Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • today's thoughts to bedazzle the massed intellect that is the STW forum are…
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

i may have something interesting to bring to the party

but let's not hold our collective breaths :o)

bigyinn
    Free Member

I love the way you completely ignore my question about converting to disc brakes.

crazy-legs

'cos, despite all the dicking around, chipps has a sneaking suspicion i may have something interesting to bring to the party… is too busy writing a magazine to bother with stupid trolls

Fixed it for you.
    🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

ro – Member
    'cos, despite all the dicking around, chipps has a sneaking suspicion i may have something interesting to bring to the party…

Or he just cant be bothered dealing with you.
    Yet again your ego gets in the way of the truth.

Woody
    Free Member

Ro, I had the distinct impression that you were in Vietnam primarily for altruistic (medical) reasons, re-inforced by your previous requests for bike donations.

The spa consultancy business is presumably just a sideline to keep the wolf from the door while you get on with 'good work' as presumably the only opportunity most locals would have of entering one of these establishments is as an employee to cater for the every whim of the rich clients?

Please feel free to put me right on this.

cynic-al
    Free Member

ro – Member
    … and he may be right. you just have to be patient

Erm….no thanks.

ro
    Free Member

Woody, yes, the first bit is true.

WV is Thuy's company, not mine. And she actually pays waaay above normal rates for the people she employs and for the employees of the spas she designs because – coming from poverty in Laos in her youth – she knows what it feel like.

So once again you guys are pissing all over the wrong person. Well done.

jimmy

To be fair, you're doing a cracking job of it Ro.

Pook

There's still no apostrophe in MTBs.

radoggair
    Free Member

Ro Hunter

Co-founder/Communications & New Media Director

Educated at Dundee University, Scotland, Ro was involved with the NHS on research projects relating to clinical governance the application of Web 2.0 social media communication systems.

ro – Member
    Instead of antagonising and insulting folk maybe you could post up some interesting pictures of where you are.

i'm not a fan of complex technology, so tell me how to do it in simple language and i'll gladly oblige

Erm………… bit contradicting there??

Woody
    Free Member

Interesting this Ro. So you are there to give your expertise in the medical and 'systems' field, although the prominence of your name in the 'Who are we' section would suggest your involvment extends beyond that of a contractor. It's always nice to have a proper doctor on a the company bumph in this business area to add an air of respectability and gravitas, so I guess that is fair enough

With Ms Thuy M Do background it is heartwarming that she has used the knowledge and education gained in the USA to improve the lives of ordinary working people in her country of birth. However, I am struggling to work out how she maintains control of the employee pay in the spas she merely designs.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I always love to hear the opinions of New Media Directors

ro
    Free Member

When you design a spa you also formulate the company employment criteria, including staff salary struture. Of course the client may choose to ignore her recommendations but, to date, none have. Maybe she's good at her job? Go figure.

ro
    Free Member

Erm………… bit contradicting there??

Not really. I manage things, I don't do them 🙂

Pook

You still haven't managed to get your apostrophes in the right place.

ro
    Free Member

apostrophes will always confuse me. i was going to sit down one day and hammer the rules into my head but i simply couldn't be bothered. there's always someone around to keep me right. so be a nice fellow and feel free to correct my errors 🙂

Pook

Nope. I'll just look down on you from my high punctuation horse.

ro
    Free Member

high horses are fun, aren't they?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Well you're the expert preaching to all us boring dimwits.

angryratio
    Free Member

*thread fart*

bassspine
    Free Member

Blimey Ro, better get on to the manufacturers, I bet none of them, not Santa Cruz, not Specialized, not Trek, not even On-one have thought of the possibility of a rock hitting a mountainbike frame. 🙄

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

apostrophes will always confuse me.

I think we can judge the importance of apostrophe's by the fact that they are absent from spoken language and no ambiguity ensues 🙂

MartynS

would anyone use a carbon framed MTB when the one thing carbon is totally useless for is dealing with high impact point-loadings, like when the front of your BB bounces off a rock or your down tube is caressed by sharp stones thrown up by your front wheel? twits.

My GT STS survived 10 or so years of having "high impact point loadings" in the peak district, headtube never snapped off either. Stil have the frame, might rebuild it…

alex222
    Free Member

ro – you can't write a coherent sentence' yet you pull people up on their grammar. you claim to be into low technology yet you work in a high tech job role. you claim to be in vietnaam to help out the 'poor people', yet you take a large salary and then spend it letting 'poor people' serve you drinks whilst drawing a sh1t wage. you claim to understand materials properties, you clearly don't. you claim you have a degree from dundee, i'm guessing you don't.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

There is more contextual information in a casual face-to-face dialogue.

Punctuation shows respect for the reader – you can be bothered to disambiguate your words. Apostrophes are fairly easy punctuation, except possessives of names that end with 's'.

Commas are the tricky barstewards.

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘today's thoughts to bedazzle the massed intellect that is the STW forum are…’ is closed to new replies.