Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Torque Covert 7 Crank Multi-Tool Review
  • Ben_Haworth

This Torque Covert 7 multi-tool could be better. I’m happy to accept the cost-cutting aspect of it in exchange for the lower price tag.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story here:

Torque Covert 7 Crank Multi-Tool Review

lovewookie

I like the look of these for hollow axle cranks and am a fan of the hidden on-bike tools since the early lefty toolkit from cannondale, but I couldn’t deal with how much this sticks out. my wonky feet would catch themm and judgig by the amount and position of heel rub on bikes I see in passing, I don’t think I’d be alone.

I’d much prefer a flush version, something that uses an expandable bung, to secure it for instance, even better is it had two and sealed the tool inside. may keep it less rusty.

tall_martin

I bought the same tool under a different name cheaper off eBay.

I slightly bent it putting some cranks on. So while it’s better than some multi tools, it is not my first choice for putting loads of torque through.

I’ve replaced it on my main bike and put the fragile wonky one on my commuter.

The main reason is convenience. It’s very quick to get out of the cranks, sort a bolt and put it away again. No faffing with zips and bags that have reshuffled themselves.

Not perfect, but good enough to buy twice for two bikes.

mackenru

Doesn’t fit in all cranks, SRAM DUB being a good example as I’ve found to my frustration.

bikesandboots

Zero protection from water/mud from the other end of the shaft, oh dear.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.