Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • To the person who dented my car at Wolftrax and drove off
  • ballachul
    Free Member

I'd thought a fellow biker might at least have apologised?

allthepies
    Free Member

No, c*nts ride bikes too.

ballachul
    Free Member

I know. Normally, would just have though t**t and moved on but the car's leased, one week old and it will come out of my pocket. Ah well, moan over.

djglover
    Free Member

happened to me at cwmcarn, I think there are a greater proportion of **** among the mountain biking community than the rest of society.

Rorschach
    Free Member

"I think there are a greater proportion of **** among the mountain biking community than the rest of society."
    Ain't that the truth.

joolsburger
    Free Member

A note apprently found on a car windscreen..

I have crashed into your car, there are lots of witnesses, they all think I'm leaving my details but I'm not. Sorry.

jam-bo

never understood the concept that ownership of a bike made you a decent person.

wasnt me by the way.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

never understood the concept that ownership of a bike made you a decent person.

it hasn't worked for me 🙁

guido

Im with you brother. (see my thread) annoyed for you.

ballachul
    Free Member

Cheers and commiserations guido. May their seatposts snap and their scaffolding collapse.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Shit happens, & today it happened to you.
    I know how you feel though, cos it's happened to me as well. (a few times!)

Del

presume you're reporting it to the plod?
    never know, somone might have witnessed it, or the person whodid it might have reported it themselves ( v unlikely i know, but you never know ).
    leaving the scene of an accident is an automatic ban these days. if they report within 24hrs though all is well, and the insurance can just sort out the metal.

fauxbyfour
    Free Member

If the car park is private property then plod will not even bother and auto ban does not apply either, sorry.

gtkid
    Free Member

Shit thing to happen but might not be an mtber. Plenty of non mtbers stop there to use the cafe whilst passing or going for a walk.

deluded
    Free Member

Failing to stop or report an accident – Road Traffic Act 1988, s. 170(4)
    Triable summarily. Six months imprisonment and/or fine. DISCRETIONARY disqualification.

They also have to report it as soon as REASONABLY PRACTICABLE and in any case within 24 hours. Which is different to having 24 hours to report.

It is likely that the car park is a ‘public place’ under the definition of the Road Traffic Act. In order to prove that a place is in fact a ‘public place’ it must be shown that those people admitted to the place in question are members of the public and are admitted as such, not as members of some special group and those people are so admitted with the permission of the land owner . If so it's a public place and subject to the Road Traffic Act.

Sorry, studying this section at the moment for my Sergeant’s exam!

All the best.

zaskar
    Free Member

Maybe they didn't notice. How bads the dent? bad enough to drive away eh?

One if the reasons I didn't buy a new car is the feckers keep denting my bike mobile.

Don't get too attached to objects and have good insurance!

sherry
    Free Member

I came back from a ride to find some little tosser (late teens) standing on the roof of my camper van! After nearly blowing my top at him I asked what he was doing and he said looking for his mates. Upon looking at the roof he had put 4 large dents on it, needless to say the red mist appeared and said a few profanities, I then put his bike in the van and said he can get it back when he pays for the damage. I exchanged details with him and said I would be in touch with the repair bill. It took around 3 weeks to sort it out but I got paid £480 and he got his bike back, although it was mummy and daddy that paid and moaned about it.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Yeah, it has happened to me on 4 occasions in the last few years, my car looks a mess. MTBers are made up of the general population and most people will just drive off given half the chance.

ballachul
    Free Member

Cheers all – at least being on here makes you feel better. At the endo of the day it's only a car.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘To the person who dented my car at Wolftrax and drove off’ is closed to new replies.