Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Titus FTM carbon – seat stays sorted ??
  • Premier Icon toomuchtime
    Free Member

Evening all

The Mrs would like a Titus FTM carbon 2010 building up for her to enjoy leaving me coughing and spluttering in her dust ,now I have read that they had a bit of a problem with the carbon seat stays did anyone have one or are still reading one ??
    The better half is fairly slim and isn’t one to abuse the frame but should something happen to her whilst riding i could find myself single pretty soon (as I hurry to build it !!)
    Any insight would be most appreciated

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

A mate had one of those, IIRC on one bought them, anyway his cracked, and when he started digging it seemed fairly commonplace.

That said, if it’s got 10 years, it may be a good un.

Premier Icon thepurist

I’m still riding mine as my winter bike. It doesn’t get too much abuse these days, but I’ve owned it since new and it’s mostly been sound. The only problem I’ve had with the frame was the first time I tried to pull main pivot bolt and it seemed to have been crossed on the way on. That was sorted on warranty.

Premier Icon stumpy120

I gave mine loads of abuse. It was the chainstay I broke not the seatstay.

It was a nightmare for breaking hangers just riding along though

Premier Icon djflexure
    Free Member

My wife runs the Alu Rockstar – it’s got a carbon rear triangle. Absolutely fine for years

Premier Icon johnhighfield
    Free Member

I built up a 26″ some years ago & rode it for several years – mainly on single track & nothing radical & it was fine. I still have it but mainly ride a road bike now. I also built up a 29″ Titus FTM which was much, much beefier & heavier – and still have that. The 26 was very nimble, light & very comfortable & could hold its own against much later specs.

Premier Icon toomuchtime
    Free Member

Thanks all , I did read somewhere about the mech hangers so have ordered a couple might be worth carrying a spare

Premier Icon cchris2lou

I had one, and it was fine for ages. My son used it as a jump bike and smashed both chainstays on a bad landing.
    And yes to mech hangers, stupid design.

Premier Icon bikerevivesheffield

mech hangrs snapped by the screw.you could get after market ones which were far better iirc

Premier Icon toomuchtime
    Free Member

Did the aftermarket hangers solve the problem or is it just a toss design ? I only paid £125 for it off ebay it’s absolutely brand spanking new so i could always relist it don’t fancy paying out for mech hangers every few months

Premier Icon thepurist

I’m gonna hate myself for saying this but… I never had a problem with the mech hanger. I did get a spare from the outset so maybe carrying that warded off the mech hanger gremlins.

Premier Icon toomuchtime
    Free Member

Thanks thepurist I was all set to sell it now I am not sure

Premier Icon toomuchtime
    Free Member

Discussed with the Mrs and I have ordered a 2 screw wheels mfg rear hanger she is aware if it snaps and she goes tarmac surfing it’s not my fault !!!
    See how long that lasts

Premier Icon cchris2lou

I snapped 3 in a few years, 2 rides a week. So not dramatic but annoying when it happens and no spare.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.