Viewing 13 posts - 1,441 through 1,453 (of 1,453 total)
  • Tottenham Riots
  • binners

has anybody considered the idea that it’s all a setup by somebody within the police in order to create public support for the idea that police funding and numbers should be increased?

But at what point did the aliens get involved? Before they shot John F Kennedy? Or after they’d abducted Shergar? And was Elvis directly involved?

I think what’s been proved by the Met quite consistently recently is that they couldn’t organise a **** up in a brewery, let alone a decent conspiracy

anagallis_arvensis

has anybody considered the idea that it’s all a setup by somebody within the police in order to create public support for the idea that police funding and numbers should be increased?

The thought has crossed my mind.
    Has anyone wondered why nothing has happend in Scotland or Wales?

Nobby

Unless, of course, the last few years of gaffs were a deliberate act to make you think they couldn’t organise a proverbial……. 😉

binners

now THAT is a conspiracy I can believe in 😉

WackoAK
    Free Member

They’ll happily supress political protests but give looters and rioters free reign.

Definite consiracy.

BigJohn

Because it rains more. Nobody’s going to go out on the streets if they think they might get wet.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

mug a hoodie

Northwind

BigJohn – Member

Because it rains more. Nobody’s going to go out on the streets if they think they might get wet.

Weather was lovely the last few days, I got sunburned. Probably a bit too warm for rioting really.

(today it is ****ing horrible though)

morgs
    Free Member

24 minutes without a post? some fuel need for this fire I think….

last night west mids police were (comparatively) heavy handed when you look at the Met. This was a good thing.

Discuss 😉

KT1973
    Free Member

If they did it in my town they’d be running away with a few birthday cards, 2nd hand books and some perm lotion from the hairdressers.
    Not quite as alluring as a Blackberry, a Playstation and some Nikes

Jamie
    Free Member

Looks like Brum is on the edge after what happened last night:

12.20pm: Martin Wainwright and Riazat Butt are in Birmingham, talking to people there about the killing of three men who were run over as they tried to protect property last night:

Feelings are running very high in Winson Green where residents of the largely British Asian area are out on the streets discussing the tragedy in shocked and angry groups.

A committee meeting at the Dudley Road mosque this morning was “very hot” according to a group of men who were there, and whose view was echoed by the Bishop of Aston Rt Rev Anthony Watson, who also took part.

He warned of events taking on a ‘potentially ugly race dimension’ with real concern over reprisals if pleas for calm were not heeded. He said: “There were some very good things said by older people, but some of the younger ones were very angry.”

One of the group of men said: “There will be race riots if the police don’t sort this out quickly”.

He accused largely African-Caribbean looting gangs of targeting Asian-owned businesses, partly because they were perceived as easier targets compared with the city centre which was full of police.

They tried to do over the Jet2 garage in Dudley Road on Monday night and they knew there was money in the mosque.

“We were out there to protect both of them and other businesses and we were right to do that – because four carloads of blacks came along and it was obvious what they were planning.”

He said that one of the cars, an Audi, had left the road and rammed a group on the pavement including the victims – two brothers Shazad and Munir Hussein, 32 and 30, who ran a local car wash which was also among possible targets. With them was Haroon Chohan, 19, who worked as a mechanic in a local garage. He said:

“They were all bright young men working at proper jobs. The wife of one of them is expecting. It’s terrible.”

Concern at the meeting also focused on the 20 minutes it took for an ambulance to arrive, with Birmingham’s big City hospital only five minutes down the road. The bishop said that this was an issue at the mosque meeting and the men accused police riot vans of blocking the road and adding to the delay.

Two of the men died at the scene in spite of frantic attempts to resuscitate them, and the third died early this morning at the City hospital.

Guardian

BigJohn

I just heard Tottenham Hotspur are trying to sign Grabatelli

kimbers

good quote from the bbc

Crime intelligence analyst from London

emails: I too would like to ask the prime minister and mayor of London who they think are directing the police by sifting through intelligence and identfying potential vulberable locations for disorder? It’s not the front-line staff that they promise will not be cut but the backroom staff who they are offering no such promise about! Every intelligence researcher across London was offered voluntary redundancy in the last two months.

Met Police Staff employee in London

e-mails: I read with interest that the mayor of London is now advocating not cutting police officers. What I would like to mention is it is us police staff in boroughs that are keeping things operating and supporting officers whilst they are moved from their office duties onto the streets at present. Why not a case for us not being cut, especially us in an operational roll, or is it of course that we are just considered as “civvies” who do not count?

Viewing 13 posts - 1,441 through 1,453 (of 1,453 total)

The topic ‘Tottenham Riots’ is closed to new replies.