Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 206 total)
  • Tory MP calls police plebs
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m not looking to take sides on this as in my experience, both job roles are prone to excessive jobsworthiness. However, the one thing I’ve not seen anyone mention anywhere is, what is the correct security protocol for access and egress to downing street by bicycle?

professor_fate
    Free Member

Sounds about right, the Nasty Party internal structure presided over by a Nasty Man. Poor timing after the previous day’s WPC murders, mind. But yes, an odious turd… 👿

Junkyard
    Free Member

what is the correct security protocol for access and egress to downing street by bicycle?

Not sure- do what the plod tell you?- but I suspect it does not involve swearing at a copper

Ed2001
    Free Member

A cartoon yesterday felt that he mistook a public servant for one of his own.

grum
    Free Member

What exactly do you have to do to get sacked from this Tory cabinet?

Jeremy Hunt – still in a job
    This arsehole – still in job

The mind boggles.

Ed2001
    Free Member

The mind boggles.

Sacking them would highlight and call into question callmedave’s complete lack of judgement,so it probably won’t happen.

deluded
    Free Member

The expanse of this arrogant bully’s ego and bloated sense of importance is astonishing. Frothing because he wasn’t allowed to egress via the main gate … and to add to the ridiculousness of it, doing so whilst on his nan’s bike? Where’s his sense of proportion – that’s what I find worrying.

Can the disconnect between politicians and the people get any wider? As Ernie Lynch said “very strange times” – indeed Ernie, I agree. To whom do we turn for Christ sake? What’s the alternative? That’s why I feel so despondent – the lack of any MP’s with integrity and something about them, as opposed to the constant, endless stream of nest featherers and sycophants selling this country down the river for their own vested interests.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Sacking them would highlight and call into question callmedave’s complete lack of judgement

Not at all. If Cameron had said “I’m not having a muppet like you who can’t take a simple instruction from a police officer responsible for security, without publicly losing it and ranting and swearing, in charge of the parliamentary Conservative Party’s discipline” it wouldn’t have called into question Cameron’s judgement. Failing to sack him is what has called into question his judgement

trailmonkey

I see he was the instigator of Project Umubano – some kind of modern day Livingstone offering salvation through the gospel of neo liberalism.

Imperialism never really died did it, just changed it’s m.o a little.

allthepies
    Free Member

At least he didn’t call the officer a bigot 🙂

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Not at all. If Cameron had said “I’m not having a muppet like you who can’t take a simple instruction from a police officer responsible for security, without publicly losing it and ranting and swearing, in charge of the parliamentary Conservative Party’s discipline” it wouldn’t have called into question Cameron’s judgement. Failing to sack him is what has called into question his judgement

^^This 100%. Bearing in mind the political commentary about the right of the party starting to tug his strings more and more, a clear demonstration of what is acceptable would have, at the very least, been good pr. For an ex pr guy I am amazed it passed him by, perhaps that is why he became and MP and left pr?

kimbers

well it might not go away yet, hes now admitted he swore but didnt say pleb

if labour get their way theyll have a lip reading expert examining the cctv

Shadow home secretary Yvette Cooper has written to Cabinet Secretary Sir Jeremy Heywood asking for Mr Mitchell and the officers involved to be interviewed, statements to be reviewed and an examination of CCTV footage.

binners

Is it just me, or did the “I want to make it absolutely clear that I did not use the words that have been attributed to me.” statement have more than a whiff of the Bill Clinton “I did not have relations with that woman” one?

ie: Someone choosing the exact words they use, very very carefully indeed, as they’re lying through their arse

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hopefully, there will be some enterprising journalists out there finding stories of cases where “plebs” have been charged and prosecuted for “abusing” police officers.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

According to the Telegraph :

Police groups have refused to accept Andrew Mitchell’s second apology over foul-mouthed tirade at armed officers, as David Cameron faces calls for an inquiry.

The Conservatives have been hoping the second apology would “draw a line” under the incident but this morning the furore showed signs of escalating.

Andrew Mitchell: Police refuse second apology as calls for inquiry grow

And according to the Sun :

The officer, who wrote his report for his superiors only hours after the incident, said he did so because Mr Mitchell told him: “You haven’t heard the last of this.”

The PC explained: “I write this for your information as Mr Mitchell’s last comments would appear to indicate he is unhappy with my actions.”

Official police report shows Andrew Mitchell called PCs ‘plebs’

So apart from the swearing and the insults, I suspect that Andrew Mitchell probably now also regrets saying “You haven’t heard the last of this”

cynic-al
    Free Member

Storm in a tea cup.

Would have had no attention were it not for last week’s deaths.

An inquiry would be well over the top. Not that the Tory is right, he’s just being a politician.

Junkyard
    Free Member

The issue is that he swore.lied about it , half arsed apologised then lied some more
    Now either the coppers are liars or he is

I agree if he had just said i was “tired and emotional” and i lost it I am very sorry then let it go- the plebs thing shows what he thinks about normal folk he has t rule over though. Who would call someone a pleb unless they have delusions of grandeur about their own social status.
    However, even though they all are, we now know this one is a confirmed lieing bastard

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Of course it would. Last week’s deaths have indeed probably increased the scrutiny on Mitchell’s comments. Also it shows just how out of touch he is to have made those comments in a period where public sympathy with police is at its highest in recent years.

grum
    Free Member

Storm in a tea cup.

