicking

eeezy geeza, find some gal to trow she down and make peace* guy?

*Technically this would involve a few lads holding down a girl who isn’t technically willing but thats alright as gang culture means ‘shes up for it’. 😐

M6TTF
    Free Member

Employers would rather opt for the easier and cheaper alternative of offering jobs to fully trained Poles or Lithuanians, than to give British school-leavers any hope of learning a trade.

Bollox – its because most of them don’t turn up, they don’t work hard if they do and they complain about being paid a small wage. On the otherhand the eastern Europeans, some having come from some really grim living situations, are here to carve a better life for themselves, work hard giving more than they need to, are punctual, polite and have some pride in what might be a menial task. I’d employ them over many of our youth.

bigG
    Free Member

What a bunch of middle class whiney cock bags we all are this morning. How about instead of being keyboard warriors you all go out and do something about it? Local policits is a starting point or give up some of your time to help these communities?

Alternatively, continue to jog along thinking it’s OK to rant and rave because it’ll all blow over…

grum
    Free Member

Binners. How can a Pole with no recognised English qualifications, English as a second language come here and find work?

Because they often work for below minimum wage, can only afford rent etc because they live with loads of people sharing rooms, which they don’t mind because they don’t plan to do it forever. I wouldn’t want to try and compete with that.

santacoops
    Free Member

I am doing something about it bigG, i am working.

I am also a middle class cockbag. Many thanks.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I think people should stop trying to pigeon this down to a class/sub class thing.

I bet its a mixture of backgrounds and wealth.. however what they all do have in common is that they are from the “Parents do not give a Sh!t” class.

morgs
    Free Member

the way this thread is going, I’m shocked that some people aren’t looting the classifieds

neil853
    Free Member

I’m sure all the people on here who are explaining away the events of the last three days would feel very differently if it was your house or business that was burnt down or looted 🙄

hora
    Free Member

Because they often work for below minimum wage, can only afford rent etc because they live with loads of people sharing rooms, which they don’t mind because they don’t plan to do it forever. I wouldn’t want to try and compete with that.

Just like the Indians/bangladeshi’s did before. These people knew real poverty/hardship and wanted better. Work ethic. Crock of **** when people try to explain ungrateful disaffected idiots.

Whereas when I first moved to London I lived in a overpriced tiny bedsit not a relatively spacial council provided flat or home for peanuts.

I didn’t complain, I got on with it.

franksinatra

The Telegraph ran an excellent live feed last night. Difficult to sum things up in one line but I think the quote below does a pretty good job of clearing up the mentality / intellect of those rioting last night

04.50 “We are getting our taxes back.”
    That’s what one looter in Clapham Junction told Sky’s Mark Stone, who shot this film while confronting people raiding a Currry’s Digital. The local branch of Waterstone’s had not been looted, he noted.

santacoops
    Free Member

I’m sure all the people on here who are explaining away the events of the last three days would feel very differently if it was your house or business that was burnt down or looted

I think i’ve expressed quite accurately exactly how i would feel.

neil853
    Free Member

I am also working and i’m also a middle class cockbag 🙄

piha
    Free Member

Shows the mentality of those involved, it’s so sad to see.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVjKE4yMz2Y[/video]

hora
    Free Member

I’m sure all the people on here who are explaining away the events of the last three days would feel very differently if it was your house or business that was burnt down or looted

Aye I said this earlier. Its different when your sat safely away telling people these looters need a cuddle, a chat and some more free money.

santacoops
    Free Member

I am also working and i’m also a middle class cockbag

We should do lunch!

binners

How is life on the frontline Hora? 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,453 total)

The topic ‘Tottenham Riots’ is closed to new replies.