Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Toe Tolerant Socks
  • Kryton57

Has anyone found any socks that seem to cope at not getting a hole in the big toe?  Getting bit fed up with my sock wear and tear currently.

bsims
    Free Member

Get a cobbler to stitch a bit of old inner tube around the big toe side. Only partly said in jest! It will be cheep, flexible and work if your shoes aren’t tight.

doomanic

Trim your toenails?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Trim your toenails?

[/thread]

avdave2

Work socks from Asda. Or any others designed to be worn with steel toecap shoes or boots. They kill socks very quickly but mine have lasted really well despite spending 5 days a week in steel toe capped shoes.

shifter
    Free Member

Find/buy “footed” socks ie left and right. If you always wear them on the correct feet they take the shape of your feet.

Gore AlpX ftw.

LAT

Darn Tough are guaranteed for life. Not sure it that includes putting a toe through the end, though.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Never had any noticeable wear in Bridgedale, and that includes with safety boots.

Moved to Injinji toe socks now. Don’t think they’ll last as long, but they solve other issues.

sirromj

I shall avoid reiteration of a previously stated post.

Splash-man
    Free Member

Work socks from Asda. Or any others designed to be worn with steel toecap shoes or boots. They kill socks very quickly but mine have lasted really well despite spending 5 days a week in steel toe capped shoes.

Another vote for the Asda socks.

duncancallum

Try injinji socks

Google them you’ll be pleased…

Kryton57

Trim your toenails?

Ok cheers, I’d never thought of that….

Thanks all, I’ll have a look at the recommendations…

BadlyWiredDog

Change your shoes to ones that don’t rub against your big toe. That’s the fundamental issue, not the socks. Possibly not feasible if you have weirdly prominent big toes.

bob_summers

I’m missing several toenails completely (from trail running) so it can’t be them. I go through socks with boring regularity. Trainers have to have a rubber bit above the toes – if it’s fabric then my toes get through that too.

DezB
    Free Member

Those free socks from Maximum Mountain Bike (hi Chipps!) magazine – I think they were Sockguy(?) – toes last forever! Elastic is all baggy round the ankle, but the toes are like new 🙂

joshvegas
    Free Member

Socks don’t wear out at the toe they wea out at the heal.

We could swap?

5plusn8
    Free Member

Same.
    Socks are so cheap from sports direct/online/etc that I now consider them a consumable. Holey ones make great rags.

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Thank heaven I’m not alone, my big toes trash any shoes that aren’t steel toecaps in seconds, just slashed a hole in my reasonably new road shoes and fabric shoes last next to no time. Upturned big toes with well trimmed nails but they are still like machetes.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Toe Tolerant Socks’ is closed to new replies.