Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Toolboxtrackworld / home mechanic.
  • bfw

I bought an american pro tool box off of eBay years ago. still looks ace

Merak

@sharkattack

You’ll love this.😁 I did my watches too.

I just can’t stand disorder, everything has to be 👌

I’m with @SirHC some people just like to be organised…

Daz
    Free Member

Of course foam liners are unnecessary and if you don’t like it well fair enough. I run a bike repair business and it just makes everything so much more efficient to have my tools to hand. I’ve used them so often I can lift most of them without even looking. A lot of other tools are on a tool wall too.

Apart from being organised I like things to look the part and just makes working at bikes a pleasure.

kayak23

I’d be interested to see some of the above posters socks and pants drawers….

I’m imagining neatly cut out Y-front shaped foam drawer inserts. Same in a Pelicase for holidays 😉

Daz
    Free Member

😂 completely the opposite in my case. A chair in the corner of my bedroom does the job. Far too busy looking for shiny tools.

benp1

Many tools here so many tool boxes. Generally big red tool chests with other stuff in filing cabinets. Nothing hanging up and nothing portable as I do all the work in the workshop. I use a tool bag (abrams tank bag) for some basic tools that I can take into the house for quick fixes, then take in extra stuff depending on need

I love the idea of the foam inserts but the reality is one of two things
    – I have too many tools and the foam insert, while lovely, means those tools take up more space than I have
    – if I buy another tool (which happens regularly!) then all my spacings go out, which would be rather annoying

fossy

I have a number of Stanley tool boxes – everything sort of organised, but not to ‘foam’ level – mainly put in the right tray. Also use a folding wallet for pliers etc. I do take the tools with me when we’ve got a week or more at our caravan, just in case, as some bikes live down there all summer.

superfli
    Free Member

Just bought a lifeline Pro toolbox from wiggle for £15. Stainless steel, so will be much more solid than my existing Halfords box. This is to keep in my van for when it and about and holidays, so just a selection of tools.
    Not sure what is like yet as I’m waiting on it to arrive

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-pro-stainless-steel-hard-case

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.