An inquiry would be well over the top. Not that the Tory is right, he’s just being a politician.

Yes the timing is unfortunate for him – I’m sorry though, what jobs have you done where you would you be able to swear and shout abuse at police officers in public, adamantly deny it, then change your story, and expect not to be severely disciplined if not sacked?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

expect not to be severely disciplined

Well, given he went to Rugby and is a Tory, he’d probably see a bit of severe discipline as a reward rather than punishment. Best just go straight to sacking.

Junkyard
    Free Member

and expect not to be severely disciplined if not sacked?

Big Issue Seller???

allthepies
    Free Member

Perhaps Mitchell was on for an urban Strava KOM ?

D0NK

cynic-al – Member

Storm in a tea cup.it’s that old adage (that I swore I’d never use when I became a parent myself – yet to be seen if i stick to it)

It’s not what you did it’s that you lied about it!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It would have received less attention were it not for the fact that the alleged words were uttered from the mouth of a extremely senior politician, who happens to be a member of a political party which strongly supports zero tolerance of public order/breech of the peace offences.

And it would also have received little attention were it not for the fact that the term “pleb” betrays a contemptuous and arrogant attitude and sense of superiority towards the lower social classes, sometime which members of the government are routinely accused of, but which they strongly deny.

Farmer_John
    Free Member

The mind boggles.

What does it take to get sacked by the electorate?

Start an illegal war – Tony Blair was voted back in
    Bankrupt the country and destroy private sector pensions – Gordon Brown and Ed Balls were both re-elected

Maybe we get the politicians we deserve – if the public are happy to re-elect a war monger and a pair of economic charlatans, what hope is there for good standards amongst the rest?

kimbers

well if cameron can hang on to jeremy hunt when he was blatantly caught helping out the murdochs in the middle of the levenson poostorm and then promote him to minister in charge of selling of the NHS

i suppose mitchells quite safe

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You forgot to mention that Adolf Hitler was also elected Farmer_John.

Clearly Andrew Mitchell deserves to get away scott free with his public order offence, after all, he didn’t start an aggressive war. Although he did vote for one, of course.

wrecker
    Free Member

The mind boggles.
    Too right.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

We do have a new definition of PLEBS though, courtesy of UK Skills:

‘People Lacking Everyday Basic Skills’

PLEBS

Am guessing the list excludes politeness and a sense of proportion.

binners

And don’t forget George, happily still in place as chancellor, despite us being well and truly back in a double-dip recession, with no foreseeable end in sight, while the deficit he’s claiming to be reducing is spiralling into the clouds.

Swearing at coppers barely registers in that context

grum
    Free Member

What does it take to get sacked by the electorate?

What does it take to get Farmer_John to admit that the Tories can do anything wrong at all or stop him bringing up an irrelevant point slagging off Labour?

wisepranker
    Free Member

I wonder if John Terry will try the ‘Mitchell Defence’ at his hearing today 😯

andyl
    Free Member

Just watching on the news and got dropped off for work by a VW Polo which stopped in a bus stop…what a ******* pleb!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yes I think that was the image he was trying to convey andyl……he’s not in the least bit contemptuous and arrogant, and with a false sense of superiority. He’s just a regular average guy like everyone else and could not have used such a disparaging term as “pleb”.

kimbers

now vince cable is claiming to be a pleb!

Cable says he does not know what happened between David Cameron and Boris Johnson at Eton. Maybe a pillow fight got out of control.

He says he should not make jokes about class. But, as a mere “pleb”, he could not resist it.

Gweilo
    Free Member

Maybe, just maybe the old Bill are lying, wouldn’t be the first time now would it….. or are they a paragon of virtue like PC Simon harwood, the one that attacked Ian Tomlinson for no good reason.

And what are they doing leaking thier notebooks to the press….. and why did they tell him to “learn is place” as the BBC reported today

Personally I think both sides in this are arogant liars, cage fight on whitehall to settle it i think

kimbers

cage fight sounds good, im sure that an old etonian bully boy would get his ass handed to him on a plate

allthepies
    Free Member

and why did they tell him to “learn is place” as the BBC reported today

Mitchell allegedly told the coppers to “learn your place”, not the other way round.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what are they doing leaking thier notebooks to the press

Well when the other side Tory Whip keeps releasing press statements [ and has his friends say how he feels] that amount to calling you a liar. You might [ or someone in the police force] might just get so annoyed they release their side of events.
    s

totalshell

well its a good job theres nothing more important for the govt to worry about than if a copper was or was nt called a pleb.

for what its worth the mitchell guy should front up and saty yes i did call him a pleb he was being an rse and i felt it was better than calling him a planker..

cops arent all sweetness and light and they can i’m told be have a bit like planks..

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 206 total)

The topic ‘Tory MP calls police plebs’ is closed to new replies.