Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • To all those thinking of putting the heating on…..
  • jekkyl

MAN Up, or woman up more accurately. Step away from the thermostat, what do you think you’re doing? Put a jumper on, it’s still August! Looking at you female significant others.

thatscold
    Free Member

The fairer sex have to take their responsibility for global warming….

bruneep

2c here last night

cinnamon_girl

Put the heating on? Why???

nbt

Meh. Ours has been on for a few days (timer, mornings and evenings). Not everyone’s a rufty tufty outdoorsman who strolls around semi-naked until november. Mrs NBT’s been wearing three jumpers on some days so on goes the heating. Leave yours off though by all means

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ours is on 24 hours now, it was cold and unpleasant and now it’s comfortable. Had been sat in winter fleece for a few evenings running and enough was enough

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ours has been on a while, I quite like it thanks

But I don’t drive half way round the country to go and ride a bike around a trail centre, so I quite rightly feel warm, smug and self righteous that I’m not killing the planet anymore than anyone else

jekkyl

lol at you lot getting all defensive.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Quite impressive that, managing to turn a thread about central heating into a smug anti trail centre jibe. Well done you. :mrgreen:

SaxonRider

Growing up on the lakes in Canada’ we always had the woodstove burning, so it was quite normal to enjoy heat on a cool summer’s evening. The idea of using central heating as a replacement for that, though, just seems, well…unnatural!

iainc

our thermostat sits at around 18 in the summer and 22 in the winter, with the definitions therof being outwith my control 🙂 Its timed for a few hrs in morning and then on mid afternoon, as wife and kids get in around 330.

I dont get the whole ‘switch it off in summer thing’

cloudnine
    Free Member

Not allowed on till the swallows have flown

ricky1
    Free Member

When my ear starts aching I’ll put it on……might put it on.

iolo
    Free Member

My AGA hasn’t been off.
    I’m not even in the country but my parents go there on weekends. The gas bill is not so much. There’s always hot water there for them.
    The kitchen is always nice and warm.

core

Heating been off since March/April, woodburner too.

Just lit the woodburner though…..

Drac

It’s 17c why would I need someone to tell me to put a jumper on?

seosamh77
    Free Member

Is it October already?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Middle of winter here, heating on and flew about 3000 miles last week. But I’d like to point out that I’d fly further to ride nice trails.

tonyg2003

Just looked at the weather back home. 16degrees and 100% chance of rain all day…. Wtf…. Then remembered it’s bank holiday Monday!

Drac

Did you also remember it’s the end of August in a climatic country?

mogrim

our thermostat sits at around 18 in the summer and 22 in the winter, with the definitions therof being outwith my control Its timed for a few hrs in morning and then on mid afternoon, as wife and kids get in around 330.

I dont get the whole ‘switch it off in summer thing’

Me neither, with the magic of a modern digital thermostat I never need to think about it. If it’s cold enough for the heating to come on, wgaf if it’s August or November?

tonyg2003

Did you also remember it’s the end of August in a climatic country?

Yes thanks. Even for the UK 16degrees in the SE of the UK in August is unseasonably low.

loddrik
    Free Member

MAN Up, or woman up more accurately. Step away from the thermostat, what do you think you’re doing? Put a jumper on, it’s still August! Looking at you female significant others.

Need to show this to the wife!!

badnewz
    Free Member

Duvet day here but heating is orf.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Living in Wales we burn sheep or the english 😀 until November. Then the heating goes on.

Drac

Yes thanks. Even for the UK 16degrees in the SE of the UK in August is unseasonably low.

But not unusual.

tonyg2003

Coldest ever recorded bank holiday temp today for some parts of the UK. Check the met office.

mrchrispy

common sense does not come into it in our house….i’ve turned the heating down at the bolier, im not sure she even knows where the boiler is so I should be safe.

foud out the other day that the good lady has been feeding the cat 1/2 a packet of cat food and binning the other half, next day its a fresh 1/2 packet and the rest in the bin again. why you wonder? its because she doesnt want to over feed the cat….why she cant use the 1 packet over 2 days I do not **** know.

I honestly give in.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Just been into town and because the temp has dropped below 20degsC everywhere had their heating on full chat. Spent most of the time sweating cobs.

takisawa2

Timed stat in hall set at 16c, but up to 18c for breakfast, evenings. Has come on briefly in mornings of late, but we had solid wall insulation last year & house generally stays warm these days. 🙂
    Just had £600 back from gas supplier for overpayment.

scotroutes

Heating? We’ve got all the doors and window open as it’s such a lovely day. Mind you, this is the Highlands of Scotland. It’ll probably be a blizzard by 8pm

iainc

a seasonally normal 17 degree August Monday in some parts of the UK where it’s not a Bank Holiday 🙂 nice and sunny too !

stumpyjon

Left Dalaman yesterday at 40 degrees, arrived home at 10 degrees, heating is on.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

I ‘may’ light a candle later … if she’s lucky 😉

epicyclo

scotroutes – Member
    Heating? We’ve got all the doors and window open as it’s such a lovely day. Mind you, this is the Highlands of Scotland. It’ll probably be a blizzard by 8pm

He’s right, it was roasting today. It hit 5ºC on my patio this am, then rose to double digits later.

mudshark
    Free Member

My Surrey’s not as cold as the rest of the UK but even my wife hasn’t mentioned putting the heating on.

Might be worth telling the body conscious that it’ll help them to lose weight:

Using the Cold to Boost Your Metabolism

andyinthorne
    Free Member

2 log burners running here….. i’m a tree surgeon with 600 tons on timber to go at, so my piss wet through ride around dalby yesterday was greated with underfloor heating on full shout boilers – mmmmmmm niccceeeeee.

vickypea
    Free Member

I finally stopped wearing shorts and put a jumper on today, but the heating is not going on in August!!
    Mr Pea wants to put it on though!

cruzcampo
    Free Member

I was in short and tea post gym, then by afternoon upgraded to tshirt and jumper, now upgraded to dressing gown on top 😆

Real feel according to MET today was 11*c. Way under for August.

Can’t complain though as Fri/Sat/Sun were gorgeous.

Trekster

MrsT pays the bill, she can turn it on when she likes. 😆
    As an arthritis sufferer with a poor immune system and other medical conditions she can do as she pleases ……
    Too many judgemental people around…. 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘To all those thinking of putting the heating on…..’ is closed to new replies.